Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 16:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
Ikon - "old lady with a new set of false teeth" + high cost of maintainance
Logan - "New wine in new bottle" + "first class" cabin space
I enjoy the Logan drive from BIAL Airport to city every time I come to Bengalooru
My recommendation - go for the Logan
you based your opinion based on the Logan taxi. I own an Ikon Flair 1.3 and i use Cabs to reach BIAL (needless to say they operate Logan).

My observation is exactly opposite to your comments. Ikon is the sporty car to drive and many tour operators still use Ikon in their fleet. Where as the first 5 minutes i sat in the Logan (Easy Cabs) i was impressed. It has got same quality interiors of the new Ikon and thought Logan might be a real competitor for Ikon in the entry level segment. All those things vanished in 5 minutes when i heard the "creecking sounds" coming from doors and body panels of the car. The ride is bumpy & uncomfortable.

Tell you what, even my MM540 Jeep (22 year old) doesnt make such loud creecking noises that i heard in Logan.

I thought i shouldnt base my opinion of Logan based on my experiences in few badly maintained (all though very new) Logans operated as cabs. Now i am compelled to state my observation as well.

Calling Ford Ikon expensive to maintain is one bad gossip doing rounds on this forum. I own Ikon for almost an year and i didnt face any big problems with this car.

Cheers!
-Vaspro
Old 7th November 2008, 16:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Surely TDci engine is peppy if you used to roam only in city limit.
But in the Highway it shows it's inability.
I drove Fiesta TDci for more than 300 kms.I never find any probelm in Highway driving.
But have to think once before overtaking while you are in 100+ kmph.
you can easily touch 140 ,further will take a lot of time.
Here the Verna Crdi engine scores.It's a devil in highway.
However you push, it's eager to go and i reached alomst 183kmph in my Brother's Verna Crdi Sx ABS and have some more power in her.
I love driving verna in Highway.But for city is not as good as Fiesta.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post

Calling Ford Ikon expensive to maintain is one bad gossip doing rounds on this forum. I own Ikon for almost an year and i didnt face any big problems with this car.

Cheers!
-Vaspro
Exactly, I hate this High maintenance ford gossip. I have owned my Fiesta for 20 months now and I just get it serviced once in 6 months for Rs 2141. Not a penny here and there. What is so expensive about Ford Maintenance. All are the same. Its just that it has better quality parts that rattling Maruti's and they are ofcourse expensive since they are better. Simple. God when will Indian drivers get out of "maintenance mehenga hai" thing.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:55   #34
tez
BHPian

guys, i feel comparing fiesta's 68bhp to 110bhp of verna is not correct. Any car with 70bhp power will find it difficult to go beyond 140. And i wont be allowed to drive at that speeds with wife alongside. The general belief is leaning towards ford ikon tdci but the only thing troubling me is the A.S.S of ford. Spares i feel would be less costly as of now (not comparing with prices of maruti spares).

Last edited by tez : 7th November 2008 at 16:56.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:06   #35
BHPian

Folks, stick to discussion on Ikon TDCI vs Logan and not on the top speed of the Ikon1.3! The top speed is only of academic interest and should not be of any serious consideration while making a decision. Both Ikon and Logan entry level sedans with limited safety features, lacks ABS and for practical purposes not driven to such high speeds. Verana is again not a car to compare. So let the discussion not go OT please.

Last edited by Path_Finder : 7th November 2008 at 17:08.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Folks, stick to discussion on Ikon TDCI vs Logan and not on the top speed of the Ikon1.3! The top speed is only of academic interest and should not be of any serious consideration while making a decision. Both Ikon and Logan entry level sedans with limited safety features, lacks ABS and for practical purposes not driven to such high speeds. Verana is again not a car to compare. So let the discussion not go OT please.
I agree Path_Finder
Old 7th November 2008, 22:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

today i was reading DNA economic times news paper and saw a news on front page that Mahindra and Renault are breaking up and the much awaited 7 seater logan is cancelled.

this will surely be a bad bang on logan owners.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:50   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
oss : What's wrong with Accent CRDi ??
It is not available any more. You can only get the Accent Exec.
Old 8th November 2008, 00:13   #39
BHPian

Ikon TDCi all the way! Its a vfm car. Rest has already been discussed in this thread. Coming to Ford service i dont think it is a concern. It is expensive than Maruti but not too much. Also look at the quality you are getting. Anyday better than Maruti.
Old 8th November 2008, 00:26   #40
Team-BHP Support

The problem with Ford's A.S.S. is three fold:

- Lesser number of service stations. Limited choice to the customer with the service stations having the upper hand. In fact, out of the five or six Ford A.S.S in NCR, three are owned by the same ppl (Harpreet Ford)

- Costly spares.

- Ford's attitude of replacing rather than repairing faulty parts, which in combination with the above point makes their cars expensive to maintain.
Old 8th November 2008, 02:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

I agree! The Ford and yes it has good space and it is ergonomically designed for the passengers.(except for the location of the power windows, which takes some getting used to. all said and done, the logan looks ugly. and the interiors are boring. I'm missing electronically adjustable ORVm's as it is very hard to adjust the left orvm with that joystick sitting in the passenger seat. and if you go the right places you get parts at half the price that it is available for in the ford ***, but you would have to take it to a local mechanic who knows the job.

Last edited by govigov : 8th November 2008 at 02:58. Reason: spell check
Old 8th November 2008, 08:09   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
govigov : .. all said and done, the logan looks ugly. and the interiors are boring.
I would add 'cheap' to that. The interiors are such a put-off - the door panels, the door handles, the air-con vents ..

But move over to the boot, and the Logan will score over the Ikon there. Theres' so many nooks & crannies to store stuff. Ford Ikon TDCI or Logan-loganboot1.jpg

And cables etc are so easily accessible & hence easily serviceable.
Ford Ikon TDCI or Logan-loganboot2.jpg

Not that Ikon is way tooo bad on these points. Ford has just covered the same areas with a carpet !!
Old 8th November 2008, 09:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And cables etc are so easily accessible & hence easily serviceable.
But won't the luggage that we keep inside the boot can damage the exposed wires?
Old 8th November 2008, 12:16   #44
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It is not available any more. You can only get the Accent Exec.
That's alright; CRDi engines are still around.

Any issues with the Hyundai CRDi engines as such?
Old 8th November 2008, 18:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's alright; CRDi engines are still around.

Any issues with the Hyundai CRDi engines as such?

The Accent VIVA CRDi & the ACCENT CRDi are no longer available from the showroom. What a pity !! It was a competent engine & a good performer.

Between what is available today I think the IKON TDCi is "THE ONE" to buy. Or wait for the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi ( wait + increase in budget + uncertain date of launch)

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks