Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 17:44   #1
BANNED

Need Advice : CNG + Esteem ( Mumbai City )

Guys,

I am happy with my car’s performance till date manage to clock 58000km ( 56 km daily in Mumbai city), but yesterday while going back have seen CNGFied Esteem ( cab ) was giving competition to zen, Swift n all petrol headed cars, I thought of buying second had Esteem and then Adding CNG kit into that to reduce the running cost , how is the idea guys ? Willing to spend total 3.5 lakhs

Any ideas / Comments guys
Old 26th September 2008, 19:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Willing to spend 20min in queues every second day?

/atleast in delhi
Old 26th September 2008, 20:52   #3
BHPian

Hi,

For the uninitiated, Bombay/Mumbai has seperate queues for private CNG vehicles. - the logic of the pump owners is simple - More sales per filling as against autos which are the largest number of customers.

Nicejits - may be the esteem CNG cab may have switched over to petrol for the extra boost. ? CNG on its own wont be so hot on the road. I've a LPG WagonR and the pickup isn't anything great. Yes on petrol it rips.

Hope this helps.

M M
Old 26th September 2008, 21:36   #4
BHPian

if the availability of cng is not a problem then i dont find any problem in converting to cng.
be ready to wake up early and get cng filled to avoid the queue.thats what i do to.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

CNG Esteem

A CNG Esteem is a very good and economical means of transport.The engine does well on CNG.Most blokes in our Company drive their Esteems on gas.

Contrary to p[opular belief,MPFI cars do well even on CNG.The CNG kit plus a Timing Advance Processor(TAP) does the trick into getting the car to perform.

Esteem averages over 20 kms on a kg of CNG and that makes it cheaper than a Honda Activa
Old 29th September 2008, 16:29   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
A CNG Esteem is a very good and economical means of transport.The engine does well on CNG.Most blokes in our Company drive their Esteems on gas.

Contrary to p[opular belief,MPFI cars do well even on CNG.The CNG kit plus a Timing Advance Processor(TAP) does the trick into getting the car to perform.

Esteem averages over 20 kms on a kg of CNG and that makes it cheaper than a Honda Activa

Esteem averages is over 20 kms on a kg of CNG thats awsome. i guess cost 40000in Mumbai , thinkning of doing it, guys have 1 more query .. sometime back i read in some auto magazine, that there a switch available in market which will give show many Kg CNG is left in tank ? is this teue? any bady heard of this ? ever tried ?
Old 29th September 2008, 22:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

all installers will give you a meter with four-five LEDs. But practical experience suggests that a tripmeter will do just fine.

and since CNG has uniform quality everywher e- you ALWAYS get the same mileage - so you make that pattern - every two or three days you go and fill up.

Most Viewed