Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:03   #1
agm
BHPian

Need Advice

Hii All,

Have been planning to buy a new car(sedan) in 8 Lakh range since 2-3 months but not able to decide and dont think there is any other better place for suggestion then T-bhp.Looking for Petrol car as my monthly running will around 1000km,i wont mind going for a diesel but since the time i am using Swift(undisputed rattling king) i prefer a petrol and my running dont permit me a diesel vehicle.Nothing wrong with swift infact its a fun to drive car but soo much noise from every where which is soo irritating

I'll be driving this car and no driver nothing.So,initially thought of Fiesta S as have heard lots of goodies about it being a drivers car etc and then saw Sports(Aqua) couple of days back in some mela which took place in the town and asked the ford guy for a test ride and he'll bring the car at my place today in the evening.but only concerned for me is A*S*S which i have heard from few aint that good here at my place and then the high maintainance cost so would like few of Fiesta owners put some light on the maintainance cost etc?at the same time have read here that a new fiesta will be launched soon so this too is a big concern to me.

Linea just love this car and it was my first and only choice before it was launched everything is just awesome about this car except for the engine which is sluggish/underpowered have not yet taken a test drive but this is what i have heard/read but cant take this car out of equation as it has always been my first choice.

ANHC Earlier use to like its look but then slowly have started feeling this looks more like a chinese car but still its pretty decent look wise.has got a fantabulous V-tec heart,good resale value(going to keep my car for atleast 4-5 yrs) ,H Badge ,Good A*S*S.but poor quality interiors dont look like a honda from inside except for the steering,what i have heard a/c aint that effective,atrocious spare part cost.Due to high price tag i need to settle for E version as S would set me back by 9+ Lakh which is way over my budget.

Wont mind going for a premium hatch but only i20 and not Fabia.

SX4-NO i think there are better option in the same price range compared to SX4.

So guys what do you suggest,i am a novice so badly need all you suggestions/ useful inputs.
thanks in advance
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Have you considered the NHC? its still available from many dealers, and it would now easily come close to 7L. Its still a great car.
Fiesta S is a well priced, good featured car. Not sure about the spares and service though.
Linea is an absolute VFM and a good looker, and has all gadgets you need at this budget

ANHC - i find the A/C to be very good, but then i have vkool at the front and i am in Bangalore.
I would stay away from SX4 and Verna Petrol.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 23rd March 2009 at 15:11.
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well the Fiesta 1.6S would be the best drivers car at that range. Do some research on the A.S.S at your place. The price of spares must be slightly on the higher side for ford. But the car is real pleasure to drive around.

ANother competitor would be the Linea Petrol for sheer value for money. HAve a test drive of this one too and decide.
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for driver oriented car then Fiesta-S is the right replacement for swift. If you have A.S.S at your place, then need not worry. Ford services had improved.

Personally feel better than FIAT (Long duration of waiting for spares to get replaced etc.)

City guess you know: lot of cost cutting measures taken, expect the resale value.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:26   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Have you considered the NHC? its still available from many dealers, and it would now easily come close to 7L. Its still a great car.
Fiesta S is a well priced, good featured car. Not sure about the spares and service though.
Linea is an absolute VFM and a good looker, and has all gadgets you need at this budget

ANHC - i find the A/C to be very good, but then i have vkool at the front and i am in Bangalore.
I would stay away from SX4 and Verna Petrol.
My words stolen!

NHC is the car of your dream in 8Lacs budget.

Of course it is discontinued, IMO its still better than SX4, Verna (Petrol), Aveo, Fiesta.

ANHC tooooooooo expensive with Maruti 800 interiors / no fogs / no alloys.

check the following thread, will help you a lot.

Does it make sense to buy NHC now?

Best of luck for finding your dream.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

My choice will be
  1. Fiesta S - The blue makes it look like the old impreza.
  2. Verna VGT - I suggest you take the TD. You will definitely get hooked with the pick up post 1500 RPM.
  3. Linea Petrol - Might make sense to wait as we hear that 1.6 L engine is getting tested. You can also wait for the Grande Punto which is going to launched soon.
Cheers
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:27   #7
agm
BHPian

Thanks so much guys for those quick reply.

Have already asked honda executive about the ZX GXi which he said is 8.3L onroad here and he'll give me 8-10K discount but for that he'll talk to his higher authority, 10K accesseries free which i think aint a good deal by a long shot thats why dropped the idea of NHC

Took a Fiesta S test drive in the evening and i must admit even when i am not a Ford fan but still loved that car ike anything. very true Fiesta is indeed fun to drive vehicle/drivers car.asked the executive about the A/S/S and he said Sir i admit that earlier lots of customers were not satisfied with our after sales service but thing have change quite a lot we have got new mechanics so you dont have to worry Blah blah dont know how true is that.called my cousins who had Fiesta but sold within a years time because they were not getting proper service,one of my cousin even said dont even think bout Ford *car jaisi jati hai bus waise hi wash ho ke aa jati hai* i am really confused.

Linea petrol top model will take atleast 2-3 months for delivery thats shocking.i asked why he said their is a shortage for top model.Can it be true?

Where as ANHC is readily available

I was about to ask you guys about the Verna petrol but someone already wrote that its not even worth considering.

Now even more confused,ya GP would have been ideal car for me if it has the same engine as linea but no idea when it will be launched.

So guys what i should do now?should trust that ford executive that there after sales service has improved and go ahead with Fiesta S?he is ready to give me 15K discount at the same time Free insurance as well as 10K worth free accesseries.

I even took a test drive for i20 its underpowered no two ways.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post

Linea petrol top model will take atleast 2-3 months for delivery thats shocking.i asked why he said their is a shortage for top model.Can it be true?

Where as ANHC is readily available

I was about to ask you guys about the Verna petrol but someone already wrote that its not even worth considering.

Now even more confused,ya GP would have been ideal car for me if it has the same engine as linea but no idea when it will be launched.

So guys what i should do now?should trust that ford executive that there after sales service has improved and go ahead with Fiesta S?he is ready to give me 15K discount at the same time Free insurance as well as 10K worth free accesseries.
Regarding Linea it is very True. Someone from Hyd T-BHP got a Petrol Linea and he also said that there is a 2 month wait. When I went for my Safari to Concorde in Hyd, the Manager told me that they had expected to sell more of the base model but the situation has reversed and hence a big wait. I guess finally FIAT is getting accepted in India.

Now coming to your problem, this is what I would do:
  1. Even though I have liked Honda's in Europe and UK, over here they are very highly priced and the dealer thinks that they are doing a favour by selling the car. Honda is only charging for the engine in ANHC. Equipment levels are abysmal.
  2. If you need a replacement and cannot any more postpone your purchase, go with the Fiesta S and buy the blue colour. If you buy before 31st March, you might be able to extract some more discount.
  3. If this is a 2nd/3rd car then wait till June for the GP to launch. For further exact dates of the launch, search the forum and ET and thou shalt get your answer.
My 2 cents

Last edited by MileCruncher : 23rd March 2009 at 22:01.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Thanks so much guys for those quick reply.

Have already asked honda executive about the ZX GXi which he said is 8.3L onroad here and he'll give me 8-10K discount but for that he'll talk to his higher authority, 10K accesseries free which i think aint a good deal by a long shot thats why dropped the idea of NHC .
Surprising!!!

Ask to other dealers, only 10K discount is no way to go for ZX GXI, even ANHC is offered with that discounts (Corporates and others)

I am sure you will end up with a very decent deal.
Old 24th March 2009, 16:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

My 2 choices listed below -

Linea Petrol Emotion.
NHC

I absolutely adore the NHC looks. It's a good car and I suppose near the 8 Lac mark OTR.

Linea on the other hand is a very good vehicle and I have heard many people praise it for its VFM factor.

TD both of these and decide yourself. Also keep in mind the service center availability in Raipur for FIAT / TATA if you buy the Linea.
Old 27th March 2009, 01:18   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Fun to Drive car? Look no further than the Fiesta S.
The NHC is a good option at that price, but it has poor visibility and is not fun to drive, specially after driving the fiesta.
Same with the verna. It isn't fun to drive and I am not a big fan of its looks and interiors either. Also heard that the suspension is quite bad at speed.
Linea is a beautiful car, and is a good all rounder. However, visibility and pick up isn't the best.

The fiesta, my choice, is a very good drivers car, in fact the best in its segment. However, rear seat is cramped. Apart from that it is a beautiful car. 1.6 Owners haven't complained too much about the service costs, and the car seems reliable so far.
However, check if your dealer is compatible before buying one.
Old 27th March 2009, 01:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Fiesta S. Try to maintain a relationship with the A.S.S guys, and you will be better off. Fiesta is a reliable car, from what I know.
Old 27th March 2009, 02:47   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
The initial batches of the fiesta did have some small niggling problems, but at the end of the day it actually is pretty amazing! Our Fiesta's A.C. showed problems withing the first few months and there are some small squeaks and rattles, but today, the car runs perfectly, even after 3 years/45Kkm on some of Mumbai's worst roads. There are no new rattles cropping up, suspension looks good, the car is still a hoot to drive in the city etc.

From my experience with 2 Ikons and the fiesta, Fords are actually very rugged vehicles. Like well put together Tata's and Fiats. The Ikons were used by the company in the later years of the ownership and have taken some of the abuse quite well and I don't think the fiesta would be any worse if subjected to those conditions. Ever wonder why many Private Taxi's are Ikons?

I drove our Ikon after it had seen a lot of abuse and had gone through 4 owners and 1L+ km, and even though the suspension was kaput, the car drove beautifully!

BTW, if it helps, the max we spent on servicing our Diesel fiesta was 5.5K for the 50Kkm service which included changing the oils and the filters. The Petrol should be cheaper.

Last edited by lamborghini : 27th March 2009 at 02:48.
Old 27th March 2009, 08:21   #14
BHPian

mate!! now the wait is not long for linea. seems it is getting delivered in 3 weeks in chennai

i was in same position as u

SEE THIS THREAD

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...on-pk-vfm.html

SEE FOR MY LINEA TSET DRIVE REPORT.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-pk-vfm-9.html

the engine is not that much underpowered as you think
Old 27th March 2009, 08:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
ANHC Earlier use to like its look but then slowly have started feeling this looks more like a chinese car but still its pretty decent look wise.has got a fantabulous V-tec heart,good resale value(going to keep my car for atleast 4-5 yrs) ,H Badge ,Good A*S*S.but poor quality interiors dont look like a honda from inside except for the steering,what i have heard a/c aint that effective,atrocious spare part cost.Due to high price tag i need to settle for E version as S would set me back by 9+ Lakh which is way over my budget
true true
the price is getting higher from april 1st its going from 9.22 lakhs ( on road chennai) to 9.55 l. definitely not worth for a car that does not even have a alloys and fog lamps for that pricing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks