Team-BHP - It was all so clear!! but... C Segment or D segment
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   It was all so clear!! but... C Segment or D segment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/48489-all-so-clear-but-c-segment-d-segment.html)

Hey guys,

So till 2PM i was very clear in my mind about what car i am getting for myself in december. I was fighting between a fiesta and anhc and honda civic. Ya i know what i weird comparo! 8L to 13L. But i had my reasons. I later excluded the civic as i personally feel it is overpriced and i already have a first gen corolla so a D segment car was not needed. Hence after days of research (TBHP nd ACI thanks), I set my mind on the fiesta petrol. It fitted by budget, feels very solid, meets all my requirements and i really like it.

But at 2PM i get a call from my elder brother telling me that our toyota dealer called him up and informed him that they have a corolla E (not altis the previous gen-the one i already own) priced at a juicy 8.5L. So there goes all my calculations and thinking.!

So this corolla E is the same model i have plus it comes equipped with ABS,MP3 capable player, new alloy wheel design etc which my car doesnt have and is priced at 8.5L (Thats just 15k more then the fiesta sxi).

The first thing that came to my mind is that no its a previous gen model and i already have a corolla so why? But then again it is superior in a lot of other ways - size(its a d segment car), it has a bigger engine, equally effient, more power ful etc etc. I can vouch for the corolla its pretty solidly built and is a fantastic car.

So my question is A Corolla (not altis) or A Fiesta Sxi. Please throw some light on this so i can decide.

I would go for the Corolla. Just make sure its not one of the TD vehicles.

the corolla seems to be pre-owned. if yes, how old is it and how many kilometers has it run? are you sure its not an accident vehicle?

if its a fairly new, well maintained car and you prefer D-segment, then 8.5L seems to be a steal.

personally i dont have a great opinion of Ford, pre and post sales, so you can never see me recommending a Ford.

If you want a new car in that range, why dont you try out the new City? its said to have D-Segment features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD (Post 1040108)
Hey guys,

But at 2PM i get a call from my elder brother telling me that our toyota dealer called him up and informed him that they have a corolla E (not altis the previous gen-the one i already own) priced at a juicy 8.5L. So there goes all my calculations and thinking.!

So this corolla E is the same model i have plus it comes equipped with ABS,MP3 capable player, new alloy wheel design etc which my car doesnt have and is priced at 8.5L (Thats just 15k more then the fiesta sxi).

Is 8.5 the exshowroom price or onroad price.Even I have purchased a brand new Corolla Executive ( badged as 1.8J,1.8 E is a higher model ) in april this year at 8.14 ex showroom.It does not have a MP3 and Alloy wheels,but it does have ABS and tubeless tyres.
If you are planning to sell your existing corolla,then you might opt for this deal,else why buy a same car (which is also phased out).Why dont you try for NHC as the same story is happening there if not the fiesta.Also look at the just launched honda city

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1040127)
the corolla seems to be pre-owned. if yes, how old is it and how many kilometers has it run? are you sure its not an accident vehicle?

It seems like a unsold stock of the Old Corolla At the dealer to me! Correct me if im wrong JRD! Well it all depends on you whether you are ok with 2 Corolla s in the family ( inspite of mouth watering price). If you have no issue then you can opt for the Corolla itself.

If it is a used car, 8.5L is pretty high. If it is new, then it is a steal, go ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1040127)
If you want a new car in that range, why dont you try out the new City? its said to have D-Segment features.

Obviously, you havent read his entire post. The ANHC was already considered, before it was rejected over the Fiesta. Why then bring it up again?!

Between the Corolla and the Fiesta, i would say the Corolla, making sure of :
* Its a first-hand car
* You know this is a higher segment, and hence higher spare costs (but you know better already owning one)
* The Fiesta is more fun to drive against the Corolla which is more tuned towards comfort.

Like the others have said, if you are certain the Corolla is brand new, and not a used, or TD vehicle, go get it!!
It is more spacious, reliable, plush and fuel efficient than the fiesta, and will mostly hold its value slightly better than the fiesta too.

manson.

Since (and ONLY since) you have a Corolla already, I will recommend the Fiesta to you. Believe me, it is a heck of a drive and the enthusiasts primary choice from the segment. Your existing Corolla will take care of your head.....but the Fiesta will pull your hearts strings on an outstation drive.

If its not a used one , its a good deal.

Get it checked by a mechanic for any faults or usage information .

Though i dont suspect it , because even i got a brand new vRs for a discount of around 1.25lakhs + free accessories.

Must be a stock clearance offer.
But do check the car before making any deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1040430)
If its not a used one , its a good deal.

Get it checked by a mechanic for any faults or usage information .

Though i dont suspect it , because even i got a brand new vRs for a discount of around 1.25lakhs + free accessories.

Must be a stock clearance offer.
But do check the car before making any deal.

I think it would be best for you to sell your old Corolla, get the new Corolla @ 8.5 and also with the money you get from selling the old Corolla and some of your own, get the Fiesta as well. This way you will have both the cars and both of them new!cheers:

My guess on reading the post is this is the second car. If so please lay down clearly what you are looking for in this car. Do not go for the Corolla just because it is D segment.

You have already tried the Fiesta. How does that compare with the Corrola in terms of your drive experience. Usage requirements etc. and then decide.

The Corolla price is good as long it is new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovefls (Post 1040564)
I think it would be best for you to sell your old Corolla, get the new Corolla @ 8.5 and also with the money you get from selling the old Corolla and some of your own, get the Fiesta as well. This way you will have both the cars and both of them new!cheers:

Trust Team-BHP to add to the confusion!!! Read the disclaimers before you post a thread asking for advice ;)

Personally, I would go with the Fiesta for the same reasons that GTO had posted above. The fiesta 1.6 also has excellent mod potential if you are into it.

Thanks a lot guys for the responses, really paints a better picture
okay so here are some answers:
1. @ inder, CAD, esteemlover, benbsb: It is infact brand new (Unsold stock) and an E model i.e H2 version with all the goodies except leather.
2. Come to think of it I really dont mind having 2 corolla's in the family, this is going to be my daily drive primarily because my elder bro has been eyeing my existing corolla for years now and has pretty much clocked 80% of the kms on it since i was in the US from 03-08.
3. I have emailed the CEO of the dealership to get the exact OTR with maximum discounts. If it falls in the bracket of 8.5 to 9L OTR i think i'll go for it. I will definitely go and drive the fiesta 1.6 one last time to make sure before taking the deal and also let the ford dealer know about the situation so he'll pump up the discount on the fiesta as well (FYI i'm being offered 40kcash discount on it already :D).

So thanks again guys; it really helps. I'll wait for the final OTR on the corolla, then drive the fiesta 1.6 (ask for discounts), keep my existing corolla and will be happy for the next 5 years.
I'll keep you guys updated! meanwhile a little spark of joy is expected at lunch.

My opinion is go for the Fiesta S instead if Sxi and Old shaped Corola. It is fully loaded and a steel at that price point. But if you want to stay in D segment TD the Mitsubishi Cedia which is running a huge discount of around Rs.75000 on ALPG version in Delhi. The on Road price coated to me is 9.09 lacs on road Delhi. And advantage of company fitted LPG kit is a great consideration.