Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 12:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Another question for the boys on this thread, almost the same parameters as skywalker, but running of about 18-20K a year, would you guys suggest the Verna CDRI or definitely direct towards the Verna CRDI?
with 20K on odo per year you might want to consider Verna. What % is your city driving. Also consider the Verna Auto.

did you drive both cars? what is your feeling after the TD?
Old 6th March 2009, 13:30   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
with 20K on odo per year you might want to consider Verna. What % is your city driving. Also consider the Verna Auto.

did you drive both cars? what is your feeling after the TD?
I have not driven either. The city runabout is going to be a good 50% odd.
The new vehicle is going to be a replacement for my Scorpio and I yet cannot digest being in a sedan.
Infact I am even actively cosidering replacing the exising Scorpio with a new one, or adding another Innova to the stable.

manson.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Manson, You can consider Verna CRDi Auto. As your ride includes 50% in city traffic, an automatic transmission will help you a lot.
Old 7th March 2009, 07:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

@manson: suggest you decide after a TD. If you have always loved SUVs, sedans are going to be different anyway. Also consider SX4 - would be a very SUVish Sedan.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:12   #50
oss
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Good choice.

Why did you drop 'Corolla Altis J' out of the reckoning?
Old 7th March 2009, 18:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Good choice.

Why did you drop 'Corolla Altis J' out of the reckoning?
I didn't bother to check it out. No airbags for a 9.6L ex-showroom car sounded very stupid. If they had added airbags & central locking at that price, it would have made a lot of sense. Civic E is any day better.

I like the Corolla for being on of the most practical sedans to own in India.
Old 8th March 2009, 15:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

SkyWalker, congrats for your wise decision on NHC, with good choice of colour which looks splendid on this car.Looking forward to hear more of your experience with the dealer and her pics as well.CHEERS!!!
Old 8th March 2009, 16:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

my colleague who was in the same confusion went for a ANHC after paying advance for verna crdi. His decision was influenced by his parents, spouse and in laws - if you are paying 9 lacs, why buy a hyundai was their question...
Old 8th March 2009, 16:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

@vijay - thanks dude.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:04   #55
Team-BHP Support

Well, I was under the impressios that I was just about mostly going to buy the Verna CRDI SX if I upgrade in the near future. I had not driven one, but was quite convinced by forum discussions, word of moth, etc that this was the car I was going to buy if it was a sub 10L sedan, so convinced that I had already begun thinking on the ICE.
But a brief test drive was a powerful myth buster.

The positives first:
1. Powerful engine, fun to go straightline.

2. Superb Hyundai A.S.S.

3. Exhaustive list of features, ABS, Alloys, Double Din HU, Disc brakes at the rear.

The Negatives:
1. The turbo lag was very prominent, driveability below 2000 rpm felt wierd and jerky.

2. Very little space, I really expected a lot more space from a car that costs 9.3L OTR Mumbai, infact both the time when I shifted he hand brake, it brushed the driver side seat like an obstruction. This is just to give you an idea how tightly sqeezed the interiors felt.

3. The handling has been discussed in detail on various threads, I would only the confirm that the boat like handling characteristics are very prominent even to someone like me who is not used to crisp handling cars. The Scorpio is my daily driver, so that should give you an idea how bad the Verna must have felt.

4. Seated in the front, the rear suspension felt lousy even while on city streets and without pushing the car to even 50% engine potential.

5. The interiors were quite noisy, I expected a quieter cabin for that kind kind of money.

Needless to say, the Verna is pretty much off my list inspite of the fully loaded list of features.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 19th March 2009 at 14:05.
Old 21st March 2009, 07:21   #56
rippergeo

@luke- congrats on the car. You cant go wrong with a Vtec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks