Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 13:39   #31
BHPian

As much as I love the fiesta S(i drove my friend's quite a bit),am not really sure about the *** part.

For me Fiesta S would be 9.5/10 and SX4 would be 8.5/10.

*** of Ford would be 6/10 and Maruti would be 9/10.

So SX4 is a better bet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And if you thought Maruti spares were cheaper, are you aware that a set of rear lights for a Baleno cost 20k? Dig into this forum and you will get more info.
Maruti spares are by far the cheapest...Please refer to ACA Mar edition.

Among the upper mid size sedans,SX4 is cheapest at 54K.....Fiesta is around 80K...

Maybe Baleno is a discontinued model and so they dont have enough spares for it...I remember the same abt the Peugeot my fater owned

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th March 2009 at 18:02. Reason: see note in post
Old 17th March 2009, 13:54   #32
BHPian

Spares Price comparison ...

Guys ... Here is a post with the spares comparison.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1177682-post425.html

Ofcourse its from a Fiat dealer, but i wouldn't expect the numbers to deviate too much.

The point is, Linea's spares cost is almost same as Maruti. So concerns about *** can be laid to rest. Linea should be really low maintenance.
As long as TATA is there in the picture, no service concerns for Linea.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:50   #33
BHPian

Nice to here that, Fiat is trying very hard to overcome its one & only weak point: ***.

After hearing the experiences, i think most of the BHPians will agree that Linea is more preferable than SX4 (as majority have rated SX4 higher only because of ***).

Go linea go, you have won the semifinal with SX4, now your next fight in the final with only ANHC.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 17th March 2009 at 14:51.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Go linea go, you have won the semifinal with SX4, now your next fight in the final with only ANHC.
Dont think so SX4 wins hands down purely on the basis of engine. Linea is underpowered to an extent and *** still is not known.

I would say Fiesta S is the best drivers car in the segment and
SX4 the best overall(including *** and spares)
Old 17th March 2009, 17:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Dont think so SX4 wins hands down purely on the basis of engine. Linea is underpowered to an extent and *** still is not known.

I would say Fiesta S is the best drivers car in the segment and
SX4 the best overall(including *** and spares)
well, please read the experience of *** of linea in this thread again.

Any way, lets have a poll on,who is the best
Old 17th March 2009, 17:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta S is probably your best bet. The prices of spares is much cheaper now so should not really be an issue.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:08   #37
xPK
BHPian

Comming to the original question, when vfm is concerned, Linea is better than SX4 and Fiesta.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:31   #38
BHPian

Sx4

I guess engine is an important part of the car and putting a 1.4L engine capable of producing only 90bhp in a car as heavy as a Linea is certainly not VFM.

If you spend 7.5-8L,you need a fast car as well. And thats where SX4 and Fiesta S would beat Linea hands down.

I still feel Fiesta S in an Aquarius color looks the coolest and if you want the hunky SUV styling,SX4 is the car for you.

Linea with a 1.4L turbo petrol(120 bhp) would have made the car best in class.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I guess engine is an important part of the car and putting a 1.4L engine capable of producing only 90bhp in a car as heavy as a Linea is certainly not VFM.

If you spend 7.5-8L,you need a fast car as well. And thats where SX4 and Fiesta S would beat Linea hands down.

I still feel Fiesta S in an Aquarius color looks the coolest and if you want the hunky SUV styling,SX4 is the car for you.

SX4 a fast car? Surprising? can say this only after 2500 RPM, when the engine cry becomes too loud to bear by ears.

Fiesta is now an old dated car (changing price pathetically). And a fantastic new version is about to come, that will be an interesting to see performing in India.

So right now, a refreshing new linea is the way to go.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 17th March 2009 at 23:56.
Old 18th March 2009, 00:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
My 2 Cents:

It is all upto you. You could hear a lot of people talk about Linea being good and SX4 being good for some. You will hear a lot loud voices about Linea these days, why because it is new kid in town and refreshingly new looks. I love it too, no second thought about that. The key is in finding in both car the best fit car for you
He stole the words out of my mouth. I find it a bit odd and biased that people define "one good car" out of all the options. Linea, Fiesta S, SX4.. ANHC .. all great cars, but they do have their pluses and minues don't they? Key is: What do YOU want? I think you have enough info to dig that out! Please do keep us posted.
Old 18th March 2009, 00:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Going by the same logic, NHC i-DSi was 77 bhp and no way fast. And still, it sold like hot cakes till they phased it out, so target customer base clearly thinks otherwise.

Though there is no official breakup, NHC i-DSI outsells NHC Vtec by huge margin.

Octavia 1.9TDi employs similarly powered engine for similar kerb weight for D-Segment car and yet is hugely popular.

Having said that, I would have loved to see much more powerful engine for Linea.
Old 18th March 2009, 01:06   #42
BHPian

sx4 good :good A.S.S,resale, maruti trust, offroad capability
bad: middle row seat, reversing is a pain, fuel economy. tyre noise.

linea :bad first. underpowered engine. its wont matters. 90 bhp here 100 bhp there.
lots of good stuff. good interiors. rear A/c vents looks. blue and me. my car. chrome garnishes, long coupe type shape. looks different looks a class above. just beautiful.

go for linea !!!! dont worry.
Old 18th March 2009, 01:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:

purely on looks. i like 3 cars. sx4 with mga body kit. whos tha man now!! lolz hunky chunky. its style comes from sx4 4x4 suv and its a crossover sedan. it has some offroading capabilities. for which its good.

linea just for its classy styling and coupe like shape. its not sporty. it femnine and its more curvy. italian model like!!

fiesta. 1.6 loaded with chrome exhaust to sporty side skirts etc. young energetic and just cool!

one should choose by his heart and his own taste and persona
Old 18th March 2009, 18:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Going by the same logic, NHC i-DSi was 77 bhp and no way fast. And still, it sold like hot cakes till they phased it out, so target customer base clearly thinks otherwise.
...But thats due to the fact Honda was clever with the gear ratios..So although it was 77bhp,0-100 took around 13 secs(just a sec slower than SX4 or Fiesta).....Linea on the other hand takes around 16 secs which is way way slower...

But yes,if you dont consider the engine too much,Linea is a fantastic car...

Like you,I am also waiting if they launch the T-Petrol.
Old 18th March 2009, 19:41   #45
BHPian

I would rather, you buy the Linea Diesel. Its got the proven high miler from swift.

Great looks with better mileage and a tad bit more resale value.

I bought a petrol Fiesta S, though I do love the drive, I guess I could have used the diesel's lighter on the fuel pump front to reduce the Total cost of ownership. I estimated that I would drive around 700 KM a month. But in three months Its already 4500 KM. So estimates can go wrong.

I did go look up the Linea a few days after the launch. I just could not believe that they were offering it at that price. My only consolation was they did mess up on the engine front. Or I would have started feeling ,' I should have waited another month before closing my fiesta S deal. I think they may yet bring in a better powered powerplant later this year or early next year, once the FIAT == Thirsty engine preception goes down a bit.

Only reason you may look at the Linea petrol at this point is because the high water mark on your your budget stops at that price point.

The A.S.S part-- I did talk to atleast three friends who have palio, it was the same thing reality being things were ok, perception being its all lousy. So dont worry too much on A.S.S. front.

SX4 less said the better. I still remember the thread on a SX4 test drive that went all wrong on Bangalore intermediate ring road. Also I did not personally like SX4's odd ball looks or its iffy interiors and the prospect of rattling doors in under two years.

If you are holding the car for five years resale be damned.

Any way after Nano's launch resale price points may change for the worse in the A,B,C segments.
You buy a car based on its use case and reliability. Resale got to improve for Fiat, They cant afford to let linea fail, it will hurt the Grade Punto thats up next later this year and
I do not see how they let that happen.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks