Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 15:39   #16
BHPian

Tried to play the dealers against each other but that doesn't help. Got the news that Honda dealers decide the discount structure along with HSIL representative and the most you can extract is 1-2 thousands here and there. Not sure if this is true.

No news still of price going down in Dec. BTW, there are no fog lamps (my mistake) in either Exi or Gxi.

Everything remaining same (as in previous mail), one dealer is offering me PU seat cover (including door pad with the same PU) with door garnish and another is offering me Anti rust and Paint protection. The PU seat covers will probably be 5,000. Any idea about the Anti rust and paint protection? From the replies, it seems these are not necessary!
Old 16th December 2008, 17:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Everything remaining same (as in previous mail), one dealer is offering me PU seat cover (including door pad with the same PU) with door garnish and another is offering me Anti rust and Paint protection. The PU seat covers will probably be 5,000. Any idea about the Anti rust and paint protection? From the replies, it seems these are not necessary!
The anti-rust and paint protection are also a couple of thousand - 3 or 4k together. They are about as necessary as the PU seat covers - I have a 4-year old gxi with no seat covers. When they get dirty I get them cleaned. I dont feel the need for seat covers at all. It really depends what you want. The anti-rust is useful in a place like Mumbai.
Also, people are advising you to get other alloys and I don't see why. The Honda alloys are very well made - if they come free with the car take them and if you get bored with them, sell them and get new ones.

Last edited by StarScream : 16th December 2008 at 17:16.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Jus spoke to Whitefield Honda sales person

They are still selling the ZX version with lot of discount..

EXI: 8.00000/-
GXI: 8.74000/-
VETC: stopped
VETC+:10.23550/-

They had agreed to give a discount of 50K on GXI. & overall it’s coming to 8.25 + corporate discount 10K etc. All together I’ve negotiated for 8-lacs.
They have 2008 MFD vehicle on which they are ready register as 2009 model in RC book. But the MFD on the chassis will be 2008.
Is it a good deal????
Old 16th January 2009, 17:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ramsagar - the price you have mentioned seems to be high compared to the one that Voodo quoted in this thread. He had mentioned 6.5l for EXI ( which anyway came with all the features of GXI ) - so what exactly is being offered at 8l for GXI in Blore ??
Old 16th January 2009, 18:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

50k discount on a discontinued model ? I got a 30k year end discount just to counter depreciation on my Swift!

I'd advise you take a tough stance against the salesman, and dont show that you are willing to buy the car. Give them Linea examples or quote other dealers (the figures can be from thin air)
Old 16th January 2009, 21:01   #21
BHPian

You want the NHC? Just wondering why not the new Linea.
Old 27th January 2009, 23:15   #22
BHPian

Does it make sense to buy brand new NHC GXI @ 7.6 lacs on road now?

Hello dear Team-BHP car gurus!

After i had an excellent experience with OHC 1.5 EXI AT (still going strong) (see below link)

Bought a "new" OHC, 1.5 AT, hardly used, fallen in love with her!

I am now interested to buy an NHC, as ANHC even though has fantastic exteriors but is overpriced & has poor interiors.

Dealer in Ahmedabad, is ready to give a new NHC GXI @ 7.6 lacs on road. (2008 model ofcourse)

Golden color + few freebies.

Ruled out ANHC & linea because,

ANHC: Superb exteriors but Maruti 800 Interiors, Highly overpriced (E, 8.6 lacs on road), low FE

Linea: Superb car, yet to be tested, Horrible *** & Resale???

While,

NHC: proven, good FE, Reliable, Superb interiors, excellent resale value.

I mostly drive in city. Monthly driving is 700-800km including occasional highway drive of 400-500 km (once in 2 months).

I am also happy with NHC engine 77 BHP.

Guys, please advise,

Should i go for it or not?

What should the ideal price for NHC GXI? Should i bargain more?

Waht is the FE of NHC & ANHC?

Please advise urgently, as there are only few cars left. So, if i have to take decision, i have to be quick.
Old 28th January 2009, 08:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Though the car MFD is 2008 confirm weather the dealer is ready to change as 2009 in the RC-book. This is possible in Bangalore & dealer had agreed to that, when I spoke to him.
In this aspect your resale value will be good if RC is 2009. Only experts see the MFD date on car chassis.
Negotiate well in this aspect and reduce few bucks.
Look-in for a cash discount rather than freebees.
No matter it’s a Good deal, but push them hard, since they have lots ZX models piled up in the stock yard.
Don't hurry, infact they make your hurry.If the stock is over they are ready to get you from some other delear(confirm this).

FE of NHC will be 12-13kmpl in city,15 on highway(depends on your driving stlye.)

Last edited by Ramsagar : 28th January 2009 at 08:46.
Old 28th January 2009, 09:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Though the car MFD is 2008 confirm weather the dealer is ready to change as 2009 in the RC-book. This is possible in Bangalore & dealer had agreed to that, when I spoke to him.
In this aspect your resale value will be good if RC is 2009.
A car gets a RC (Registration Certificate) only when it goes to the RTO for registration; clearly in the below case, the car is in the dealer's yard and is a first sale, so when it goes for registration, the RC will carry the same day's date.

@loving alaap: Haggle hard, it would be difficult to sell the older model when the next gen is available at the showroom. Keep an eye on the dealer inventory, so you know when to negotiate hard!

Last edited by AirWind : 28th January 2009 at 09:41.
Old 9th February 2009, 00:18   #25
BHPian

Hey, Team-Bhp.

Please suggest.

What should be the ideal price for a new GXI now?
Old 15th February 2009, 21:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

NHC Gxi CVT for INR 8Lakh On Road

Hi all,

I am getting a new Gxi CVT for 8 lakhs on road. The car comes with integrated 1-Din HU (Clarion), alloys & fog lamps. The dealer has one piece left with him. The original OTR is 8.26 lakhs (on road Noida price, Delhi OTR is 20k more). I am getting 20k cash discount and extended warranty (worth 7500) for free (that brings the price down to about 8lakh OTR for Noida reg.)

What do BHPians think of this offer? Worth going for? I only wish the car had ABS and airbags (then I would have just booked it then and there). Are these two indispensible? Also does anyone know of better deals than this on CVT. I am not interested in a manual sedan. If not City CVT then it would be i20 for me (although it is not an automatic but I still like the car!)

ANHC 1.5S AT is another option but it is 1.2 lakh more expansive than CVT and is not in the same class when it comes to interiors (where I would be when using the car
Old 15th February 2009, 21:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

try and get a much higher discount. 20k is too little for a discontinued car.
Old 15th February 2009, 21:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
try and get a much higher discount. 20k is too little for a discontinued car.
+1

20k is way too less for a discontinued car. If I were looking for one, then it would be something in the range of 70k. The dealer doesnt have too many options there actually.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:25   #29
BHPian

push for higher discounts and you will have a very good car in your garage. CVT performs extremely well. its better than the auto tranny of the ANHC.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:35   #30
BHPian

Sundaram offered me "Insurance Free". For a discontinued car. What a joke! They were like "If you don't want it, no problem saar, we have many people asking for the 'old' city"!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks