Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 13:46   #1

ford fiesta confusion

Dear fellow BHPians

I have been quietly following all the threads in this section when I planned to graduate from my accent GLS( preowned) to another sedan. After all the research I could zero on the Fiesta- ultimate driving experience on TD and support from other owners on this forum made my decision easy
( Heartfelt Thanks). Now starts the problem. With my budget of 7 lakhs(already stretched enough) I could manage the zxi( Just under 7 lakh OTR). However the dealer also told me about availability of some stock of 2008 wherein I could have the Sxi model with discount of 60 K that too at the same price ie 7 lakh OTR.

so the question goes

Zxi(2009) 6.96 lakh (available in all colours)

or

Sxi (2008) 7 lakh (after discount of 60 K, only black available, includes
3rd year extended warranty, some freebies)

or
Sxi (2009) 7.45 lakh ( after discount of 15 k, all colours available but beyond my budget)

all prices OTR for simplicity sake

This might sound as a stupid problem with a very predictable answer to most of you but I wanted the opinion of the house.The dealer was not sure about the month of manufacture of the same. The bonus of having those extra safety features on the zxi( abs, dual airbags) is making me consider the deal

What say???????
Old 26th January 2009, 18:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you want to sell the car in 3 to 4 years, go for the 2009 model. You are getting it in all colours. The sxi has ABS and airbags, not the Zxi.
If you want to keep the car for a longer period, and don't mind black (IMO a good colour), go for the 2008 sxi. Try to bargain a bit more for it.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If you want to sell the car in 3 to 4 years, go for the 2009 model. You are getting it in all colours. The sxi has ABS and airbags, not the Zxi.
If you want to keep the car for a longer period, and don't mind black (IMO a good colour), go for the 2008 sxi. Try to bargain a bit more for it.
thanks for the correction. I meant the benefits of safety features on the Sxi only( typed as Zxi). As far as the bargain goes this is the maximum I could go. Other dealers here were quoting a maximum of 50 K( 7.10 lakh)
I do plan to keep the car for longer duration
Old 26th January 2009, 19:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

IIRC Fiesta Exi and Zxi had 1 lakh rupee discount in December and were close to 5.7 lakh OTR Delhi. The cars were booked by many bhpians. So I think 7 lakh OTR for a Zxi is a highway robbery. If you wait it out, I am certain there maybe possible rerun of the above scheme if economic circumstances continue (which most likely wood). On the other hand Ford never extended the 1 lakh discount on Fiesta S and Fiesta Sxi, so I guess 7 Lakh OTR for 08 model is not bad, as your are getting leather interiors, safety features, fog lamps and stereo as far as I know. I think a deal can be closed at 6.8 lakhs provided you flex your muscles a bit, go for the Sxi 08 or wait it out!
Old 26th January 2009, 19:19   #5

I quoted the price of Zxi Just under 7 lakhs , 6.96 to be precise in my first post. Add( rather minus) the 15 k discount( corporate discount) which would take it to 6.80 lakh. I missed the golden period in december when everyone reaped the benefits. But as mentioned this was never on the Sxi.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
+1. IMO, you can bargain for more. Also, they give the corporate discounts. Try whether your company is registered with them. You may get additional 5~10K discount or some freebies.
Old 26th January 2009, 21:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Aryan , if resale aint an issue and you cant stretch your budget further go for the SXi 08 model. That is if you are ok with the color. You get leather seats & airbags in SXi, dont compromise on safety( airbags) my friend.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th January 2009 at 21:19. Reason: SMS language disallowed
Old 26th January 2009, 22:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Go for 2008 SXi. Dont compromise on safety features at all. Moreover, the color is not that bad and infact looks best in that color ( IMO ). Go ahead for it. You wont repent decision of buying the Fiesta SXi.

But make sure you try your best to push in for more discounts. Car sales are not very good right now and you can get a good deal. However make sure you are not handed over a bad peice. What I think ( which could be wrong ) that as the sales are getting low, dealers are even more dishonest and are selling bad pieces of cars to unsuspecting customers. Also I think that in this market situation, cars remain a longer in stockyard, so a bit more precaution can be useful.
Old 27th January 2009, 01:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

GO for 08 SXI. I am sure you can haggle some more money when sitting down on it with the salesman. With all the freebies and extended warranty it seems to be a good deal but 10-20 grands more wont hurt. Being 2008 models the salesman may be willing to let go. Just my two cents.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:27   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Go for 2008 SXi. Dont compromise on safety features at all. Moreover, the color is not that bad and infact looks best in that color ( IMO ). Go ahead for it. You wont repent decision of buying the Fiesta SXi.

But make sure you try your best to push in for more discounts. Car sales are not very good right now and you can get a good deal. However make sure you are not handed over a bad peice. What I think ( which could be wrong ) that as the sales are getting low, dealers are even more dishonest and are selling bad pieces of cars to unsuspecting customers. Also I think that in this market situation, cars remain a longer in stockyard, so a bit more precaution can be useful.
I think the deal is almost sealed on 7 lakh. The dealer has informed that the car is October 2008 make. When I insisted to see the car in the dealers stockyard, he was not comfortable but said the car could be brought to showroom for the inspection . Is this alright? I have not paid anything as per now but he is insisting on 25 K booking amount after which I can do the proposed PDI
Old 29th January 2009, 21:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan View Post
I think the deal is almost sealed on 7 lakh. The dealer has informed that the car is October 2008 make. When I insisted to see the car in the dealers stockyard, he was not comfortable but said the car could be brought to showroom for the inspection . Is this alright? I have not paid anything as per now but he is insisting on 25 K booking amount after which I can do the proposed PDI
May be I am acting as a paranoid human, but I think he must allow you to visit the stockyard to have a look at the car. God forbid, if at all there are some damages that might have occurred due to any reason ( even during transition ), the dealer will be able to cover it up safely once he brings the car to showroom.
The fact that he was not comfortable to let you to stockyard was not a positive sign. May be its my negative illusion, but ford is not the best in business for being customer friendly.
As far as my knowledge goes, the customers are allowed to go to stockyard and choose the car.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th January 2009 at 21:45.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:47   #12
Team-BHP Support

+1. This is fishy

Which dealer is this ?

If its Harpreet Ford, then please be extra careful. I have not had a pleasant experience with them.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:24   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
+1. This is fishy

Which dealer is this ?

If its Harpreet Ford, then please be extra careful. I have not had a pleasant experience with them.
Right you are!Who you think are the most profesional ford dealers in Delhi , Not much to choose from the 3 existing ones. I can always forgo discount of 5- 10 K to get more reliable service. Thanks!
Old 30th January 2009, 09:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

aryan. There are just 2 things i want to say
1. If the car is not a test drive vehicle (which is highly unlikely being black and i somehow have not seen dealers have black as a test drive vehicle) you could surely go for the sxi considering the discount and the added features you are getting. But make sure that you do a thorough PDI check based on our list. Since you are getting the 3 yr warranty i think it is an added advantage. Also try to enquire about why the car got stuck there and ensure that it was not due to any defect due to which a customer rejected it earlier. The downside with the sxi would be that if at all something small goes worng you would always have it down in your mind whether this was abused by the showroom people. Thats the price you pay for the discount you get. But i suggest if your PDI is good you should go for it. Your resale wont matter much since you are already getting depreciation benefits.

2. Make sure ford dealers understand that you buy your car at your terms. If they cant arrange for you to see the car and ensure your satisfaction you could always walk away to another dealer or even another manufacturer. By no chance should you pay any advance before you are satisfied with the car. Even if you are booking for a new car (deciding not to take the 2008 one) i dont think a token mount of more than 5K should be paid. Possibly they might have a policy not to let customers into their yard for security reasons but they should be willing to bring the car to the showroom and allow you to make yourself satisfied with the vehicle. Dont get carried away by anything. Once the car is registered in your name. you are on your own.

Last edited by gemithomas : 30th January 2009 at 09:39.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:48   #15

I have a New Fiesta 1.6 ZXI in platinum color. Dont buy a black car unless you have a chauffeur to clean it every 2 hours. It is a real pain. The brakes of ZXI are damn good and ABS is just a fad . So are the baloons. Pls ask Ford guys or this forum as to how many times they know that the airbags have opened and saved lives..The jaipur dealership does not have even a single case of this...neither have i ever heard about it. Dont decide by fear buy zxi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks