Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 19:59   #16
BHPian

The Honda brand has definately a better resale than Ford in India. But IMO the goodies and extras that you get with the Fiesta kinda make up for the higher value of Honda.

And the Fiesta has proved to be a good car so no issues there as well. ANd as autoenthusiast pointed out below the fuel saving costs too arent as big to ponder on about ...

If I was in your place - I would definately go for the Fiesta
Old 6th October 2008, 20:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
I just went to the Ford dealer and took a TD of the Fiesta 1.6S and was really impressed with it.
The un-discounted OTR of the vehicle works out to be 8,25,460, with the corporate discount figured in the discounted OTR works out to be 7,66,000/-. That seems to be an awesome deal.
If I also compare it to the ANHC, the ANHC S-MT comes to around 9,42,000/- (no discounts at the moment since it's a new model) an approximate increase of 1,76,000 compared to the Ford 1.6S, you then have to consider the interest component for the additional amount and the extra amount you pay for the ANHC is easily more than 2Lac.
I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money, the one place it may have an edge on the Fiesta 1.6S is when it comes to mileage and resale value, but how much extra might you get with the ANHC ? maybe 2 - 3 Km, even with that increase you still would end up spending more.

Does anyone has a concrete figure for the Fiesta 1.6S city mileage ? The dealer claimed 11-12kmpl in city, but I doubt it.
7,66,000/- is a pretty decent OTR.Here in Trivandrum OTR comes around 7,94,800/- then there is a 20,000/- discount also .Then again 11000/- worth of accessories free.7,94,800 including extended warranty.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
7,66,000/- is a pretty decent OTR.Here in Trivandrum OTR comes around 7,94,800/- then there is a 20,000/- discount also .Then again 11000/- worth of accessories free.7,94,800 including extended warranty.
Yes the price is pretty enticing, and I'm really considering on choosing the 1.6, I'm only holding on cos I wanna take a look at the ANHC and also try a TD.
I also wonder what the mileage of the 1.6S is ? going through previous posts it seems to be around 10 - 12kmpl, if it gives a minimum of 10Kmpl, then it's not worth spending the extra money on the ANHC for a marginal gain in efficiency.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

The ANHC dealer here has given me the date for test drive start from 20 oct so it may start early as well. Dont rush and drive it once. You will get your decision!
IMO Fiesta makes more common sense in VFM.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

I own a Fiesta 1.6 sxi and the city mileage in Hyd hovers between 10.8 to 12, depending on density of traffic and AC usage.I'm sure the 1.6 S will give similar figures.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
if it gives a minimum of 10Kmpl, then it's not worth spending the extra money on the ANHC for a marginal gain in efficiency.

I think Fiesta does give min 10 km/l . Also i dont think mileage is the primary reason to buy a ANHC. Better design , roomier and better leg room and obviously i think the engine would be a cracker !

I agree with Harry Fiesta S is superb VFM.Jerry & Autoenthusiast i think you guys better wait for ANHC TD before jumping into Fiesta S. But it seems you both are almost sold on the Fiesta.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think Fiesta does give min 10 km/l . Also i dont think mileage is the primary reason to buy a ANHC. Better design , roomier and better leg room and obviously i think the engine would be a cracker !

I agree with Harry Fiesta S is superb VFM.Jerry & Autoenthusiast i think you guys better wait for ANHC TD before jumping into Fiesta S. But it seems you both are almost sold on the Fiesta.
I will wait for ANHC.I will decide only after i TD ANHC.It is for sure ANHC have more power.But i want to check the handling and stability and i know i dont wanna go for rally with that.Hopefully we can expect a TD report in TBhp by tomorrow.

Last edited by jerish666 : 6th October 2008 at 22:41.
Old 6th October 2008, 23:24   #23
BANNED

Jerry!
It's been some time, eh? The car purchase is yet to happen. My god!

Wait for the ANHC. Period.

Whatever the Fiesta may come with, it is also bringing 'just another Fiesta' image with it.
Definitely, it's a whole segment down from the ANHC in the image/brand recognition.
Old 6th October 2008, 23:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Resale wise , Honda Will be better.
Mileage wise it should be better.
Performance wise , it will be better.
Maintenance will be lower than Fiesta

I think in the long run it will be more VFM than the Fiesta

Also with USB and Aux In
I think no one needs a CD!
Old 9th October 2008, 13:07   #25
BHPian

@ abhinav waht will be the maintenance for fiesta?
Is it really expensive to maintain?
Old 9th October 2008, 13:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have heard it is.
The spare parts are relatively expensive.

Honda on the other hands does not demand much maintenance as in the cost of the spare parts are not like too much.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I have heard it is.
The spare parts are relatively expensive.

Honda on the other hands does not demand much maintenance as in the cost of the spare parts are not like too much.
Hello Abhinav, well I don't have a Fiesta but it's may be on the cards depending on the ANHC TD. I spoke with a friend who had a Fiesta and he mentioned that the maintenance and parts aren't costly anymore, I believe it was mainly the Ikon that was costly to maintain since most of the parts for the Ikon were imported. The fiesta parts are mainly manufactured in India and the cost is supposed to have come down. Makes sense, but since I haven't had to spend wouldn't be 100% sure, but definitely rest of the members who own a Fiesta can comment.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta is nice, but I found the suspension a bit harsh for our conditions - understandable as it has excellent handling.

Maintenance costs are also a Ford hallmark (they may have applied for a patent for this).

The question really is whether you want a car to throw around and enjoy or one that is more powerful, is troublefree. Remember once you get used to the car you can still throw it around - any car. Therefore the 'chuckability' advantage thins out after a period of time, which is when you start missing a more pliant suspension on our bad roads.
Old 9th October 2008, 14:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ Jerish - No its no longer costly to maintain. Got 2 fiesta's in the family and both the owners are very happy with the car and the service.
Old 9th October 2008, 14:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@ Jerish - No its no longer costly to maintain. Got 2 fiesta's in the family and both the owners are very happy with the car and the service.
I think there was a post somewhere in this forum about the running costs, maintainence costs comparing the Fiesta, Verna, Honda City and SX4. It showed that SX4 costs were cheapest and actually that had to visit the service bay more number of times. Thus making it to be costlier.
Fiesta was the second in list having less maintainence costs and service visits too being not much. Thus Fiesta ruled interms of ease of maintainence and costs wise too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks