Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2005, 19:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
My other car is a 1.6 zen. Thats my baby.. I drive that most of the times.

Do you mean a B-Zen???
Old 30th March 2005, 20:06   #17
BHPian

Yea if thats what you guys been calling it these days.. RJ the dealership said that it is made to order and the price hike is not known till now. They will officially announce it in april and even with the vat etc price will change.
Old 31st March 2005, 14:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
Btw did you know that CRDi is made to order. No ready stock. It takes about 25 days atleast before delivery.
Hahahah... thats probably their way of saying that supply cannot meet demand at the moment!

cya
R
Old 31st March 2005, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Btw did you know that CRDi is made to order. No ready stock. It takes about 25 days atleast before delivery.
Well kphilip had to wait for 3 months b4 his baby was delivered... But guess 25 days is not a lot of time..... It'l get over like that...
Old 31st March 2005, 16:28   #20
BHPian

hi, accent crdi is a good bet because it has good power and good mileage..Mileage my dad use to get is 16-17 with ac's on ..Only during the start of the car its noisy, othervise u cant differentiate whether its a petrol or a diesel car.The service for the car is also good..Then about the rear seats i agree, Its a lil crampy....The engine is very responsive and good torque too...I honestly like the car. We waited for almost 3 months for the delivery of it!!Thats another minus point..As vinsanity said we went in crdi for the drag race..we were like crusing in it..On the way back i dont think the car speedo came below 100..It took only took 7hours for us to come from blore to cochin, At this cruising speed( with a/c ) it gave a decent mileage of14...Far cheap in maintanance than Skoda i guess..Correct me if am wrong..
Old 31st March 2005, 16:44   #21
BHPian

very true kphilip.. I have also read about the engine.. And it is a good CRDi unit.
problem is delivery time..
i guess u have to compromise somehwere..
anyways

thanks
z
Old 31st March 2005, 16:59   #22
BHPian

This car is a car in demand..But why hyundai cant meet the demand??Is that engine comin from korea????I dont think the engine is manufactured here..what do u think Z-klasse??
Old 31st March 2005, 17:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip
This car is a car in demand..But why hyundai cant meet the demand??Is that engine comin from korea????I dont think the engine is manufactured here..what do u think Z-klasse??
I believe Hyundai sources the CRDi diesels from a US company called Detroit Diesel.

Bring on the Getz and Santro CRDi's, Hyundai! PLEASE!!
Old 31st March 2005, 19:16   #24
BHPian

Yes. The Engine is Detroit Diesel. They are Pioneers in the manufacturing of Diesel Engines. They develop Diesel engines for Mercedes Benz also.
Old 31st March 2005, 22:32   #25
BHPian

I have seen a detroit diesel office or something next to the bmw showroom on hosur road. Not sure what it is though. there is also a volvo office there. think its a workshop or something.

Hey kphilip 7 hours to cochin?

which route did you take? it takes 5 hours minimum for me to go to cochin form coimbatore???

Last edited by Harrie : 31st March 2005 at 22:34.
Old 1st April 2005, 01:03   #26
BHPian

The Accent CRDi is a good all rounder.I've had mine for around 2.5 years and I must say we're very satisfied with the car.It's mostly driven by my Dad (that's why it has clocked only 30K) around town.I often pick the Accent over my Tavera for short two-day trips.It's much faster and is more involving to drive.Even with my 100+ blasts,I've got 16-17kpl fuel consumption consistently,with a/c obviously.When the OE S322s wore out I went in for 185/70R13 Michelin Certis rubber.They've improved the handling dramatically along with the GLX alloys that I retro-fitted.I was planning to go in for 14",but then ride comfort would be compromised a bit and Dad was'nt too keen on that,so I relented.I've added a K&N replacement air filter for that extra kick.My car is serviced every 5000K,the cost coming to an average of Rs.3000.It's fast and a diesel,you can have your cake and eat it too!!It's no Skoda,but the price and maintenance is nowhere near either.Okay,I work for Hyundai....so my opinion may not be considered as unbiased by some,but that's my experience right there.Buy the CRDi.You'll definitely enjoy it.
Old 1st April 2005, 01:10   #27
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jasi,

Your S322's wore out before 30k kms? Really surprising since they are known just for their long life. No grip, no comfort, nothing. Pure unadulterated long life

Last edited by RJK : 1st April 2005 at 01:11. Reason: ispelling mishtake;)
Old 1st April 2005, 01:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your S322's wore out before 30k kms? Really surprising since they are known just for their long life.
Yup, they do last a while. 48000 kms in my case.

Shan2nu
Old 1st April 2005, 09:29   #29
BHPian

S322's are useless tires. I think one should go in for Michelin or Pirelli's. Pirelli's improve handling alot. I've never used Michelin though. Any problems with the CRDi such as suspension or clutch wearing? battery? Anything particularly wrong with the car in that aspect?
Old 1st April 2005, 10:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
I have seen a detroit diesel office or something next to the bmw showroom on hosur road. Not sure what it is though. there is also a volvo office there. think its a workshop or something.

Hey kphilip 7 hours to cochin?

which route did you take? it takes 5 hours minimum for me to go to cochin form coimbatore???

Hey, harrie, we toook the salem coimbatore route only..We started by 5.30 u can say, but we had a big dinner, wasted almost 1 and a half hour on dinner, Then by 7 we again started..By 2.30 early mornin we reached cochin....There was no stop in between as such...Traffic was almost nil at midnight and was exciting to drive..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks