Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 18:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I agree -- but I think i20 very, very overpriced! (And so is Fabia, I am not even considering this one)
Any changes in the cars you are considering. Iam sure you have visited dealers, TD vehicles etc. Please list the ones youlike...

I wouldnt Suggest the Accent Executive though...
Old 16th January 2009, 20:28   #32
BHPian

personally i would pick a fully loaded premium hatch over a sedan any day.

for example if the top end Grand Punto is equipped similar to the mid or top end Linea, the former is a sensible pick, IMO.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
personally i would pick a fully loaded premium hatch over a sedan any day.

for example if the top end Grand Punto is equipped similar to the mid or top end Linea, the former is a sensible pick, IMO.
I agree - but only if GP comes soon. I am sort of taking it easy. Not in a hurry to buy car as of now. Could wait till March/April.

BTW, these are the cars I have seen/tried -

(1) Ford Ikon Diesel - Loved the ride, very responsive engine and great handling. A true driver's car. Gear shift is a bit hard though, and I didn't liek the interiors. Ford has increased price by 10K in this month though! :?(

(2) Swift VDi (ABS) - liked the car engine, but didn't liek interiors a bit and waiting time is putting me off. :(

(3) i20/Accent - i20, looks fine, but way too overpriced for a 1.2 petrol engine. I would have jumped at it if it had 1.4L diesel engine around 6.5 L. Thanks to snobbish Hyundai dealer and dumb salesman here, I haven't had test ride of any of these cars. I'd like to check out Accent now.

(4) SX4 - with discount I wil be getting VXi for around 7.15 L, liked it but some reviews by members her are putting me off. And I would like to have ABS ZXI which is 8L, which is way over my budget. If I spend 8L, I might as well consider Linea or Ford Fiesta diesel. Anyway, 8L is not what I'd like to spend on car now, max I can stretch my budget is around 7L for Sedan if I really like it and if it's diesel.

I am also getting inclined to premium hatch now, but not liking any of the available options. These are my takes on them -

(1) Swift - interiors are dull. Waiting period is another annoyance.
(2) i20 - Overpriced, would like to have diesel in this price.
(3) Getz - Nah, don't like the way it looks and interiors are dull as well.
(4) UVA - didn't dare to check, given GM's condition.
(5) Vista - Hmm.... my feelings exactly here by our own GTO - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sighhhh-3.html

GP is a great option that I am eagerly awaiting. I hope Fiat makes it available soon. Any other?
Old 17th January 2009, 14:38   #34
BHPian

what about DZire LDI/VDI?
Old 17th January 2009, 15:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GP is a great option that I am eagerly awaiting. I hope Fiat makes it available soon. Any other?
have you tried palio 1.6 sport, thats a hell of a motor if driving pleasure is what you are looking for.
give it a test drive, things are looking up at fiat
Old 19th January 2009, 15:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
have you tried palio 1.6 sport, thats a hell of a motor if driving pleasure is what you are looking for.
give it a test drive, things are looking up at fiat
Nope man, though Palio SDX itself was quite nice, I found interiors rather dull!
Old 19th January 2009, 15:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I agree - but only if GP comes soon. I am sort of taking it easy. Not in a hurry to buy car as of now. Could wait till March/April.

Here is an ad for GP.
clipser - Fiat Grand Punto Advert

BTW, why don't you consider Palio multijet SDX ?
Old 19th January 2009, 15:52   #38
BHPian

Chevy SRV Only

Chevy SRV is the only premium hatch back if you go by design and size the only other contender is yet to arrive Fiat Gand Punto comming soon.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:47   #39
BHPian

BTW, I am getting SX4 ZXI at 7.75 L on road after discounts (2008 model); is it worth the deal? It will require me to stretch my budget though. Besides, I have read some scary stories here about SX4, so worried a bit!

The discount is 15K consumer offer + 10k loyalty bonus. Is that good?
Old 7th February 2009, 18:25   #40
BHPian

Hi Manish,

Dont go for SX4, As everybody is saying it has a lots of niggling issues & poor FE.

Dont go for Dzire either, as its build quality is in a question & I think the metal is so thin, it will not last beyond 4-5 yrs.

better Go for discounted ford fiesta (if available, around 90K discount)

Or if you want real VFM car, buy an Accent executive with company fitted CNG. (Also you can go for extended warrenty-upto 5 yrs of warrenty for peace of mind). Still its way inside your budget (may me 6 lacs on road, after CNG & Extended warrenty).

I am sure you will love the car & will not regret.

and buy the ways, no matter what people says, A sedan is a sedan & a small car (even thoug 10 Lacs) is a small car.

Take your decision wisely.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

For daily commute, hatch is the ideal choice.
This may not be exactly accurate. A sedan (or at least most of them) can easily navigate in the same spaces as a hatch may do (I can personally attest for that). I think rather than lower dimensions, it is higher power and torque that makes for easier travel and maneuvering in most of the situations. In 2 years of driving a Corolla AT, I have rarely come across situations where I felt that perhaps having a Zen or Corsa (my previous cars) would have been better. For 99.9% of the time, I am grateful for the bigger size, power, and torque.

However, a hatch with good power should also do the job.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:02   #42

Used Sedan or New Hatchback ?

Hi Guys,

I was trying to help my sister-in-law get a car, confused between a Used Sedan or a brand new Hatchback. The car won't be used a lot and spend a lot of the in the parking lot, Looks and price is something to consider for.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 17:34   #43
BHPian

lot of time in the parking lot!

Better go buy a new hatch with good ***.

Hyundai and Maruti only.

IMO petrol GETZ with recent price cut, a good VFM.

Driven by a lady!!! IMO sedan is not preferable!
Old 27th April 2009, 17:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
My suggestion: Get Accent.
Thats a very old car my friend, and the only good thing about the Accent car was the CRDi engine and that model is discontinued now.

And what premium hatchbacks are on sale now? The Skoda Fabia and the Hyundai i20(?)
Old 27th April 2009, 17:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

@Manish7 - If image/style is a concern, then close your eyes and go for a sedan. Dont bother about questions like "How often will you need a boot". An Ikon or an Accent arent difficult to drive around the city anyway. And trust me, once you get used to a sedan, it will be difficult to get back to a hatch!

At your budget, the only possible options are the Ikon, Accent, Dzire and Indigo. Of these, I think the Ikon and Dzire are the best options if you want diesel. However, the Accent is otherwise the best choice for hassle-free, low maintainence ownership.

Chalk out how much monthly running your car is expected to do. If its less than 800-1000 kms, you can safely go for a Petrol car.

Do keep us updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks