Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 14:18   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post

hi Airwind

I would appreciate if you could put some more light on how Fiat Maruti contract for engines would be effected if GM goes bankrupt?

Thanks

Amit
It was thru GM that Suzuki had access to a wide range of Fiat MJD engines (GM used to hold/still holds stake in Fiat/Suzuki), GM previously spun off its entire holdings in Fiat (a year or 2 back) and is now planning to off load its entire holding in Suzuki.

I'm guessing that would leave Fiat and Suzuki to decide on their partnership future! Given 1.3MJD doing duty in Palio, Linea, GP & Vista, what would prompt Fiat (or Tata) to oblige to a defunct relationship and jeopardize their Indian market ops?
Old 20th November 2008, 19:25   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
sorry guys for the late reply, my uncle had sold off his Aveo due to the foll. reasons

a. His friend was in the market for a mid-sizer, the Aveo was maintained really well and the 5 lac + offer was pretty tempting since he was always a bit scared about the resale value.

b. A sub-par service experience with Sundaram Motors, Chennai - I think a part took close to a couple of weeks to arrive and he wasn't too amused.

c. His son wanted something sportier

Incidentally, he bought the SX4 ZXi after selling off the Aveo and then a Swift VDi. The SX4 usually lies in the garage - to me, it didn't make a sensible upgrade from the Aveo.
Thanks. All in all, nothing is wrong with the car then. I know people who have bought car just because of the driving position comfort alone, hence you really never can possibly predict why one goes for a specific car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks