Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 15:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Manish, Seems like you aint interested in the Dzire. Buy a diesel car if your monthly running is around 1000km/ month. Why dont you look at the Honda City Zx ?? Dealer would try hard to clear 08 stocks with discounts now.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:30   #17
BHPian

A Fusion Diesel could be a wise choice, the cross over concept did'nt really take off in India but its a practical car with a boot almost identical to a sedan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Adding my 0.2 cents here. Remember those day when a White Doctor Vehicle was appreciated. And now we all hate the White Vehicle Cabbies Sticker.
I too had a same Confusion and Ended the "Ford Fusion"
Old 29th December 2008, 15:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Thanks for prompt responses. DCEite - the image/style is also in mind. I think Fiesta or City looks more classy than any given hatchback. Fabia is way too expensive for me, I am reluctant to shell out so much money for a small car.

Ford Ikon Diesel is definitely under consideration. As for boot, I don't use alto outside city for travel, but if I have Sedan (esp Diesel), then I might as well travel more. It would 3/4 trips in a year though. Mostly the car will be used on weekends for long drives, mall shopping and nearby picnics to Lonavala/Khandala or so.

I liked Palio's power -- but it is really disappointing on interiors & eqipments! I want to know what other cars can I consider in Sedan?
For your requirements,Ford Ikon Diesel suits well
I had a TD last week ,really it's very VFM
Good in
riding
rear seat comfort
Leg space
FE (14.9 and 17.9 in City and Highway respectively)
Engine Power
400ltrs of boot space
what else you need for a car.
Interior is not up to the market and some essential equipments is missing Ex.Boot Opener.you can get it as accessories for 5K.
But for the < 6Lakhs OTR,Ikon sweeps all other cars in the same segment/price bracket.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:45   #19
BHPian

From your posts, I think you would require a peppy caaaar with a passive VFM badge. The image would be right for you on a hatch back than a Sedan with slightly more prominant VFM Badge on it.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you go for a premium hatchback like the Skoda Fabia or the new i20.Just because you'll get more features at a lesser price.There aren't any good sedans in the 6-6.5 lac bracket.However, the Swift Dzire is a good option if you're keen on buying a sedan.The Hyundai i20 should perfectly fit your bill.It's a fully loaded car and no other car in that price range matches it.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Manish, Seems like you aint interested in the Dzire. Buy a diesel car if your monthly running is around 1000km/ month. Why dont you look at the Honda City Zx ?? Dealer would try hard to clear 08 stocks with discounts now.
I'd love to jump at the offer, but I don't know if any of the Pune dealers is having city ZX in stock!

Will be trying I20 soon, is it being made available in Pune today after its launch?
Old 29th December 2008, 18:57   #22
BHPian

The i20 has changed the game, I would take that over the Ikon, or Accent, for crying out loud the Indica Vista has more leg space. hmm make that space on a the whole. Than the Scorpio (taking nothing from the car). just that when the initial euphoria of a new car dies down, the lack of space hits you and that never leaves.
I want a sedan, maybe a lancer, but the palio has more space. So?
Old 29th December 2008, 22:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@manish, along with the i20, you can check out the fiesta petrol base model. The dealers out here were giving me a 87K discount on the diesel, making the Fiesta EXi TDCi around 7.5L. Check if the offer is still on for the petrol though.
Old 29th December 2008, 22:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@manish, along with the i20, you can check out the fiesta petrol base model. The dealers out here were giving me a 87K discount on the diesel, making the Fiesta EXi TDCi around 7.5L. Check if the offer is still on for the petrol though.
Nope man, Petrol fiesta with offer are all sold out. I did enquire about that. They have 2 ZXI diesel, but it costs 8L on road, and it's out of my reach. I can at the most stretch it to 7L.

BTW, what's the on-road price for SX4 VXI in Pune?
Old 30th December 2008, 10:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It might, but how do I resolve the confusion between Sedan or Hatchback?
It's obviously the need for that boot. I went with this logic when I was faced with the car purchase decision: I need to have at least one car with a boot in the family.

There are occasions when not having a boot would mean a serious pain - like a travel outside the country, and people accompanying to the airport etc, or that big travel you always plan for. It you have one car with the boot already in your family, then a hatch would serve the purpose - and is much more practical within the city. My 2 pence!
Old 7th January 2009, 11:28   #26
BHPian

Is there any other dealer for Hyundai besides Kothari - I am pretty disappointed with Kothari's treatment. I would like to have a look at Accent in flesh and would like a test ride as well.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:54   #27
Team-BHP Support

If you are going to make regular outstation trips, then having a sedan is a boon. That along with the parking space availability at your place will hold the key.

The newer cars come with much better and improved interiors over the existing sedans in your price range which are essentially cars which have been around since a while. If these also had contemporary interiors, then their prices would definitely be higher than present. If interiors are important, there is no beating the newer hatches/cars.

Personally, i feel that although the Accent and Ikon lug around a boot, they dont really require so much of space when parking and driving that they tend to be considered as a bane. These are not trucks or SUVs we're talking about!
Old 7th January 2009, 15:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hatchback - Palio SDX Multijet, Swift, i10 or better still i20.
Manish, of the above only i20 is a premium hatchback. As on today, India has three premium hatchbacks - i20, Skoda Fabia and Chevrolet SRV. Unfortunately, all of them are premium in prices only although of the above I would pick the i20.

The way I see it is that for about 6.5 lakhs you will get a base entry level sedan. For the same money you can get a fully loaded premium hatchback.

Whats the point of image if you have a basic sedan? IMO it's better to have a loaded to the gills hatch instead.

Last edited by amit : 7th January 2009 at 15:17.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Whats the point of image if you have a basic sedan? IMO it's better to have a loaded to the gills hatch instead.
I agree -- but I think i20 very, very overpriced! (And so is Fabia, I am not even considering this one)
Old 16th January 2009, 11:01   #30
BHPian

Manish,

My suggestion: Get Accent.

Most Viewed