Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 12:16   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
60K is not a great discount in this scenario. Come December, they will be even more desperate to sell old stock.

I was thinking you will end up in a price differenceof 1L+ which is not there. So do not even consider old model.
Discounts have already touched 1L+. Negotiate harder. Try out multiple dealers. Not all dealers will have large stocks. For e.g. one dealer has just opened shop here in Mumbai and they are just not interested in talking about NHC.

Well Nandi, finally my advice to you is to go for what you feel is better for you. A few pointers to help you in that decision making:
  1. Will you actually sell in 2-2.5 years? The longer you hold your car the lower will be the delta between the resale value of the NHC and the ANC. If you want to sell-off in 2.5 years, my reco would be go for the ANC.
  2. What matters more to you - External looks (ANC scores heavily) or internal refinement (NHC scores)? On safety I would say it is even stevens with the only difference that NHC has all four disc brakes.
  3. A proven car or a car with potential
    • I understand this is thin ground; but all said and done the NHC has gone through its development life cycle and the ANC is still in its infancy. To illustrate - as per Vivekji's excellent review of the ANC, the pre-prodn version had some problem with the ABS. Nothing earth shattering am sure, but still indicative to some extent.
  4. Would you want to spend money on accessories or would you prefer everything built in? The NHC VTEC Plus is fully loaded in terms of everything, but am sure ANC will keep coming up with upgrades every 6-9 months.
  5. Finally a quick valuation from Carwale.com (do not know how reliable these guys are)
    • A hypothetical June 2003, OHC VTEC, with 50K on the odo, is supposed to be valued at INR 376,700 if maintained in good condition
    • A hypothetical Dec 2003, NHC GXI (do not think the VTEC was launched then), with 45K on the odo, is supposed to be valued at INR 412,700 if maintained in good condition
    • This is not apples-apples comparision, but IMHO, it reinforces point 1 above.
Hope this helps. All the best. And keep us updated.
Old 28th October 2008, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Get the ANC. If you can wait till Jan/Feb, you'll have a double advantage. You would have got actual on the road reviews of the car. Second you would pick up a 2009 manufactured model which will obviously get you a better price when you resell.

Most Viewed