Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 10:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

^ AT is available only L&K model.Its the top of the line DSG model.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:50   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Dear Friends - just an update here.
After much discussions, brainstorming, visits and revisits- have decided to go for a new Laura AT which by no means is scorcher in any sense, but overall does everything rightly and ticks all the boxes on the wish list except - power and perforamance as of now.

Thanks again.
Good choice, just get a Pete's remap on the Laura and watch her fly !!

Cheers.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:30   #48
BHPian

Thanks Akshay , eclipse and Navpreet- yeah AT is only in one trim L&K and cost approx 60-70K more than the L&K manual. There is along list of features and most importantly AT - which you can see even in my wish list for a SUV. Of course, I am stretching my budget to get it brand new and will have to wait for a few months to get Petes.
Any suggestions as to how can we dull the road noise- in the test drive car - it was too much- way beyond any other CRDi cars I have driven.
Old 18th November 2008, 10:57   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay , eclipse and Navpreet- yeah AT is only in one trim L&K and cost approx 60-70K more than the L&K manual. There is along list of features and most importantly AT - which you can see even in my wish list for a SUV. Of course, I am stretching my budget to get it brand new and will have to wait for a few months to get Petes.
Any suggestions as to how can we dull the road noise- in the test drive car - it was too much- way beyond any other CRDi cars I have driven.
one thing you could do is change the tyres to more comfort based ones like michelin mxv8s or yoko c-drives.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:21   #50
BHPian

Yes, please change those shoddy Bridgestone's that come with the Laura to Michelin MXV8's.

The ride and comfort will improve hugely.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:22   #51
evo
BHPian

congratulations! Which colour are you getting it in?
Old 18th November 2008, 14:47   #52
BHPian

hey congratulations! welcome to the Laura club
Old 19th November 2008, 16:46   #53
BHPian

Thanks EVo, extremeshock and eclipse- Color chosen is black- confirmed. Tyres- I will speak with the dealers for it- please, let me know how much should I pay for it in exchange for the OEM tyres on the delivery day for MXV8s.
Old 16th January 2009, 12:56   #54
BHPian

Glad like to inform you that I have picked up a silver Laura AT on 14th evening. colour was changed before allotment at the last minute as the sales guy convinced that though this color looks the best but maintenance may not be so easy.

We went to the godown and saw all the colors before allotment. Silver didnt look that bad either. Besides , we have a black Mhawk, White santro AT, had biege / real earth color Verna SX - so thought let it be silver.

Tyres OEM are continental sportcontact2 and hence not changed. Other options were Goodyear and Turanza( bridgestone).

Ultimately, neither I bought a used Superb nor an Accord. Nevertheless , both of these beauties are still something to look forward to when may be someday my bank statement is healthy again and some surplus to splurge. New Superb with CRDI engine from Passat will be on resale then and hopefully, 3.5 V6 from Honda with Variable Cylinder Management system would be available in used car market.

Last edited by shatrughna : 16th January 2009 at 13:00.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:09   #55
evo
BHPian

Brilliant! Congratulations! In case you havent already, please take the extended warranty if on offer. Cheers
Old 16th January 2009, 15:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Brilliant! Congratulations! In case you havent already, please take the extended warranty if on offer. Cheers
Hi EVO thanks.

They dont have extended warranty on offer but 3 years preventive maintenance package ( upto 50K) or 45000/- cash back in lieu of that. Catch is that it has to be serviced by specific dealer which seems a tough choice as I ll have to make sure that I am in this town for servicing and wondering what if I would be on GQ at that time. I still have a days time to convey my decision to them - whether PMS or 45000 cash back.

Additionally , they have increased the service interval to 10000 kms or 1 year ( Jetta is 15000 kms / 1 year).

I dont think I will be doing 50K kms in 3 years so cash seems a better option. what do you suggest- please.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:38   #57
BHPian

Hey Shatrughna, CONGRATS! Here's wishing you many miles of blissful driving ahead!cheers:
Old 17th January 2009, 12:29   #58
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Hi EVO thanks.

They dont have extended warranty on offer but 3 years preventive maintenance package ( upto 50K) or 45000/- cash back in lieu of that. Catch is that it has to be serviced by specific dealer which seems a tough choice as I ll have to make sure that I am in this town for servicing and wondering what if I would be on GQ at that time. I still have a days time to convey my decision to them - whether PMS or 45000 cash back.

Additionally , they have increased the service interval to 10000 kms or 1 year ( Jetta is 15000 kms / 1 year).

I dont think I will be doing 50K kms in 3 years so cash seems a better option. what do you suggest- please.
Aha, if you`ll not be driving so much, then the 45k cash back seems better. But just keep in mind that you have earmarked the 45k for maintenance so in case you do have to spend some of it, you`ll not feel weird since you already earmarked it! Incase you do not then you save 45k plus 3 yrs interest so its brilliant!

Anyways you`ll have the 2 year warranty so what you are looking at is basically 45 k for the third year.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks