Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 01:20   #31
BHPian

my friend bought an elantra petrol in white looks dated but cool. it has everthing from airbags to climate control. its run 40k kms. and the deal went for 4.5+ish lacs.

but i think the carolla is quite a good option. see if you buy cars from D segment. close to 5 lacs! what else can one ask for?
Old 11th March 2009, 09:59   #32
BHPian

You might get second hand Sonata's too i think for the same price or a bit more. Not the sharpest and handling, but great comfort for an unbeatable price!!
Old 11th March 2009, 19:00   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Cedia is preferred over corolla!

No way.

Looking to reliability / class / space / service / resale!

Corolla wins in all aspects as a used car.
Untill you drive one.
The corolla is NOT a drivers car. Also, the 2003 corollas (pre-ABS) have a vey poor suspension, that thumps over potholes and eats up tyres from the outside. I have seen it on our car, a relatives car and a friends car. Ant those were the only cars I looked at.
The Cedia is a good car and should be very reliable.
With the budget, you can also get a 2005 Fiesta Petrol and possibly a Verna Petrol as well. These cars are newer and should be very reliable. Our fiesta has done 45Kkm, and hasnt given us any reason to complain so far.
Also look at 2001 Honda Accords. These cars were imported and were VERY reliable. Ours did 70Kkm without any hassle and would have done a lot more too. Even the JD Power ratings were good with a 20something Problems per 100 vehicles rating.

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th March 2009 at 19:01.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

@chicken-egg aka kolimuttai, your requirements seem to be good handling and ability to do good speeds. If so, why is the Fiesta1.6 not on your list ? Good handling, speeds, driver's car etc etc. FE should also be around what you specified or even a bit more. Maintenance and A.S.S. seems to me the only grey area which you can check with other Fiesta users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Yes, SX4 is also a good option, it has a low reasle value so you might get a nice 2008 model for 5 lakhs.
Is this the VXi or the Zxi ? Either way, quite a huge depreciation hit (~30%) for a car in just 1 year. Man, the 2nds market seems to be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Just picked up for a friend, a mint NHC Vtec 10th Anniversary edition, black, run only 6600 kms for 6.5L.
10th Anniv edition means 2008 model I guess. Again a 1 year old car with a big depreciation hit of around 30%. Inspite of what we hear about Hondas having more resale value than a Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos
I'd avoid the corolla... feels like driving a washing machine.
That was hilarious. Keep hearing this a lot - what is so bad about a Corolla that it is compared to a washing m/c ?
Old 11th March 2009, 20:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I cant imagine what driving a washing machine feels like. A yacht, a bus , or a boat , possibly , but a washing machine ? thats a very strange analogy!
Old 11th March 2009, 22:44   #36
BHPian

Well, i guess what he means is that a high speed, Corolla 'Rocks".

Pun intended.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:58   #37
BHPian

Yup! 30% depreciation in the 1st year!

Sounds great.

I'll definitely try to find out such mint car in my next buy. (especially Honda)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks