Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 14:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A used RS is might be good VFM but why buy a used car when you can afford a new one.
Then maybe he can buy a new 1.8TPi.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:23   #17
BHPian

If you do no more than 30 kms a day on an average, the Octavia RS is simply a gem of a car for your everyday use. The best part is the raunchy 150 bhp engine that simply urges you to drive it hard. Team that with the excellent suspension and those grippy brakes, and you have the best of all worlds.

The con - it is not a car for guys who are 6 ft tall or above - the reason why I haven't had it against all my wishes. The driving position is disappointing for tall guys.
If you fall 'short' (pun intended!) for this category, there should be nothing to refrain you from buying one if it fits your budget.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
The con - it is not a car for guys who are 6 ft tall or above - the reason why I haven't had it against all my wishes. The driving position is disappointing for tall guys.
If you fall 'short' (pun intended!) for this category, there should be nothing to refrain you from buying one if it fits your budget.
Hmmm, I am over 6' but didn't face any issues while driving the RS. Maybe we have different seating preferences...
Old 14th December 2008, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

If u just want performance and front seat comfort and are ready to live with the expensive services and parts, get the Octavia. Thats the only reason to get a petrol skoda really..

And just in case u settle for the 1.8TPi, u can always make it (almost)look like an RS by gettin the RS bumper and good wheels and all.. Lots of people do that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks