Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 00:51   #1
BANNED

Ford dealerships in Mumbai

Greetings everyone,

What Ford dealership in Mumbai would you guys recommend?

Thanks
Old 7th November 2008, 01:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
I would recommend Shaman Ford at Prabhadevi.
I wasn't too happy on a couple of occasions (Like PDI not signed and small irritants) but they do the job quite well.
Old 29th November 2008, 17:26   #3
BANNED

Ford dealership's accessory prices for the new Ikon

Greetings everyone,

I am considering to get the following accessories fitted to the new Ford Ikon. Here are the prices quoted to me, by one of Mumbai's Ford dealerships.

Mud flaps kit, floor mats (2 front and 2 rear) and boot mat = 3K
Chrome-finished Exhaust Trim = 750/-
Rear Wing Spoiler Kit = 5K

Few Qs:
a. Are these on the higher side?
b. Is it better to get rubber or carpet floor mats?
c. I think they quoted 6K for the remote boot release kit. Is it recommended?
d. Is the addition of a spoiler and chrome-finished exhaust trim recommended? Would it enhance her looks only if I chose the right color?
e. What color would go best on the Ikon, between platinum, diamond white, brush steel, paprika red, morello, moondust silver and panther black?

Thanks.
Old 29th November 2008, 20:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

# Floor Mats - 3k ? That is about 2 to 3 times of what it should be !
# Chrome tip - definately enhances the looks but maybe you can try the local stores
# Rear "wing" spoiler for 5K - no value addition in my opinion
# Boot release - not worth for that much money

Cheers
Old 29th November 2008, 21:12   #5
BANNED

Is it advisable to get an aftermarket rear wing spoiler, or should I drop the idea since it doesn't come as OE on the vehicle.
What issues might arise if I went ahead with having an aftermarket spoiler fitted?

If I were to get it fitted from outside, what would it run me?

Last edited by luvjascha : 29th November 2008 at 21:15.
Old 29th November 2008, 21:28   #6
BHPian

Mud flaps kit, floor mats (2 front and 2 rear) and boot mat = 3K >> this looks on higher side on the face of it – but look at the quality of the stuff and decide for yourself. Alternately check aftermarket stuff also here.

Chrome-finished Exhaust Trim = 750/- >> this is the price I paid 6 years back – so I feel it is reasonable. Aftermarket may be a bit cheaper, but then not a big ticket item. So my suggestion is stick to original stuff

Rear Wing Spoiler Kit = 5K >> again an ok price. Aftermarket may be marginally cheaper, but I would not recommend it. I know a friend who tied it for some savings – the color did not come out well and started to show up after some time. And water leaks in heavy rains. So I mean cheaper stuff may be low on quality also.
Old 29th November 2008, 21:37   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I know a friend who tied it for some savings – the color did not come out well and started to show up after some time. And water leaks in heavy rains. So I mean cheaper stuff may be low on quality also.
Do these issues arise with any aftermarket fitted spoiler kit, or only with the cheaper quality ones.
Also, is the spoiler purely to enhance the looks of the vehicle, or is there another reason to consider it.
Old 29th November 2008, 21:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Do these issues arise with any aftermarket fitted spoiler kit, or only with the cheaper quality ones.
Well, I cannot generalize that all aftermarket stuff will give problems, but just quoted an experience to be cautious. Sometimes I have seen people going in for aftermarket stuff for just 15% savings which is not worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Also, is the spoiler purely to enhance the looks of the vehicle, or is there another reason to consider it.
Well it adds to the looks certainly and that is why many go for it. They say it enhances the stability at very high speeds, but do not consider it for this reason.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:41   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

If you like the spoiler'ed Ikon's looks, buy the original one from the dealer. I'd say 5k is cheap; fitting and OEM one to my Aveo would cost 10k!

Go for transparent plastic mats from any good accessory shop. They cost about 900 bucks without the boot mat. Exhaust tip sounds reasonable.
Old 29th November 2008, 23:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

hello, transparent mats cost 550-600 bucks max

rest except spoiler, nothing need be bought.

color, how can we advice - what do you like?
Old 29th November 2008, 23:29   #11
BANNED

How are transparent plastic mats better than rubber or carpet mats? Is the same also recommended for the boot mat?
Old 30th November 2008, 12:39   #12
BANNED

Hyundai Accent Executive versus New Ford Ikon

Greetings everyone,

I am looking to get an entry level sedan, and the only two vehicles that come to mind are the Accent and the Ikon. So, I took a TD on both. Now, I am not the best when it comes to writing detailed reviews on my TD experiences; however, here are a few things that I gathered.
The Accent scored higher than the Ikon in the following areas:
- Felt much more comfortable to drive
- Better interiors (I really like the wooden finish panels - gives it a rich, classy look) including the leather-wrapped steering and gear knob
- Super effective A/C (even at setting 1)
- Better resale (But quite honestly, this shouldn't be a deciding factor for me, because I intend keeping the vehicle for a while)
- Cost and availability of spares
- More nationwide service networks, and
- Needless to mention, the brand name itself.

While Ford offers a 2 year/100,000 km initial warranty, Hyundai offers a 2 year/unlimited km initial warranty. The extended warranty by Ford is for 1 year (the 3rd year) and is a manufacturer-backed warranty. It cost 4,650/-
The extended warranty by Hyundai is also for 1 year, and is a dealer-backed warranty. It cost 5,769/-

There is a 47K OTR price difference between the two vehicles, which is quite substantial - something that I could use towards dressing her up with tires+alloys, tints, ICE, etc. I will be be doing these anyway. It is the pricing though, that's putting me in a dilemma.

I'd appreciate some solid, concrete advice and reasons why I should opt for one over the other.

Fire away!
Old 30th November 2008, 13:28   #13
BHPian

i would trust ford quality marginally over hyundai quality. but that does not mean that the accent is poor in any way. its just that the new ikon is fresher than the accent. or should i say, its less stale!!
Old 30th November 2008, 15:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i would trust ford quality marginally over hyundai quality. but that does not mean that the accent is poor in any way. its just that the new ikon is fresher than the accent. or should i say, its less stale!!
I preferred the Ford NXT s looks to facelift Ikon looks. Looking at your requirements the Accent Executive seems to be a clear winner. Both cars wouldnt fetch you much after few years , but Accent would surely be cheaper to own and seems to fit your bill.

P.S. : I found Ikon 's A/c better than Accent's. Not that its going to be a big factor. But just my observation.
Old 30th November 2008, 16:51   #15
BANNED

Is it strange that one Hyundai dealership offers a dealer-backed extended warranty, and the other a manufacturer-backed one?

BTW, the gear shifts on the Accent were butter smooth, and the price difference between the two vehicles stands at 40-41K (I included the extended warranty cost earlier, which is how I arrived at 47K)

Even after the TDs, I am having the hardest time deciding

Last edited by luvjascha : 30th November 2008 at 16:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks