Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3qt0r View Post

Plus I am a very budget bounded customer and I HATE hatchbacks..
yea a very self negating statement.
So is petra a still good second hand car? or is my fate restricted to some hatchback?

Thanks in advance..
Cheers!
If you are budget bounded, then FIAT will not be your cup of tea (no offences meant) as spare prices are on the higher side. If you definitely want a sedan, then you might be better off buying a decent Esteem.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:35   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If you are budget bounded, then FIAT will not be your cup of tea (no offences meant) as spare prices are on the higher side. If you definitely want a sedan, then you might be better off buying a decent Esteem.

None taken...
Infact even I was considering that...
I really do not like the esteem... I feel like puking when I see that car...

I was considering a TATA indigo (second hand) and many of them are on carwale.com for similar price range as petra...

A diesel one or a petrol one and then fitting it with an LPG or CNG kit.

What say?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th March 2009 at 12:06. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th March 2009, 12:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

If your running is going to be less buy the Indigo Petrol as they are still are few and few in between. The chances of getting a good one is higher than the diesel ones which would generally have higher mileage.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I like Fiat as a brand and was thinking of petra which is available on carwale.com second hand for about 2lakhs.(fitted with an LPG kit, 2005 EL PS model)
Why petra, cause one of my relatives has one and the riding experience (not driving - i dont know driving yet :P) was awesome.

I think the price is slightly on higher side. I have a 2004 Petra D ELX for which im getting quotes of 2.45 max!! Was expecting 2.75 atleast. Overall its a brilliant car. Go for it.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:11   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think the price is slightly on higher side. I have a 2004 Petra D ELX for which im getting quotes of 2.45 max!! Was expecting 2.75 atleast. Overall its a brilliant car. Go for it.

And what about the cost of spares? as mr milecruncher said?
Old 24th March 2009, 14:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what about the cost of spares? as mr milecruncher said?
I own 2 Fiats, a Palio and an Uno and let my love for FIAT not spell the doom for you. Spares are expensive. My Uno costs about 4-5K per service and small issues here and there in between. Palio comparatively doesn't give me that problems but still per service is about 3-3.5k. Expect an used car (any make) to come with its share of problems and you will have to spend money on it.

Spare Parts Price Example for the Uno: Radiator Fan - 8K, Alternator - 8K, Head Lamp assembly - 2.3k and so on. Parts generally dont fail but if they do, they do cost a bit.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 24th March 2009 at 14:07.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:29   #37

So how bad is the scene for petra?
Old 24th March 2009, 15:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So how bad is the scene for petra?
I have stopped giving my car to TVS sundaram for service nor do i give to Tata. I give it to a private workshop. Per service i shell out atleast 3-4 k for sure. So i would never say its easy on the pocket. But mine is a diesel. Petrol maint. might be lesser. Recently there was price cut in their spares. So i dont think it would be a big problem to be frank.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I have stopped giving my car to TVS sundaram for service nor do i give to Tata. I give it to a private workshop. Per service i shell out atleast 3-4 k for sure. So i would never say its easy on the pocket. But mine is a diesel. Petrol maint. might be lesser. Recently there was price cut in their spares. So i dont think it would be a big problem to be frank.
@Karan : Both my FIATs are petrol. One is a high mileage go-anywhere all weather car and other is a low mileage. On the Palio I haven't had any breakdown, not even had to fill AC gas even though the car is 5 years old (may be because its very low mileage- Done only 25K), but spares and service when things go wrong are expensive. I had my share of A S S troubles, was stuck in the middle of nowhere due to the alternator belt snap ( read my post on Bolero for that ) and had to spend close to 5 K just to get the car moving and back to FIAT A S S in Hyd for a 600 rupee job.
Old 24th March 2009, 19:48   #40

Regarding the A S S i was thinking abt baleno too..
but am getting a year 2000 model in the same price range...

Am still interested in petra.. :(
Old 30th March 2009, 13:47   #41
BHPian

@x3qt0r, the fiat's will come cheap and will cost more to keep, and it does not end there ,the resale prices will drop big time "if" and when you go to sell it. But the joy of driving the car is the reason if comes into play if you can maintain a fiat, buy it. As a first time car owner the mechanics will have a field day preparing your car bills. all the best.
@ Rudrah i have PM'ed you for an adventure.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@x3qt0r, the fiat's will come cheap and will cost more to keep, and it does not end there ,the resale prices will drop big time "if" and when you go to sell it. But the joy of driving the car is the reason if comes into play if you can maintain a fiat, buy it. As a first time car owner the mechanics will have a field day preparing your car bills. all the best.
@ Rudrah i have PM'ed you for an adventure.
Hi Neo,

I've replied your PM. Check it out...

Regarding spares cost and all...one needs to know the kind of car you are buying and so spares cost are directly related to it. A discontinued model parts may cost higher than the existing parts that are shared from the older version and the new version of the car.

As for me, buying a car should be with respect to drivebility, comfort and decent FE. As soon as you get in the steering wheel, you know this is the car you would want or not!

Cheers~

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks