Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 13:49   #1

Verna Petrol or the ANHC

Hi Guys

Planning to buy a petrol sedan. My driving is 1000kms a month so do not require a diesel car. Have shortlisted :

Verna Petrol fully loaded ABS damage 745000 on road
ANHC S MT damage 905000 on road

Test drove the SX4 but the seating for two in back seat and obstruction of rear view have made me drop it.

The ANHC has become tooo expensive with the recent price hike. Would like to know how is the verna petrol. Everone seems to resent the car. I plan to keep the car for 5 years.

Thanks
Old 12th April 2009, 00:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A no-brainer, of course the ANHC. It looks better (IMO), is quicker, more fuel efficient, has far superior road manners and more comfortable interiors. The Verna diesel makes a case of itself, but not the lacklustre petrol. The petrol will depreciate quicker and I hate the Vernas handling.

Go for the ANHC, additional premium is well spent.
Old 12th April 2009, 01:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

ANHC. to me it's more driver oriented, more modern and has honda reliability and image.
also, it looks coooooler, boss
Somehow the looks of the Verna never appealed to me, and if I were buying, looks would play a substantial part!
Is the ANHC worth the premium? IMO, yes!

cheers
Old 12th April 2009, 01:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

Between the two, ANHC.

The premium you pay now will come back to you later when you sell off the car.

Ford Fiesta and Linea are also worth a look.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

ANHC all the way. Even at a 1.5L discount verna P just wont make the cut against ANHC.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would pick the ANHC too. Overall it's a better car. From what I understand, the Verna top end variant comes with alloys, fog lights and ACC. Honda will give you steering mounted audio controls but none of the others. Still, it's worth going in for the Honda.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:31   #7
BHPian

Between your choice, it has to be ANHC.

Yes, you will recover that extra premium you pay, when you'll gonna sell your car.

But beware of additional stuff, that Honda will put after 2 years (Fogs, interiors, ACC etc), that you will painfully miss in your ANHC.

Try Fully loaded Petrol Linea too (initial reviews are good.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 13th April 2009 at 14:44.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:23   #8
oss
BHPian

Between ANHC & Verna it is ANHC anyday. Verna doesn't even stand half a chance.

Have you checked out Fiesta 1.6? Think you should take a look at it as well before deciding.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:25   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Between ANHC & Verna it is ANHC anyday. Verna doesn't even stand half a chance.

Have you checked out Fiesta 1.6? Think you should take a look at it as well before deciding.
and the Fiat Linea.

feels nice to have so many options to confuse people with.

May whatever you buy make you very happy. Amen.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am almost in the same dilemma but with a minor difference of brand here, that is Verna 1.6 VTVT Sx (high-end petrol) with the Fiesta 1.6 duratec ZXI. My budget is within 8 big ones though. Here are the details as of today;

Verna 1.6 VTVT SX = On road comes to 818250 (after a 30k discount : 10k monthly discount and a 20k exchange bonus), it has ABS, EBD, Auto AC, Driver arm rest, rear centre arm rest, alloys, fog lamps etc to speak of the important features.

Fiesta Duratec 1.6 ZXI = On road comes to 753000 (after some corporate discount and 15k free accessories discount which can be converted to cash bonus. And this is just 23k more than the basic Verna 1.6 VTVT which has none of the features of the higher-end petrol of verna). Fiesta ZXI has ABS, EBD, and most of the features of the verna higher-end except the alloys.

Its a real confusion to chose one now. I have TDed Verna already also the i20 Asta. Tomorow I will TD Fiesta too. My search was started with the i20 and now I have ended up in a sedan search. Hope to decide soon, so that I can book my new car this week. Diesel is totaly out of budget and my plan as the usage is less than 500 kms a month. Please give some suggestions, so that I can make up my mind faster. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx - If you're not going for the diesel, avoid the Verna altogether. The petrol Verna is an insipid monster, thats neither a top performer nor very fuel efficient. The handling is also nothing to write home about.

The 1.6 Fiesta on the other hand, will give you very good performance and handling.

As far as creature comforts are concerned, I personally think the Verna is more spacious and offers more features. The Automatic climate control and arm rest are 2 features which I use a lot myself! However, in an overall picture, I still think a car with better performance and handling makes sense. Go for the Fiesta.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:38   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fiesta Duratec 1.6 ZXI = On road comes to 753000
Wasn't there a 5.5 lakh offer on the Fiesta 1.6 only recently? Please search the forum to find the relevant thread.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
The petrol Verna is an insipid monster, thats neither a top performer nor very fuel efficient....The 1.6 Fiesta on the other hand, will give you very good performance and handling. Go for the Fiesta.
Thanks. Anyway I will do the TD of Fiesta 1.6 ZXI tomorow. Somehow Fusion Plus Petrol also comes with all the ABS, EBD, 15" alloys, highest ground clearance of 198mm all less than fiesta cost. I have to book my new vehicle this week by any chance. Atleast I will have one delivered before 5th of July. I liked the i20 Asta, waiting period is 2 months and the cost comes to 6.65 which did not justify in my conscience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wasn't there a 5.5 lakh offer on the Fiesta 1.6 only recently? Please search the forum to find the relevant thread.
What I had quoted earlier is the dealer price as of this week, with the free insurance and close to 15k cash discount or accessories and yes its of 1.6 Duratec ZXI.

Last edited by shajufx : 16th June 2009 at 20:08.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Flexifusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Somehow Fusion Plus Petrol also comes with all the ABS, EBD, 15" alloys, highest ground clearance of 198mm all less than fiesta cost. I have to book my new vehicle this week by any chance.

I liked the i20 Asta, waiting period is 2 months and the cost comes to 6.65 which did not justify in my conscience.
The Fusion plus is a very flexible vehicle. I had heard a lot of negative feedback about it, but it turned out to be a spacious, easy to drive runabout when I tested it. The only reason I didnt buy it because it was because of the quality of the dash plastics, and it was after all a large hatchback!

Since you dont have problems with a hatchback, why not consider the Fusion after all?

@GTO - I believe the 5.5L offer was for the petrol EXI. He's going in for the ZXI.
Old 16th June 2009, 21:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

My TD for 1.6 ZXI is fixed for tomorow, but they dont have a TD vehicle other than 1.6 S (sports). As the engine specifications are all the same other than cosmetic changes, I agreed. While checking for Fusion Plus, not only they lack a TD car but also the dealer is claiming Fusion Plus will stop production without much delay. Another shock was hearing the waiting period of 14 weeks !! Terrific !! I will cross check with other dealer too, otherwise it will be back to Verna Vs Fiesta !

Most Viewed