Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 17:07   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks - must have misunderstood - apologies for the incorrect facts in my recommendation then - mods can you knock that one off please? did you see that ad - two cars and then some sort of rock concert with a girl rushing there and it turns out she is the singer or something like that - I thought it was Diesel AT but I suppose it must have been one that was Diesel and the other that was AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Yup, you are mistaken.. it's 1.4 petrol A/T

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th August 2009 at 17:09.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

i20 advert

i know the ad you are referring to with two i20s - one blue and one red. its a combined ad for two (newly launched) i20 models - one an i20 1.4 ltr petrol automatic; the other the i20 diesel (with a manual tranny).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
thanks - must have misunderstood - apologies for the incorrect facts in my recommendation then - mods can you knock that one off please? did you see that ad - two cars and then some sort of rock concert with a girl rushing there and it turns out she is the singer or something like that - I thought it was Diesel AT but I suppose it must have been one that was Diesel and the other that was AT.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:09   #33
Team-BHP Support

If you have a budget of 10 - 11 lakhs, I would suggest limiting your options to the following:

- ANHC A/T
- Verna A/T (diesel)
- i20 A/T

Basically, I'm suggesting you should leave the i10 out of the equation given the launch of the i20 in automatic.

Here's my priority list in considering the above.

# Only consider the Verna if diesel efficiency is relevant to you. Otherwise, its not in the same league as the City as an overall product on virtually any parameter; the auto tranny in particular is not in the same league as the City technically.

# pick i20 if you don't want a sedan for any reason.

# pick ANHC if you want a sedan.

If you're neutral between the choice of sedan and hatch, I'd say the City is a better buy. All the best in your decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hi All,
I'm looking out for 1st hand automatic sedan car.
What are my options other that ANHC AT.

Requirements:
1. 90% City driving
2. Easy to drive & maneuver.
3. Budget upto 10Lac maybe stretch to 11L OTR Mumbai

I cannot think of any other car other than ANHC. Are there any other options for me

Suggestions please

MKP
Old 18th August 2009, 09:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

With that budget (10-11L), I would recommend only City AT.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:27   #35
BHPian

I10 At

I would still suggest I10 AT is the best car for city driving. I am an owner of an I10 myself (Sportz with MT) but a couple of friends drive i10 AT and they swear by the driveability, comfort and maneuverability which the car provides.

Otherwise, do not look beyond ANHC AT for your budget.

All the best for your choice.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine has picked up a used Civic AT for 10! But its a used one. Not much choice than what others have stated in brand new ones!!

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

hasnt the thread starter bought a car yet ? I can see this thread was started quite a few months back.
Old 16th January 2010, 07:17   #38
BHPian

Which automatic transmission car did you finally get? Or have you postponed your decision to a later point?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:06   #39
BHPian

Try the Corolla Altis AT, I am going for a TD today. Will let you know the feedback on the TD thread. Corolla feels more gripped on the road and also looks class above than a HC / Verna. Corollas typically have a renewal trend of 5 yrs looking at the previous generations. The current model came in 2008 so for next three years I believe its gonna stay in the market As-Is. Heard some stories of a diesel coming this year.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:37   #40
BHPian

Add the SX4 AT too to your list, new VVT engine along with numerous minor changes to the car has made it much more VFM and has all the safety features too which i doubt in the case of Verna
Old 20th January 2010, 14:48   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A friend of mine has picked up a used Civic AT for 10! But its a used one. Not much choice than what others have stated in brand new ones!!
Could have been a Mk.II or even Mk.I. I will not recommend either of these.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:25   #42
BHPian

There is the new SX4 automatic now featuring a VVT engine.
But I'm afraid you may have to wait till April '10. The company isn't manufacturing the automatic version until April.
I have test-driven the SX4 auto. It is nice.

Regards,
Vignesh

Note From Mod : Old thread that has been unnecessarily bumped up. We have newer discussions on AT cars, that include recent launches. This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2010 at 09:59. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks