Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 18:47   #46
BHPian

Hi, greetings for the season, I think you should go for boot opening kit. It is very useful. Better to buy extra fittings form show room only rather than local market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
c. I think they quoted 6K for the remote boot release kit. Is it recommended?
hi, go for FORD. On long run it is beneficial. Good products, light on your purse. Good network of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Greetings everyone,

I am looking to get an entry level sedan, and the only two vehicles that come to mind are the Accent and the Ikon. So, I took a TD on both. Now, I am not the best when it comes to writing detailed reviews on my TD experiences; however, here are a few things that I gathered.
----
I'd appreciate some solid, concrete advice and reasons why I should opt for one over the other.

Fire away!
Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Avoid Quoting the complete post for a one liner reply, quote only the relevant part please.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th December 2008 at 19:10. Reason: back to back post and quoting long posts in complete
Old 30th December 2008, 20:39   #47
BHPian

Here in Pune Accent is quoted at 5.55L.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:09   #48
BHPian

I have a few questions if I may.

1. I read in a review comparing the fiesta and the city which said something like "even though the new city has 118 bhp on paper, most of the power are on the high revs and the engine does not like to be revved much. on the other hand, the fiesta had linear power delivery, loved to be revved and was much more responsive." Is the accent here comparable to the city and the ikon 1.3 rocam to the fiesta? As in, even though the ikon has 25 bhp less, it has a response and acceleration better than the accent?

2. How are both vehicles' comfortable cruising speed around 120 kmph and they can do 130-140 kmph easily when there is a marked difference of about 25 bhp on paper between the accent and the ikon?

3. What is the problem with the brake people are talking about on reviews all over the net? Is that still there in the present face lifted ikon 1.3 or 1.4 tdci?

4. Are there such things as aftermarket sound dampers? Noise and vibrations seem to be the biggest negative points on all the reviews for the ikon 1.4 tdci. Is there a possibility of one of them (noise) being controlled with aftermarket fitments?

Thanks again!
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
I have a few questions if I may.

1. I read in a review comparing the fiesta and the city which said something like "even though the new city has 118 bhp on paper, most of the power are on the high revs and the engine does not like to be revved much. on the other hand, the fiesta had linear power delivery, loved to be revved and was much more responsive." Is the accent here comparable to the city and the ikon 1.3 rocam to the fiesta?

1a ) As in, even though the ikon has 25 bhp less, it has a response and acceleration better than the accent?

2. How are both vehicles comfortably cruise at speeds around 120 kmph and they can do 130-140 kmph easily when there is a marked difference of about 25 bhp on paper between the accent and the ikon?

3. What is the problem with the brake people are talking about on reviews all over the net? Is that still there in the present face lifted ikon 1.3 or 1.4 tdci?

4. Are there such things as aftermarket sound dampers? Noise and vibrations seem to be the biggest negative points on all the reviews for the ikon 1.4 tdci. Is there a possibility of one of them (noise) being controlled with aftermarket fitments?
1) No. Wrong comparison. Accent cannot be compared to City and 1.3 ROCAM cannot be compared to Fiesta. The motors from City and Fiesta are generation ahead than Accent " Alpha " and 1.3 Rocam.

1a) The Accent has better acceleration and top speed than Ikon. The in-gear acceleration i.e. 20-80 kmph in third gear in Accent is faster than Ikon 1.3 and 40-100kmph in fourth gear is again faster in Accent.
Response is good in Ikon.

2) Yes both the cars can comfortably cruise at 135-140 kmph. The real difference will be after 145-150 kmph where the Accent with more powerful motor will be ahead. But then again these cars are not made for such high speeds. In reality this wont matter much if you are not a very spirited driver. And also Ikon has better FE.

3) Not sure, but if IIRC, none of the IKON has ABS or Airbags. Accent does have ABS ( not very sure ).

4) Yes this is possible. IIRC, there are some sound deadening material available. But I am not having much experience of being in market for this.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd January 2009 at 15:30.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) No. Wrong comparison. Accent cannot be compared to City and 1.3 ROCAM cannot be compared to Fiesta. The motors from City and Fiesta are generation ahead than Accent " Alpha " and 1.3 Rocam.
Oh no, I meant if the difference between the accent's engine and the ikon's engine is similar to the above mentioned difference, that is, in the way power is delivered and if the ikon actually is more responsive at lower rpms than the higher powered accent. But your answer to the second question proved it is not so. I am just trying to get an understanding in theory so thanks a lot for the very quick reply.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Oh no, I meant if the difference between the accent's engine and the ikon's engine is similar to the above mentioned difference, that is, in the way power is delivered and if the ikon actually is more responsive at lower rpms than the higher powered accent. But your answer to the second question proved it is not so. I am just trying to get an understanding in theory so thanks a lot for the very quick reply.

The difference is less than than. In case of G3HC ( ANHC ) and Fiesta, G3HC has got VVT ( Variable Valve timing, a very complex thing that has its own levels of subdomains. ) that is very advanced and complicated but at the same time very effective. Fiesta engine does not have any.
In case of Ikon and Accent, the difference is not that much. No complicated VVT.

For city driving, both, Ikon and Accent are equally good. No issues here.
And always faster times need not give you the best knowledge of how the motor reacts i.e. response. Ikon ROCAM engines are known to be very responsive in the traffic.
I would suggest you go and have an extensive test drive of both the car, in city traffic and on highways also. Here you will come to know the difference and you can pinpoint exactly which car is more comforatble to you.
20-80 in third and 40-100 are good indicators of bottom end torque, but then Accent due to its larger long stroke motor will have more torque, but for driving in traffic, consider 20-40 in third etc and notice the difference you feel between the two cars.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:50   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Not sure, but if IIRC, none of the IKON has ABS or Airbags. Accent does have ABS ( not very sure ).
I remember there was a variant of the Accent which came with ABS, but not anymore.
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:58   #53
BHPian

Thanks a lot aaggoswami and benbsb29 once again!
Old 5th January 2009, 09:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I remember there was a variant of the Accent which came with ABS, but not anymore.
Accent in its 1.6L avathar used to come with ABS!
Old 5th January 2009, 11:02   #55
BANNED

Accent v Ikon:

Now that terrorist activities have increased, in all places they are checking cars for bombs, guns & terrorists.

So when Accent goes to security check, security inspects and the guy drives off.

When Ikon goes to security check, the guy removes the car key and gives security the key. After the check, the guy drives off.

Why does the Ikon guy handover the key to security, but not Accent guy?
Old 5th January 2009, 11:35   #56
Team-BHP Support

Are you seriour diabloo ? Thats coz the Ikon does not have boot release button as standard accessory anymore.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Are you seriour diabloo ? Thats coz the Ikon does not have boot release button as standard accessory anymore.
Good call!
Old 5th January 2009, 11:54   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Accent v Ikon:

Now that terrorist activities have increased, in all places they are checking cars for bombs, guns & terrorists.

So when Accent goes to security check, security inspects and the guy drives off.

When Ikon goes to security check, the guy removes the car key and gives security the key. After the check, the guy drives off.

Why does the Ikon guy handover the key to security, but not Accent guy?
Quite amusing. For 6500/- even the Ikon guy can drive off without having to remove the key and handing it over to the security chap.

However, even after that, the price on the ikon would still be cheaper than that of the Accent.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Accent in its 1.6L avathar used to come with ABS!
Yeah, I think that was the top-end GLX version, which is no longer in production.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:58   #60
BANNED

Imagine if you have to do this everyday at you office, again at your residence and at neighborhood grocery mall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What do you get for 6.5K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quite amusing. For 6500/- even the Ikon guy can drive off without having to remove the key and handing it over to the security chap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks