Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
He will drive solo Benny. Don't think he will appreciate the rear seat comfort of the Ikon.
Point taken, Eddy.

i reiterate my point about test driving the cars shortlisted.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:18   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

i reiterate my point about test driving the cars shortlisted.
I will certainly TD both, the Accent and the Ikon, before finalizing my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
by costs if you mean maintenance and upkeep, you have nothing to worry about
Oops..should have phrased my query better!

What I'd like to know is the duration of initial warranty as well as the duration and cost of the extended warranty, with both, Hyundai and Ford.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2008 at 17:20.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:37   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You are driving it yourself and thus, the Accent is better of the two. The Indigo scores on rear seat + comfort, but I don't think too much of Tatas petrol engines.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:56   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't think too much of Tatas petrol engines.
This seems to be a popular opinion on the forum
Since a petrol sedan is what I'm looking for, the Indigo's out.

I'll wait a month for the face lifted Ford Ikon, TD her along with the Accent, and make my decision.
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Accent is very good car with nice interiors and VFM. If you prefer, it also has the CNG option.infact you can save your fuel bills too.

@ Ikon:think twice as far as *** are concerned.

Forget indigo that too petrol version.
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:17   #36
Team-BHP Support

You may also want to look at this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...kes-sense.html
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:19   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Ikon:think twice as far as *** are concerned.
From what I've heard, Ford's After Sales has improved considerably over time, but if one were to compare it with Hyundai, the latter win's hands down!
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
From what I've heard, Ford's After Sales has improved considerably over time, but if one were to compare it with Hyundai, the latter win's hands down!
even if the A*S*S has improved, i dont think the costs have come down.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
even if the A*S*S has improved, i dont think the costs have come down.
. With Hyundai A.S.S, i experience the service advisors actually telling me in more than 4-5 instances not to change a certain major part confirming that it will last for more kms. One e.g

I am running over 32k kms and my brake pads are still stock and advised over the last couple of services "not to change" as they are in good condition

which other A.S.S would hit an axe on their own leg?
Old 28th December 2008, 22:59   #40
g4n

Tata Indigo Petrol Is Total Junk

I'll just narrate my experience with the Tata Indigo GLS. I had purchased a Tata Indigo GLS in August 2005. Since the purchase, I have faced numerous problems with the vehicle, despite having followed all instructions regarding running-in and periodic servicing.
Within the first 500 kms of driving, the car started experiencing poor acceleration. On investigation, one of the ignition leads was found to be short-circuiting. This was temporarily rectified by wrapping it with insulation tape, and subsequent replacement with a new set of leads.
Within 1000 kms, the car developed a severe problem in acceleration and pick-up, in that the engine responded to accelerator inputs in an extremely rough and jerky manner. I was at Allahabad at the time, and the authorized service station at Phaphamau was unable to diagnose the problem despite several trial and error methods. Ultimately, a trusted street mechanic correctly identified a defective Lambda sensor as the cause of the problem. By this time, the car had run about 1100 kms and the muffler assembly had started showing signs of rust and rot. Still in the warranty period, the lambda sensor and muffler was changed.
Subsequent to this repair, the problem in acceleration reduced but was not completely eliminated; even now the car’s acceleration is nowhere near smooth. I have completed almost three years of possession of the said vehicle, and in the meantime the silencer has been replaced two more times. The fuel pump was replaced in March 2008 because of a broken outlet joint. The ignition leads had to be replaced again in April 2008. The fuel gauge is erratic in its readings and shows a zero reading even with about 20 litres of fuel in the tank. No service station or workshop that I have contacted has been able to identify the problem.
I feel that the above mentioned problems indicate a bad product and poor quality control. These problems have not only caused unnecessary expenditure( close to about 50K), but also a huge waste of my time in frequent visits to service centers and mechanics.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th December 2008 at 00:56. Reason: Removed Size & font tags as they are not supported by Forum software
Old 29th December 2008, 07:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

You should be thinking of a DZIRE mate. It comes for 5,40,000 on road in Bangalore. Its a modern awesome car and has a huge demand in the market for its diesel variant
Old 29th December 2008, 13:41   #42
BHPian

I can't coment on other details, but I have driven Ikon and Ascent; and I found Ikon better as a driver's car. Ford service is an issue though.
Old 29th December 2008, 23:47   #43
BHPian

I've driven an Indigo extensively, and I could tell you one thing: Don't opt for it.
Refinement wise, it's generations behind other cars. You can think about Indigo though if you want it to be chauffeur driven... the rear leg room is pretty good.

Accent should be a much better option between the two. I'm not sure about Ford, but you could look at DZire if you can live with its looks. Between the options, I'd choose Accent anyday. It's a complete no-nonsense and a proper car, and shouldn't give you much of headaches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks