Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 03:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

What's the best used car search website?

Hello Everybody
I'd like to know how to go about looking for a good used car specifically in the Bangalore/Chennai area. I'd like to search for a car on a website and then zero on on a car and then go look at it.

I tried googling for some websites and quite a few came up...but to be frank the websites are terrible. I put a search and it shows me incomplete details of one car in
Gujrat and one in Kerala and so on and so forth. I see no pictures, wrong engine specs (I don't need it but still),
Another website is trying to sell real-estate and cars side by side. Looks like they will sell whatever they can for a commission.

As you know the traffic situation in Bangalore is terrible and it is not possible to run around from dealer to dealer looking at cars all day.
Old 4th November 2008, 04:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mpower - Check out New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com
It is the only professional looking website I have come across but I haven't used it as yet.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:11   #3
BHPian

Carwale.com is good, also check out carazoo.com
Old 4th November 2008, 13:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Carwale.com is really good.
You can also try
  • indiaautomobiles.com
  • cartradeindia.com
  • indiacar.com/usedcars
  • craigslist
Old 4th November 2008, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Maybe carwale.com is good to check for the approximate prices. I have seen most of the dealers advertise in the used car section. So how are they different from the regular dealers in terms of an honest selling.

IMHO, it's better to buy a used car from the owner itself. I'm sure local newspapers would be advertising used car sales, especially on sundays.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

MPower, i would personally opt for Carwale. My manager sold his Optra through carwale, and got a decent price on it as well. He didnt seem to have any complaints about the whole process.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:54   #7
BHPian

Mpower, look up the Times Auto supplements (if available in Bangalore). They always carry the most interesting cars.
Old 5th November 2008, 00:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Also try Carazoo.com
Old 5th November 2008, 18:59   #9
Team-BHP Support

Cross-linking from another similar thread. (Click the arrow in the quote to visit that thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis View Post
I have visited carsalesindia, bharathautomobiles, indiadrive, autoindia, carwale, indiacar, jmdcars, popularcarworld, domain-b's auto section and few others.

jmdcars, popularcarworld, domain-b etc have very small domain. indiadrive seems obsolete. carsalesindia, bharatautomobiles are pure classified sites. indiacar, carwale and autoindia are in the battle-field. autoindia too, is more of a classified site.
cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks