Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 19:55   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
congratulations jerish and sachu, i myself am using ford fiesta 1.6 for the past 11 months and 10500kms, it is a pleasure to drive and i envy all you guys as at my time i did not have the option for the 1.6 s, or i would have opted for it.
i have posted the review of my car in the long term owmership reviews, do check it out.
Thanks fidaford.I read your reviews.I hope in Trivandrum will get 11-12kml in the city.
Fida change your suspension so you can beat Fiesta S handling and buy a back spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Congrats Sachu and Jerish. So what is the OTR you guys are paying in Pune and TVM respectively?
Thanx anup.In Trivandrum OTR is 7,79,000 + 15000/-Rs worth of accessories free.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:14   #92
BHPian

Hmmmm, I spoke to the Ford dealer and he mentioned something about the Ford despatch department on Diwali vacations in the coming week and he feels my 1.6S will only reach Pune somewhere around 4th / 5th of November. I booked the aquarius colour. Seems like a long wait. Jeez.

Jerish, Sachu, What did the dealer say about your deliveries ? When are you getting your vehicles ? Also did your dealer say the same thing about the Ford factory despatch department being on leave ?
Old 24th October 2008, 20:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Hmmmm, I spoke to the Ford dealer and he mentioned something about the Ford despatch department on Diwali vacations in the coming week and he feels my 1.6S will only reach Pune somewhere around 4th / 5th of November. I booked the aquarius colour. Seems like a long wait. Jeez.

Jerish, Sachu, What did the dealer say about your deliveries ? When are you getting your vehicles ? Also did your dealer say the same thing about the Ford factory despatch department being on leave ?
Glenn same dates for me 4th or 5th.
They didnt mention nothing about factory despatch.OMG i will ask my executive.He told me they already despatched my car from the factory.I hope i will get on time.
Old 24th October 2008, 21:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Glenn same dates for me 4th or 5th.
They didnt mention nothing about factory despatch.OMG i will ask my executive.He told me they already despatched my car from the factory.I hope i will get on time.
Oh that's cool then Jerish, if your car is already despatched you will definitely get it soon. Maybe even before the 4th/5th of Nov since it takes a max of around 8 days after ordering. (Cheers)

And by the way, a week or two is definitely better than a wait of 6 - 8 weeks for some poor folks who booked the ANHC. I can't imagine how they must be waiting for the days to advance.

In my case, the dealer mentioned that the Ford Automobiles despatch department is closed in the coming week, so if my vehicle gets despatched tomorrow (a weak possibility) I'd get it soon, otherwise I guess it would get pushed much farther.

I guess we should open a thread dedicated to Fiesta 1.6 / Fiesta 1.6S owner experiences, as for the Fiesta 1.6S I can already count 4 of us now.
1. sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - anytime soon.
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 4th or 5th Nov
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 5th to 12th Nov (Counting the days and the minutes left )
Old 24th October 2008, 21:42   #95
Team-BHP Support

Hearty congrats to all you guys. A commendable decision.
So we can expect it to rain Fiestas' on TBHP come November.

Dont be stingy with the pics, guys.
Old 25th October 2008, 14:09   #96

Just One More Day!

Hi all, just another day to go for me to get my car. I went to the showroom Wednesday to take a look at it. It was just unloaded from the truck and was covered in dust. Ford guys say they will do the pre-delivery inspections, polish it up and give me some free accessories like floor mats etc. My OTR price was 7.67 lakh in Navi Mumbai. I saw 2 more S versions in the showroom, waiting to be delivered. But I haven't seen any on road in Mumbai yet! Will soon write an initial drive experience report. Cheers
Old 25th October 2008, 16:15   #97
BHPian

one tip...

Quote:

I guess we should open a thread dedicated to Fiesta 1.6 / Fiesta 1.6S owner experiences, as for the Fiesta 1.6S I can already count 4 of us now.
1. sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - anytime soon.
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 4th or 5th Nov
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 5th to 12th Nov (Counting the days and the minutes left )

Congrats guys! And good luck for an on time delivery and excellent experience.
Have a suggestion for you all. Ask your dealer to ensure that the car reaches the showroom before 4 in case u taking the delivery in evening. Insist that the car is not driven to the showroom during the heavy evening traffic on the day of delivery.

Just got my 1.6 Sxi (Panther Black) yesterday. had booked on 10th.
Unfortunately, despite all the precautions from my end ( e.g. a pre reg inspection), it got scratched while the dealer driver was driving it to showroom from workshop during the 7pm-8pm mumbai traffic!
Hope this painful experience does not repeat with anyone!
(have posted the experience in more detail on another thread)
Old 25th October 2008, 16:49   #98
BHPian

Guys, I'm glad I booked the Fiesta 1.6S. cheers:

Just returned from the Deccan Honda showroom after looking at the ANHC, I feel the car was a major let down. Well the looks of the vehicle on the outside were real nice, I liked the new shape of the car, but the interiors were a major let down. Just not the kind of interiors you would expect in a 10Lac car. Cheap cloth seats, hard plastic dash/door trim. Dash doesn't at all feel upmarket. I somehow feel that Honda could have done more with the interior quality and atleast thrown in mags/ACC/leather seats with the additional 1.8L premium they charge over the Fiesta. The existing package is just not VFM, but come to think of it, when have Honda packages been VFM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
Just got my 1.6 Sxi (Panther Black) yesterday. had booked on 10th.
Unfortunately, despite all the precautions from my end ( e.g. a pre reg inspection), it got scratched while the dealer driver was driving it to showroom from workshop during the 7pm-8pm mumbai traffic!
Hope this painful experience does not repeat with anyone!
(have posted the experience in more detail on another thread)
Libocta I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, this really sucks. Getting a brand new vehicle scrached before it gets delivered to you.
Was the scratch major ? I hope the Ford dealer does a good job of patching it up.
Old 25th October 2008, 22:10   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Libocta I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, this really sucks. Getting a brand new vehicle scrached before it gets delivered to you.
Was the scratch major ? I hope the Ford dealer does a good job of patching it up.
actually there were some 4-5 lines on the left fender... it looked as if someone had put strokes of white lines with a paint brush. Since there was no dent, i wont call it major. But it wasn't a minor, neglectable one either.

I guess the scratches on a Black car accentuated it more and the fact they were on a new car pinched in the heart a lot more than anything else.

Hoping for things to get better tomorrow...
Old 26th October 2008, 17:27   #100
BHPian

Got my SXi (again) :)

got the car today noon. The dealer folks have done a decent job on the scratch. one can not make out if there was a scratch earlier Feels much better now!

The pre-sales experience has been good so far with Ford (barring that one incident). Yesterday both the Sales mgr & sales consultant of SC Ford had come to my place to collect the car.
I guess they have done the needful to amend for the mistake on their part.
Overall its been a pleasant experience and now i look fwd to a great "Go Fida" experience.
Will post the pics soon.

Thanks to all those who helped me in this all important 'investment' cheers:
Old 26th October 2008, 21:05   #101
BHPian

The latest OverDrive mag was a lousy edition, ticked me off.
What's wrong with the OD team ? I'd have expected a comparison of SX4/ANHC/VERNA/FIESTA 1.6 or 1.6S and not just SX4/ANHC.

I wonder what's wrong with the OD team ? Makes me wonder if Maruti is paying them or giving them free cars ?
Old 26th October 2008, 21:56   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
got the car today noon. The dealer folks have done a decent job on the scratch. one can not make out if there was a scratch earlier Feels much better now!

The pre-sales experience has been good so far with Ford (barring that one incident). Yesterday both the Sales mgr & sales consultant of SC Ford had come to my place to collect the car.
I guess they have done the needful to amend for the mistake on their part.
Overall its been a pleasant experience and now i look fwd to a great "Go Fida" experience.
Will post the pics soon.

Thanks to all those who helped me in this all important 'investment' cheers:
Congrats on you new Fiesta.Anyway ford cleared everything before it delivered.Enjoy your ride.Post pictures an reviews.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:02   #103

New Car with Scratches

Hi Libocta and all, I got my Fiesta 1.6 S this Sunday after a wait of more than three weeks. Strange it may seem, but I too had a terrible experience like Libocta did. My panther black car too got scratched at the dealership! I had done all necessary checks before the registration, but on the day of the delivery, the driver at the dealer brushed it against something while unloading it from a lift. The left side of the rear bumper got some minor scratches.

I was dejected, furious and insisted I won't take the delivery unless the bumper is replaced. The scratches are visible only at close inspection, but still it is unacceptable in a brand new car. Finally the dealer gave it in writing that the bumper would be replaced after a week when they get the stock from Chennai.

Now I am actually wondering whether I would want to replace it for a minor scratch. The day was anyway spoiled and even the splendid drive of the car didn't cheer me up. I understand that the spare bumpers are painted at the dealer side and am not sure whether it will have the same quality as the original one. Will decide after checking the spare one. Will write a detail driving experience later. Cheers to all.
Old 28th October 2008, 15:08   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
................ My panther black car too got scratched at the dealership! I had done all necessary checks before the registration, but on the day of the delivery, the driver at the dealer brushed it against something while unloading it from a lift. The left side of the rear bumper got some minor scratches.
Sachu,
I can empathize with you man! i understand how you would have felt..
Which dealer was this? Mine was SC Ford (malad).
I somehow feel dealers need to be more careful with what they deliver..

Wrt new bumper: if the replacement will not be of same quality/make like original, i think u can reconsider not changing the bumper if that scratch is minor and can be patched up. Bumpers as it is have higher chances of being scratched.
Why dont u ask ur dealer to show u first what sort of patch up can he do on the scratch and then take a call on replacement?

My scratches seemed to have been removed after the job.
Old 28th October 2008, 20:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Hi Libocta and all, I got my Fiesta 1.6 S this Sunday after a wait of more than three weeks. Strange it may seem, but I too had a terrible experience like Libocta did. My panther black car too got scratched at the dealership! I had done all necessary checks before the registration, but on the day of the delivery, the driver at the dealer brushed it against something while unloading it from a lift. The left side of the rear bumper got some minor scratches.

I was dejected, furious and insisted I won't take the delivery unless the bumper is replaced. The scratches are visible only at close inspection, but still it is unacceptable in a brand new car. Finally the dealer gave it in writing that the bumper would be replaced after a week when they get the stock from Chennai.

Now I am actually wondering whether I would want to replace it for a minor scratch. The day was anyway spoiled and even the splendid drive of the car didn't cheer me up. I understand that the spare bumpers are painted at the dealer side and am not sure whether it will have the same quality as the original one. Will decide after checking the spare one. Will write a detail driving experience later. Cheers to all.
Congrats buddy.Hows your new ride?
If it is a minor scracth dont change it.Please post photos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks