Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 19:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manson,
Just came across your thread.
I don't own a Magnum or a laura but we have 2 Laura's and 3 Octi's in the family and i have driven both Laura and Magnum so do have an idea.

If we talk about the drive Magnum is really really good. I always feel Laura is slower.
Image of Laura is on the higher side in India however so is the spares cost,service costs.
A.S.S for Laura is quiet famous on forum now due to valuable inputs from few people however i had seen it myself the kind of cheating which goes on in the Skoda service station so am quiet wary of Skoda's.

If i was in your position Magnum would be my way to go in every regard irrespective of GM's current state of affairs.

I feel your dad is the finally decision maker in this regard and he has an inclination towards Laura mainly due to the brand image so i do feel that may turn out to be your final choice as well

Also maybe your TD car for magnum wasn't in good condition. I drove a LT model(which was not a TD car but someone's personal car) 2 months back and brakes were rock solid and gives quiet an assurance.

Last edited by harry10 : 26th March 2009 at 19:41.
Old 26th March 2009, 19:39   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

@ manson: My TD with a Magnum TCDi didn't throw up any brakes issues. That is probably a problem specific to your TD vehicle. Good you're going for another vehicle to TD.
Old 26th March 2009, 19:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Getting the Magnum without ABS is a surefire way to enter the pearly gates, backwards, on fire.

Get ABS.

Get the Lt with abs and airbags first thing to do would be to change the stock tyres they have no grip and when u apply the brakes the wheels stop but the car dosent
i would advice michellin pp2 205/55/15 i have them on my car
also if u have some more money to burn the get the piggyback ecu from race dynamics will boost bhp from 120 to 144 and cyclone storm air filter with stabilisation kit should make it 150 bhp
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:20   #64
BHPian

I am driving a Magnum LT for last 7 months and have covered 10000 km. It has been a comfortable and satisfying journey so far. I have no inhibition in recommending the car to anyone. If you want comfort, luxury and economy in a car, look no further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks