Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 22:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Also this model would be 2008 manufactured and chances of demo peace or test driven vehicle, so discount should be 1 lac at least.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th February 2009, 08:55   #32
BHPian

Hey pal I had visited the dealer in Mayur Vihar a few months back when the ANHC just ventured into the showrooms. Dont really remember the name of the dealer but they offered the NHC GXI variant at 7.75 lakh then. I am sure if they had one today it would have not been offered for any more than 7.30 - 7.50 lakhs today. Try bargaining more I am sure you can atleast get them to settle for 7.5 lakhs on road.

Hope for you to get the best deal.

tinnie.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:35   #33
BHPian

Try to get more discount or wait for few more days and buy ANHC (may be discount's will start when all the 2008 stock is cleared )
Old 16th February 2009, 10:35   #34
BHPian

You can DEFINATELY do better. Push for 7 Lacs on Road
Old 16th February 2009, 11:05   #35
BHPian

Hi, I also feels NHC is better than ANHC.

CVT tranny definitely better than ANHC tranny.

FE / interior / reliability are big plus points for CVT.

So, overall, i think its a better package than ANHC.

May be upto 7.5lacs you can stretch the dealer, but i doubt the figure.

Go for it man, i have also asked a good quotation for GXI also in Ahmedabad.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the replies. Now I have a question:

Does anybody really know of Honda offering huge discounts in India? I mean on all other models there are hardly any discounts. There are absolutely no discounts or freebies on ANHC! And accessories cost a bomb!

On Carwale.com, the OTR price of a new Gxi CVT is INR 8.6 Lakh (Noida price). Dont know if they have updated the cenvat cut that was recently announced.

@tinnieboy: NHC Gxi is also available for about 7.4 Lakh OTR (Noida reg.) after 25k discounts. But I am only interested in an automatic.

@hrishig: the reason I am looking at NHC CVT is its interiors. ANHC is not in the same class. And I am only interested in automatic. ANHC auto is 1.2 lakhs more expansive and is less plush. Only plus it has over NHC is safety features (ABS, Airbags, all 4 disc brakes). Exteriors dont matter

Remember earlier NHC didnt come with alloys or fog lamps. And used to cost like almost 9 lakhs if I remember correctly. I think after the 10th Anniversary thing they started offering alloys and fog lamps on all models (correct me if I am wrong). The dealer informed me that Honda still has about 1100 unsold NHCs with them (some of them CVTs). There is no guarantee of getting color of my choice as well. He can find out if the color I want is available in the factory and get me that. So the car is going to be new. In fact there is no demo car available and no test drives (as far as NHC is concerned).

Let me try and haggle more with the dealer. Although knowing Honda (and its dealers) am not very optimistic

Last edited by joslicx : 16th February 2009 at 11:22.
Old 16th February 2009, 12:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Does anybody really know of Honda offering huge discounts in India? I mean on all other models there are hardly any discounts. There are absolutely no discounts or freebies on ANHC! And accessories cost a bomb!
Let me try and haggle more with the dealer. Although knowing Honda (and its dealers) am not very optimistic
Honda has always given only corporate discounts and that too limited to 5-20k depending on the model you are buying and the company you work for.
But in case of NHC the discounts and freebies have been more forthcoming to clear unsold stock. Suggest you speak to a sr. guy at the dealer with the help of a known person (if you dont know the sr. follks already) and that would work wonders. Go for the CVT if you are sure he is giving you a new car.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:31   #38
BHPian

Joslicx@

Hey you can contact this Guy, Ujjwal deep singh (9899790355) from, Courtsey Honda and say about me, he will help you fetch the best deal.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Joslicx@

Hey you can contact this Guy, Ujjwal deep singh (9899790355) from, Courtsey Honda and say about me, he will help you fetch the best deal.
Thanks budhiraj. I'll surely contact this gentleman (Mr. Singh) and see what offer they have to make.

Meanwhile one update is I got a call from Ace Honda rep today regarding my decision. I asked her to give me a good price and I'll book it. I am pushing for 7.5 OTR delhi reg. (normal price is 8.4 lakh for delhi reg.). She'll be meeting me on wednesday now regarding the same. Lets see.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:19   #40
BHPian

1lakh discount with all the accessories on the nhc vtec! This is what was offered to me a month back..
Old 16th February 2009, 19:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody really know of Honda offering huge discounts in India? I mean on all other models there are hardly any discounts. There are absolutely no discounts or freebies on ANHC!
Well they did slash 8 lakhs from the price of the Civic Hybrid

I agree with everyone else - seek a greater discount but have a limit in your head at which you will be willing to sign the deal. It's a war of wits and time between you and the dealer - he is trying to get you to pay more by telling you there is limited stock and strong demand. You need to give him a price that you think is fair and stick to your guns and wait as long as it takes.

Of course, with this strategy there is the danger that another buyer walks in, likes the price and buys the car. In that case, you buy the i20 and get the much needed safety features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
1lakh discount with all the accessories on the nhc vtec! This is what was offered to me a month back..
Yes, I know someone who got 70-80k slashed from the price of the Vtec+. I think Honda dealers think they can get away with fewer discounts on the CVT because it is cheaper than the ANHC AT and possibly more fuel efficient. The Vtec+ is very close to the price of the ANHC and most people would choose the newer car hence the greater discount on the +.

Last edited by StarScream : 16th February 2009 at 19:31.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Well they did slash 8 lakhs from the price of the Civic Hybrid

I agree with everyone else - seek a greater discount but have a limit in your head at which you will be willing to sign the deal. It's a war of wits and time between you and the dealer - he is trying to get you to pay more by telling you there is limited stock and strong demand. You need to give him a price that you think is fair and stick to your guns and wait as long as it takes.

Of course, with this strategy there is the danger that another buyer walks in, likes the price and buys the car. In that case, you buy the i20 and get the much needed safety features.
Yes totally agree. This is actually what I am also doing. I have a price in mind and will settle for maybe 5k here and there but not more. Wont consider the original 8L offer! If somebody else wants "that" car then so be it! I can "settle" for i20 I am considering NHC as my fiancee took quite a liking for it (she rejected the new Linea outright!!! I was just aghast but what can the poor guy do!)
Old 17th February 2009, 15:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Yes totally agree. This is actually what I am also doing. I have a price in mind and will settle for maybe 5k here and there but not more. Wont consider the original 8L offer! If somebody else wants "that" car then so be it! I can "settle" for i20 I am considering NHC as my fiancee took quite a liking for it (she rejected the new Linea outright!!! I was just aghast but what can the poor guy do!)
Quite right stand! Honda or in fact any dealers will try to play with you , you HAVE to be firm on your stand. we got 30+ discount on NHC in month of march april 2008 but we were bargaining for almost 3 months.

Basically patience wins ..
Old 9th March 2009, 17:14   #44
BHPian

Hey guys,

Anybody had find a good deal on NHC?
Old 9th March 2009, 17:19   #45
BHPian

Hey guys, do you guys have any info on NHC's available with mumbai dealers. If so can you provide me with the contact no. of the concerned person who can get me one. Thanx.

Anil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks