Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 12:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Benny, the Vista does have a little more space than the Ikon inside.

Reg the head-space, it is only at one point that we feel the head-space is less. This is near the rear end of the roof, just before the rear-windshield. Even then, most people will not feel this. It is only when you sit ram-rod straight that you may touch the roof.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So, did you even check out the initial threads where people mentioned the poor headroom in the Vista? Guess you didnt.
u were talking about the "shoulder room" not "head room". shoulder room is the best in class in Vista.

as condor said, if a person of above average height sat ram rod straight, the top of the head might touch the roof. a person sitting normally in a relaxed way with head leaning on the headrest wont have any problems. Sikhs with big turbans might have an issue though. btw, all this is true of back seat only, not the front.
Old 16th January 2009, 22:50   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : Compare the Ikon and Vista head on and you'll know where technology and Design has changed from the older Ikon days to the present Vista.
So you are comparing the 2001 Ikon to the 2008 Vista ?

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : Why dont you test drive the Vista, you would also change your thinking.
A proper comparison can be made when one drives both the cars. Have you driven the Ikon yet ?

Having tried both cars, I know the Ikon's comfort levels. Won't say the same about the Vista yet. It's got space. It's got torque. But beyond a certain point the additional few Nm's will not make much difference in city where we do most of our driving.

But one aspect that I want to see a goood amount of change is the Vista's seating set-up. It's kind of off the mark - a little high, and the contours can be re-done.

And the Wide seat-position-adjustment lever juts into the leg-space of the front seats. Looks innocuous, but it really gets in the way.

Indica Vista Anniversary Edition Vs Ford Icon?-seatadjustlever.jpg

Oh, even if you did compare the 2001 Ikon to the Vista, the Ikon still wins the comfort stakes with ease. Or should I say 'comfortably' ?

Last edited by condor : 16th January 2009 at 22:54.
Old 17th January 2009, 14:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
...the Wide seat-position-adjustment lever juts into the leg-space of the front seats. Looks innocuous, but it really gets in the way...
haha! the heights of nit picking! that would get in the way ONLY if you prefer to drive with your legs tucked under the seat...and i dont know anyone who would drive that way. the lever doesnt touch the leg even if you pull the seat very close to the front.

Quote:
It's got torque. But beyond a certain point the additional few Nm's will not make much difference in city where we do most of our driving.
the few extra Nm's make a lot of difference in traffic when you discover that you need not downshift or play with the clutch so often.

Quote:
But one aspect that I want to see a goood amount of change is the Vista's seating set-up. It's kind of off the mark - a little high, and the contours can be re-done.
on the contrary the high seating position gives a great view of the road without making the top of your head rub against the roof. about the contours i agree, the bolstering could have been better and an arm rest would be great!

i have not driven the new ikons but i have driven the old 1.6. I can say that its front seat is great but rear is uncomfortable. space is lesser compared to Vista too.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 17th January 2009 at 14:36.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:31   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CtrlAltDel : haha! the heights of nit picking!
@C-A-D, the pic itself was not of the driver seat. I am not aware of any driver who drives with his feet off the pedals, and havenot said anything on those lines either. So, where did you get that idea from ?

Do switch over to the co-driver seat, sit there sufficiently long with your feet stretched out, and when you want to move your legs a bit, try bringing them closer to the seat. You will find that lever getting in the way of a comfortable (seating) position.
Quote:
CtrlAltDel : on the contrary the high seating position gives a great view of the road ...
oh ok, let's put in a stool instead of the seat to get a higher seating position.

The seats, the seat height & the contours were much better in the previous versions - even the Pre-V2 Indica that we had, or the Marina we did, over the last 8 years. The Vista's seat (esp height & contours) does not feel as natural as in the other members of the Indica family. (I'm not getting to the Ikon yet).

But come to think of it, wonder what's with Tata. They have messed up the seats even on the successor to the Victa GX (IDI) - namely, in the Victa Di GX. So Glad I got my truck before they did the changes.

Last edited by condor : 17th January 2009 at 22:33.
Old 18th January 2009, 00:05   #51
BANNED

Quote:
So you are comparing the 2001 Ikon to the 2008 Vista ?

A proper comparison can be made when one drives both the cars. Have you driven the Ikon yet ?

Having tried both cars, I know the Ikon's comfort levels. Won't say the same about the Vista yet. It's got space. It's got torque. But beyond a certain point the additional few Nm's will not make much difference in city where we do most of our driving.

Oh, even if you did compare the 2001 Ikon to the Vista, the Ikon still wins the comfort stakes with ease. Or should I say 'comfortably' ?

Condor,

My uncle owns an Ikon, i've driven it extensively and i have also TD'd the new Ikon and there's absolutely i can in any way compare the leg room and the head room of these two cars as the Vista scores well over the Ikon.

I know know the pain my uncle goes through each time the car goes to a
service or each time it goes for some small dent removing and painting. One time he had to shell out 40k out of 1.40 lacs insurance claim made to change the front bumper and the a/c condenser coil and bonnet painting. Atrocious to the power of "n"

I am not merely making comparisions here. The Vista is a total paisa vasool car a VFM and it certainly scores very well ahead of the ikon in lot of areas.

This is my opinion and i stick to it.
Old 18th January 2009, 08:46   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : I am not merely making comparisions here. The Vista is a total paisa vasool car a VFM and it certainly scores very well ahead of the ikon in lot of areas.
So how long a ownership & usage does it take to certify a car as one ?
Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : I know know the pain my uncle goes through each time the car goes to a
service or each time it goes for some small dent removing and painting. One time he had to shell out 40k out of 1.40 lacs insurance claim made to change the front bumper and the a/c condenser coil and bonnet painting.
Care to share the damage details & the bills ? And is it only Ford who does this ?

We all know the pain that some of TBHP-ians are going through in getting the problems on their Tata vehicles fixed. And these involve the company itself, right ?

Reg the 40k out of 1.4L bill, is that a problem with the company, the dealer or the insurance company ? Let's not mix issues.

Last edited by condor : 18th January 2009 at 08:52.
Old 18th January 2009, 22:01   #53
BHPian

[quote=condor;1134347

The seats, the seat height & the contours were much better in the previous versions - even the Pre-V2 Indica that we had, or the Marina we did, over the last 8 years. The Vista's seat (esp height & contours) does not feel as natural as in the other members of the Indica family. (I'm not getting to the Ikon yet).

But come to think of it, wonder what's with Tata. They have messed up the seats even on the successor to the Victa GX (IDI) - namely, in the Victa Di GX. So Glad I got my truck before they did the changes.[/quote]

Im sorry, but i think you've got a seriously wrong idea there. First of all, if you have a Vista which you can drive( friends or relatives', which i seriously doubt you have done) then take it to more than a 100 km/hr, enjoy the unparalled grip that the side contours of the seat provide( believe me, ive done much more than that, and even on Ooty hairpins i was sticked to the seat, thanks to the contours ) and then put in 1 more post. That would be a little more enlightening :-).
Old 18th January 2009, 22:19   #54
BANNED

Quote:
So how long a ownership & usage does it take to certify a car as one ?
Care to share the damage details & the bills ? And is it only Ford who does this ?
We all know the pain that some of TBHP-ians are going through in getting the problems on their Tata vehicles fixed. And these involve the company itself, right ?
Reg the 40k out of 1.4L bill, is that a problem with the company, the dealer or the insurance company ? Let's not mix issues.

, very hilarious, lets get the facts right. Everyone on earth knows the pain of owning a Ford, though its a nice car.

About certifying the car, people said the samething about the Indica when it was launched, but what happened later, the Indica was a runaway HIT.

Why dont you get what i am saying, The Vista is lot nicer, bigger in comfort and a total VFM.

The Sedan called Ford Ikon also is good car,but scores less when comparing with a Hatch(Vista)

I dont need to prove anything to anyone here. I stand by my conviction and thats it, To each his opinion.

Les stop "quoting" each other and get on with the thread.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 18th January 2009 at 22:24.
Old 19th January 2009, 07:01   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : Everyone on earth knows the pain of owning a Ford, though its a nice car.
If so, Ford would have been out of business.

It's nothing more with Ford, nothing less with Tata, or with Mitsubishi for it's servicing, or Fiat with their service & spares till now (dont know about the future, so lets wait) ...

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : .. but what happened later, the Indica was a runaway HIT.
With taxi operators, right ?

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : The Sedan called Ford Ikon also is good car,but scores less when comparing with a Hatch(Vista)
Yes, with the price tag.

Btw, did you forget the bill & repair details ? While you feel you dont need to prove anything, putting that up here would have helped others -atleast to know the price of the parts & work done by that particular dealership. And the insurance company's coverage.

Last edited by condor : 19th January 2009 at 07:12.
Old 19th January 2009, 09:20   #56

Talking about tata indica, have you guys ever heared of a broken crankshaft. How dependable is a manufacturer when the sturdiest part of the engine that is the crankshaft goes kaput at 80k. I have never in my life seen a car crank shaft going this way. Since i have a engineering background and have been associated with automobiles since long, when i inspected the broken crank shaft all i could find was traces of foreign metal inclusion on the plane of fracture,which may have got in during the forging. Forget about cars i think they should prove themselves first by making a mechanical sound bullcart . Making cars is light years ahead.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:40   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@Lonelystar, being an engineer, you would also be aware of quality, sampling, MTBF etc. It is not that every Indica's crankshaft breaks at 80k. Some earlier, some later. The point you have mentioned is OT in this thread, so let's leave it aside, or discuss that in an appropriate thread .
Old 19th January 2009, 13:29   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
This is my opinion and i stick to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I dont need to prove anything to anyone here. I stand by my conviction and thats it, To each his opinion.

Les stop "quoting" each other and get on with the thread.
You dont need to get so worked up over all this. If you have an opinion which you dont want to change or even discuss about, then why bother posting it on a public forum?

The point about having a forum is to discuss. This is not a factsheet where someone just posts what he considers as facts, and no one is supposed to question it.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You dont need to get so worked up over all this. If you have an opinion which you dont want to change or even discuss about, then why bother posting it on a public forum?

The point about having a forum is to discuss. This is not a factsheet where someone just posts what he considers as facts, and no one is supposed to question it.
You are right. However i will agree that Vista is better VFM than Ikon inspite of being a Hatch.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:37   #60
BANNED

Quote:

I share similar thoughts, maybe you've taken it the other way.

I stand by my opinion, but i am open for discussions too, who said no. why have you taken it so personally, i've posted my opinion on a open forum, i've not sent you any pm on this.

We are going through this phase of booking a car for my uncle, and my TD's of these 2 vehicles have made me come to one conclusion, and the Vista is getting booked shortly.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 19th January 2009 at 15:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks