Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 20:11   #1
BHPian

Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned)

I do not if it fair to have a comparison. but let the views come. I will explain why need for such a comparo.
My requirements- Sedan in range 8-9 lacs. can stretch max 10-10.5. mainly rear seat city driving.
I have TD mostly all sedans and zeroed on Honda City (ANHC). But the recent drop in civic prices have got me thinking. Having TDed both city and civic, my views.

HONDA CITY
Positives: Well rounded package. Good space at the rear. powerful engine with good FE. good resale value. recent model and no newer models in next 4-5 yrs.
Negatives: Interiors quality and color. Engine noise. absence of frills like Alloys, ACC etc.

HONDA CIVIC E
Positive: Higher segment car, interiors are fabulous. Engine is powerful. rear seat comfort is good
Negatives: expensive by 2 lacs, Absence of frills. Suspension is soft. any craters (so common in NCR roads) are transmitted and car botttoms out ()really scary, was told by the sales-man during TD that luxury cars like civic are not meant for driving through pot-holes at high speeds (60-70 kmph) ).

HONDA CIVIC V (Pre-owned)
Really shocking to know the after-market civic prices. 2007 sept Civic V ~ 20-25K available for 7.8 lacs. less than ANHC EMT

so these points have set me thinking whether is it worth buying Civic E at an extra cost of 2 lacs or may be trying a pre-owned civic is a good idea.

i have a time horizon of 3-4 months to buy the car
thanks in advance for your comments

Last edited by drkunaldas : 14th March 2009 at 20:13.
Old 14th March 2009, 21:03   #2
BHPian

I would suggest you have a look at new Corolla Altis as well. Civic and City are fantastic drivers cars but, not so much for back seat drivers. I have read on forum in many threads that Corolla Altis has a better back seat than Civic. From my personal experience with Civic, back seat is a tad too low as compared with my earlier car (Ikon 1.6)
Old 14th March 2009, 23:53   #3
BHPian

Pre owned civic makes better sense. Resale value notwithstanding, its the better car, Just looking at civic's dash is enough to convince.Its engine is far smoother than the City. City's novelty factor will wear off sooner than later.
Old 16th March 2009, 00:27   #4
BHPian

Whats your monthly running?

Civic is the choice for you as its a proven higher segment super car but has a bad FE 8-9 KMPL (as ANHC is way over price & Maruti like interiors).

I still feel, new E is better that used V.

Put some good after fittings and you will enjoy a brand new car, the feeling, comfort, peace of mind & pride one can never get from used one.

If your daily running road is full of pot holes & Speed breakers! than you can think of for Altis (great all rounder) too.
Old 31st October 2010, 18:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

As you are comparing Civic/ANHC, I think petrols is on your mind.

If you do not need the power Civic provides, close your eyes and go for the City. The difference is 1.8 to 1.5 and so economics as well. We recently sold Civic for Superb but it was a tough decision to let her go. We immediately replaced it with ANHC.

However this was in June, there are more options available now. I am sure you will look at 1.4 Tjet and Vento. If still you are going with the Honda. Then ANHC is for you.

Cheers!

Note from Moderator: More than a year old thread bumped. Closing thread.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st November 2010 at 00:46. Reason: Adding closure note.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks