Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
saw my black SXi today evening
the mere sight of it was a "wow" feeling..
my preliminary inspection didnt tell me anything was out of place..
but then am no Auto-Pro. so considering my anxiousness quotient till evening, i think it was OK!
will need to wait till tomorrow before the car is registered and delivered (hopefully).
will come back with pics....

by the way, i had to drop the idea of adding non-FORD alloys to SXi..
as per email from Ford, non OEM alloys will null the warranty.
the FORD OEM alloys looked really sad with just one option.
Since my dealer was not willing to give in writing that non-Ford brand alloys wont affect warranty, didnt have any option left.

but i still want the alloys and dont want to affect the warranty either. What to do?
Best way will be to collaborate with the service station where you will go for service to let you use the after market alloys.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:06   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Get the Ford alloys then!

I like the ones that come with the new ones (1.6 and 1.4 diesel.)

Jerry at last! Congrats!
I cant use the alloys which come with 1.6 s on Sxi since the diameter changes from 14" to 15" which again affects the warranty...
Dont mind buying OEMs.. but then the only available option @ dealer looks too bland!
Is dealer the only place to get the OEMs?
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:29   #78
BHPian

Quote:
I cant use the alloys which come with 1.6 s on Sxi since the diameter changes from 14" to 15" which again affects the warranty...
Dont mind buying OEMs.. but then the only available option @ dealer looks too bland!
Is dealer the only place to get the OEMs?
Thats strange, did you ask them ? They are Ford OEM alloys for the same model of car actually.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Thats strange, did you ask them ? They are Ford OEM alloys for the same model of car actually.
1.6 S alloys cant be used on 1.6 Sxi since the wheel diameters are diff (15" vs 14")
so obv that voids warranty. checked on that.
As for 14", there is only one option for Sxi and it looks damn boring!
Old 24th October 2008, 07:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
1.6 S alloys cant be used on 1.6 Sxi since the wheel diameters are diff (15" vs 14")
so obv that voids warranty. checked on that.
As for 14", there is only one option for Sxi and it looks damn boring!
You have to change both alloys (to 15") and the tyres - this is possible. When I checked, the Ford dealer was ready to do it, but was not ready to take back the stock alloys and tyres.
Old 24th October 2008, 10:06   #81
JRD
BHPian

guys a little off topic but i have a question for fiesta owners. Is it me or is the quality of the plastic in the interiors different in the S and Sxi? The sxi's plastic looks so much better. Is it because of the beige or something else. I would appreciate it if some S owners (Sathee, jerish soon) and some new sxi owners(with the beige interiors) would post an image of their door trims for side by side comparison.

I am buying a fiesta 1.6 S in December but i keep feeling that the S interiors are a bit lower quality (since its based off the exi) Please clarify this doubt
Old 24th October 2008, 13:56   #82
BHPian

Booked my Fiesta 1.6S !

Hello Everyone, just booked my Ford 1.6S today, the vehicle should take approximately 10 days to reach Pune.
Gives my time to also process my SBI loan till then.
Old 24th October 2008, 14:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Booked my Fiesta 1.6S !

Hello Everyone, just booked my Ford 1.6S today, the vehicle should take approximately 10 days to reach Pune.
Hey Glenn Congrats.Do you have any free accessories other than mat and scuf plates?
Old 24th October 2008, 14:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
guys a little off topic but i have a question for fiesta owners. Is it me or is the quality of the plastic in the interiors different in the S and Sxi? The sxi's plastic looks so much better. Is it because of the beige or something else. I would appreciate it if some S owners (Sathee, jerish soon) and some new sxi owners(with the beige interiors) would post an image of their door trims for side by side comparison.

I am buying a fiesta 1.6 S in December but i keep feeling that the S interiors are a bit lower quality (since its based off the exi) Please clarify this doubt
JRD, you will not understand the difference by owners posting pictures, instead you have to see for yourself and feel it (which I guess you already have) – I think you are right in your observation as I also felt the same. S has a great exterior, but the interior is a bit uninspiring, whereas it is other way round with the SXi. Ford guys have rather kept both priced at same level (small difference only) – it would have been great if they had a model with the best of both even if priced higher – I am sure that also would have takers.
Old 24th October 2008, 14:40   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Hey Glenn Congrats.Do you have any free accessories other than mat and scuf plates?
Hi Jerish, nope those were the only free accessories. They threw in a pretty good corporate discount on the ex-showroom price of the vehicle, so he on-road price works out pretty decent.
Vehicle comes to around 7,72,000/- onroad. If I put in my Insurance NCB, it's even lesser. A steal compared to the ANHC.
Old 24th October 2008, 14:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked my Fiesta 1.6S !

Congrats and waiting for you to get your hands on it now
Old 24th October 2008, 17:26   #87

Congrats

Hi Jerish, Congratulations on the choice and welcome to the gang of Fiesta S owners. I am getting mine this Sunday. I have opted for a panther black one. Cheers!
Old 24th October 2008, 18:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Hi Jerish, Congratulations on the choice and welcome to the gang of Fiesta S owners. I am getting mine this Sunday. I have opted for a panther black one. Cheers!
Same to you Sachu.I think including me 3 members are buying Fiesta,thats great.
Old 24th October 2008, 18:54   #89
BHPian

congratulations jerish and sachu, i myself am using ford fiesta 1.6 for the past 11 months and 10500kms, it is a pleasure to drive and i envy all you guys as at my time i did not have the option for the 1.6 s, or i would have opted for it.
i have posted the review of my car in the long term owmership reviews, do check it out.
Old 24th October 2008, 19:33   #90
BHPian

Congrats Sachu and Jerish. So what is the OTR you guys are paying in Pune and TVM respectively?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks