Team-BHP - Used -Superb 2.5TDI or Accord V6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Used -Superb 2.5TDI or Accord V6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/47200-used-superb-2-5tdi-accord-v6.html)

Friends, off late I have been thinking of picking up a used 6 cylinder engine- read - powerful - car & I have been searching the classifieds on the internet as well as newspapers in the last two weeks.

Two things in the budget that appealed to me is V6 Accord and Superb TDI and the choice is pretty confusing as I am not too sure what appeals me more so here is sharing some thoughts for your help.

What- 6 cylinder- Accord - or, Superb TDI
Why - obviously have been bored with driving 3 & 4 cylinder engines.
why not- too costly to own, maintain, low on fuel efficiecy & both possibly phased out or will be soon. Accord V6 - 3 ltr is not available now and Skoda is disposing its stock at heavy discount and will soon be discontinued - replaced by a newer but less powerful model - I guess.

Why confused- have driven both - both AT tranny, both felt like supercharged boats albeit, Accord - a bit better but too thirsty, expect Accord to be cheaper to maintain comapred to Superb.

Superb is in diesel- though low on bhp but very high on torque, felt very strongly built, luxurious, comfy too and rich on safety features.

Prices-
Accord V6 - 2005 - approx 25000kms- expected price - approx. 10.5 lakhs, 2006 model - 20000 kms- 11.9 lakhs .

Superb-New- Elegance model- 22 lakhs and comfort - 20 lakhs approx with huge discounts offered but not interested as too costly.

Used- 2006 & 2007 models available in the range of 15 to 16 lakhs( top end model) - run in the range of 30000kms.

Please, suggest -
1. which is a better option out of the two with a perspective to keep for around 5 yrs- will be used largely on weekends/ tours to outstations. I ll driver it myself- so from this perspective as well as reliability.
2. which will be a more economical car to own, run & maintain overall.
3. Price - what should be the ideal price for 2006 models of each one.
4. have service centres of both the mfrs - near by.

Thanks in advance.

my boss has both superb and accord v6 although doesnt drive himself

His driver swears by the superb and says drive & handling is better than the merc as well (which my boss owns too). Accord handling is the worst, so no use having power on the tap with shoddy handling.

maintenance and resale value wise, accord would be a better buy.

superb will kill you in maintenance and spares as well as have poor resale. New model of superb to launch soon so second hand prices to drop further.

not sure about the price. you're bombay based. just call WIAA and ask them. they keep a roster of all prices of cars and depreciated values.

personally i would buy the superb. It's an underdog, but it performs brilliantly.

you can get used superb tdi which came fully loaded(top model). They have more features then the current elegance trim. Superb in black looks stunning and features matches e-class. Accord v6 is a wonderful car but the average will kill you. Superb has a better built, finishing, comfort and safety. Power again is not a problem. And INHO it has a better road presence too.

Guess Skoda is better than the Accord. The Honda 3.0 litre V6 appealed but am not sure of its current availability.

maintenance would surely kill you in the long run if you go for the superb. Honda would no doubt be much cheaper and convenient to maintain but yep the mileage is again a killer here. But that'll be balanced by skoda's much expensive maintenance.

AFAIK none would have their warranties up and running now so keeping that in mind i'd tilt towards the accord.

and personally i feel honda would anyday be more reliable than a superb.

I would go with what gaurav (beanstalk) is saying.

Honda maybe give you lower FE but it will be balanced by the high maintenance of the skoda

Also
you can take extended warranty on the Honda while nothing such is there on the Skoda.

Make your move.

The Superb is one automatic i'd love to drive over and over again, that thing is addictive, and the most convincing Skoda for me, mostly for the cabin space and the motor.
But, keeping in mind that you intend to keep the car for a period of five years, nothing from the Skoda camp can match the reliability attributes of the Accord.
If your daily running is this side of 40 odd kms, i would go for the Accord, if it was higher, say 60-70 kms a day, i would get the Accord only if i would intend to keep it for a period over two-three years.

Also, lookout for better deals on both, you should managae a well kept 2005 Accord V6 in the 9-9.5L range, the superb i am not very sure about.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 1028072)
Also, lookout for better deals on both, you should managae a well kept 2005 Accord V6 in the 9-9.5L range, the superb i am not very sure about.

Check the classified section. Someone is selling a 2005 black honda accord V6, used around 24000kms for 11.5lacs.

Aha, you are in a good place, choosing between two cars that have always appealed to me!

In Kolkata, the accord V6 2004 is available for 7.5 l. In last weeks classifieds there was a 2007 august black v6 and he`s quoting 10l. Still under warranty etc.

If you really want to make one of these cars handle, you could buy the accord and change the suspension.

I own both a city and an octavia, and no prizes for guessing whos way better in terms of service!

Buying a new superb with whatever discounts may not be a good idea, as the discount will never compensate for the fall in value (used).

If you are lucky you can get both a used V6 and a petrol superb for the 22 l that you are saying a new one comes for!

btw, check out this thread, its from the time both cars were launched:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1027978

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo (Post 1028115)

In Kolkata, the accord V6 2004 is available for 7.5 l. In last weeks classifieds there was a 2007 august black v6 and he`s quoting 10l. Still under warranty etc.

That's an awesome deal. Are they still available? can you PM details?

BTW, did the V6 come with traction control?

Go for 2006 Honda If you have to Bargain with owner for a lesser price.
Skoda Superb will be a nice car but then, It doesnt appeal to me for the cost it comes with KMS on ODO and resale value. Better stick to Accord, If money at your place doesnt grow on tree's too.[:p]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1028142)
That's an awesome deal. Are they still available? can you PM details?

BTW, did the V6 come with traction control?

I dunno if the V6 had tcs,
about the chaps number, I`m not sure, I`ll have to go look in my purana paper ka thak!

Running costs and Features should make the case for the Skoda even stronger.

Plus, it has loads of features missing in the Jap's case, high speed stability (which isn't the Accord's strongest point) , and IMO it looks way more elegant. Spares part prices will kill you, but i don't think i'd be wrong in saying that Skoda's are pretty reliable (save a few electronic issues).

I'd vote for the German.

SUperb AT drive is amazing. The way torque behaves gives you such a kick. Accord is good but i will rate Superb better to drive. But A.S.S and spare parts for Superb will be a negative! Likewise Accords mileage is a killer.