Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:58   #16
BHPian

Congrats Sachu! That was a good choice. Blend of Style, Performance and VFM.
Wish you Happy & Safe driving.
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:09   #17
BHPian

When you hear the little sporty hummm from the silencer of the petrol one, trust me you wont even think about it. Take the test drive car (petrol), open the driver door, start the engine and give the throttle as you put your senses to hear the silencer. That sound is immensely mesmerizing, you will never hear anything like that in any diesel ever.

I start smiling when I hear that, I mean I have that grin which doesn't go for a while and my wife thinks I am psyched or something. Petrol it is my friend!
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:57   #18
BHPian

good choice. I drove the Fiesta Sa nd absolutely loved it...However that being said, I loathed the lack of rear discs, the crappy alloys, and the fact that leather seating was not even an option...

The car handles well, which will be fun on the highways, and is relatively fast [I pulled between 11.2-11.3 seconds, 0-100 in my TD with 2 people, running on speed and really dumping the clutch a lot. The above was my best run]

Enjoy your black panther

cheers:
Old 3rd October 2008, 00:28   #19
BHPian

congrats for finalising fiesta. as mentioned by others here in this forum, it s a drivers car (one more reason to opt over verna, sxi) and considering your monthly running, there wont be much to loose for fuel (IMO), but as Eddy said the only thing you have to compromise is the resale value. panther black is nice color. also take a look at the aquarius blue really cool.off late ford has introduced this and availble only in new models. if the showroom doesnt have one to show that color to u, visit the latest one in TBHP forum - sathee46 gallery
2008 Ford Fiesta 1.6S - sathee46's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:39   #20
BHPian

Good choice Sachu. As suggested by benkey2, I also recommend aquarius. I own a Fiesta S Acquarius (less than a month old). Lovely car and definitely a head turner. I had done extensive calculations for petrol-diesel comparison. I feel a petrol car will stay cheaper for around 4 years when compared to a diesel car (exact same specs). For me 4 years was eternity to miss out on the driving pleasure of a petrol car.
Old 4th October 2008, 06:47   #21
BHPian

Folks, leave out the choice of color to the buyer. (I know you are making suggestions only)

When one of my friends recently bought a car, he did everything of the selection process himself expect the choice of color - after deciding everthing else he asked his wife to choose her preferred color - his way of including her
Old 4th October 2008, 10:47   #22
BHPian

Folks when you consider the economies of driving petrol / diesel you shouldn't just consider the extra money spent on fuel but also the extra loan interest for a larger loan amount since the diesel engines are usually a lac more in this segment. Considering that you do need to have a significant amount of running to recover the extra cost of the diesel engine and the extra interest component of the loan.
The one place you may save a bit might be when you want to sell off your vehicle when you want to go in for a new one, a diesel might have a better resale considering the inflated cost of fuel 4 - 5 years down the line.
Old 4th October 2008, 11:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sachu! And welcome to the Fiesta club!
Old 4th October 2008, 11:32   #24
BHPian

And congratulations on your new buy Sachu, I too would have settled on the 1.6S, it makes more sense.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
....., I too would have settled on the 1.6S, it makes more sense.
Can you pls elaborate on that.

While i understand that choice is very individual thing, If i choose Fiesta (over City) it will be Sxi & not S because of following reasons:
1) back seat comfort is better in SXi due to presence of arm rest and adjustable head rest.
2) leather interiors.

i guess i will miss following in SXi:
1) alloys
2) spoiler
3) sport pedal.
4) body kit

So i guess i'm choosing back seat comfort and plush feel of leather interiors over exterior looks due to alloy and spoiler.

i also believe engine/suspension etc are same for Sxi & S.

Have i got it right?
any views/comments?

Note: while i have posted this on the Fiesta Facelift thread, couldnt resist to put the query here too after seeing that comment
Old 4th October 2008, 13:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
Can you pls elaborate on that.

While i understand that choice is very individual thing, If i choose Fiesta (over City) it will be Sxi & not S because of following reasons:
1) back seat comfort is better in SXi due to presence of arm rest and adjustable head rest.
2) leather interiors.

i guess i will miss following in SXi:
1) alloys
2) spoiler
3) sport pedal.
4) body kit

So i guess i'm choosing back seat comfort and plush feel of leather interiors over exterior looks due to alloy and spoiler.

Have i got it right?
any views/comments?

Note: while i have posted this on the Fiesta Facelift thread, couldnt resist to put the query here too after seeing that comment
Yup, you are spot on! When I bought the sxi last year (no S model then), I paid extra for all those things, except the body kit.
As regards suspension, I'm told Ford has made some minor changes to the S model for better handling, but at the cost of ride quality. Even the ECU is allegedly re-mapped for more power, per some magazine.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post

Have i got it right?
any views/comments?

Nope the suspension is not the same, Ford has adjusted the suspension for a slightly stiffer ride so that the car holds well at faster speeds and cornering.
Old 4th October 2008, 21:13   #28

Agonizing Wait

Hi all, now that I have chosen the car, paid the advance amount and readied a loan, it is the period of agonizing wait to possess it. Ford's dealer in Navi Mumbai tells me that he would tell me the date of delivery on the 8th, and it could take another 12 days for the car to arrive from Chennai. That means, I won't get it before 20th. Why such delays? Ford doesn't make enough 1.6 S versions or what? Just one doubt: What is the flipside of a stiffer suspension? You feel the potholes and bumps more?
Old 5th October 2008, 00:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Hi all, now that I have chosen the car, paid the advance amount and readied a loan, it is the period of agonizing wait to possess it. Ford's dealer in Navi Mumbai tells me that he would tell me the date of delivery on the 8th, and it could take another 12 days for the car to arrive from Chennai. That means, I won't get it before 20th. Why such delays? Ford doesn't make enough 1.6 S versions or what? Just one doubt: What is the flipside of a stiffer suspension? You feel the potholes and bumps more?
Congrats mate!
which dealer and what colour?
myself have been trying to decide on my car...
The SC ford folks infact told me that the delivery will take about 15 days (for Sxi).. so i guess the timelines offered to you are similar...
I guess, unlike honda the replenishment stock comes less frequently @ Ford dealers... probably thats the reason..

Pls also share the details on discounts and freebies offered...
Old 5th October 2008, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As regards suspension, I'm told Ford has made some minor changes to the S model for better handling, but at the cost of ride quality. Even the ECU is allegedly re-mapped for more power, per some magazine.
vnabhi, there is no ECU remapping for more power in 1.6 S. Both the 1.6 S and 1.6 SXi boast identical horsepower, 0-100 Kmph times etc.

The difference is definitely in the fatter tyres and the tuned suspension which results in better handling. However, the ride quality is compromised a little bit, but not much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks