Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 23:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
There was this quote by the well known auto consultant, Tutu Dhawan, on a TV channel, who said that only 70 odd service centres ACROSS THE WHOLE OF INDIA are capable of servicing the Linea.
This tutu guy is an idiot. I have heard some of the advice he has given and I pity the people who take them.

Granted FIAT's service centres are small, but FIAT is taking all the right steps. We must give them time to play their game. Maruti took friggin 25 years to get to where they are. And they did it with government sponsorship. It did not happen over night.

If you want to buy a FIAT now, its a bit of a gamble, I have to agree. But buying a FIAT about 2-4 years down the line - if these guys continue doing the good job they have started - will be a no brainer. They make some of the best budget cars in the world.
Old 14th April 2009, 01:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Linea is selling Pretty well here in Punjab
+1

You can see at least one of them every hour in Phagwara on the highway. Kinda a dozen in a day. I'm liking Linea.. ferrari like high but swollen rear
Old 14th April 2009, 08:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Is it really time to decide? And how does it really matter. Arent there enough cars out there?
Old 14th April 2009, 10:16   #49
BHPian

Many of the users here are having wrong perception about the car being underpower. Initially even I had the same feeling. I took 3rd time test drive and thought to push the car this time. It was mulitjet, we 4 were sitting, and when I floored the accelerator, it was zoomed like anything, in no time it was doing 100 KMPH in 3rd gear. this time car had done its 1st service. Even people at back seat was amazed by its performance.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you, gemi.

Isn't it too early to decide? the Linea has been around for only 3-4 months and the actual deliveries have picked up only recently. But here are my observations:

1. The Petrol seems to be selling in decent numbers too (based on what I see on the roads). So obviously not everybody is looking for lowest cost-per-kilometre. I think it's the attractive sticker price of the petrol version with double-digit FE most of the time. That's reasonable for a C+ sedan.

2. There are hardly any takers for the Active and some for Dynamic. Fiat made a mistake in predicting the market on that one. It's like the SX4 VXi which hardly sold.

Double digit FE on petrol and 15+ city FE on diesel. Improve Service and let good ASC tackle the Linea. The atmosphere in some of the new Tata-Fiat dealers / service centres has to be seen to be believed. Maybe it's just the honeymoon period. Fiat seems to have got that bit right. But it's the implementation that will work, not just the strategy.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
The Petrol seems to be selling in decent numbers too (based on what I see on the roads).
Could you tell us how you diffrentiate between the petrol and diesel? From the rear you cannot tell if it's petrol or diesel, the front of course, has the multijet on the grille. Also, I wonder why Fiat didn't have a separate badge for the emotion+.
Old 14th April 2009, 21:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

@Amit- +1.
Not the first time i am agreeing with you and i feel wont be the last as well.
I'll leave the debate to more knowledgable people.
I see around 2-3 Lineas everyday while coming from home(fbd) to office(noida). On weekend i see 7-8 lineas around the NCR atleast.

So it seems to be selling in decent numbers at the moment(most deliveries started in march so give it another 2-3 months before declaring it hit or flop)
Old 15th April 2009, 16:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Could you tell us how you diffrentiate between the petrol and diesel? From the rear you cannot tell if it's petrol or diesel, the front of course, has the multijet on the grille. Also, I wonder why Fiat didn't have a separate badge for the emotion+.
Emotion / Emotion+: I differentiate by alloys. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought only emotion+ had alloys for diesel and emotion had alloys for petrol.

Petrol / Diesel: Overtake and wait for the next traffic jam / red light to check the mirrors, which is going to happen every 300-400 m on most Delhi roads during peak hours. .
Old 15th April 2009, 16:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

I find it very funny that people who are the owners of Linea find the power and torque alright but its the non-owners are shouting on the top of their lungs that it is underpowered. I wonder if they are on a propaganda here?

To me Linea is a beautiful car. There isnt a car in its segment that looks even half as good as it does, Honda Civic included. I am sold on looks alone, a decent diesel, interiors and pricing are a bonus.
Old 16th April 2009, 14:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Normally Indians use the Engine capacity to determine the class of a car. Linea being a 1.3 Diesel and 1.4 Petrol doesn't really fit into this segment.
Very true. That is what almost everyone asks. What is the cc of this car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I see some Lineas in action on the roads and they are definitely not slow coaches in the city. One took the steep grade between the two Taj Hotels very neatly.
That is what I had been trying to tell people. It is not a rocket, but definitely not slow. Try coming behind me on a real road with any car within C+ segment. I can take that challenge. There is obviously a lag in the lower rpm. But it is capable enough of spinning the wheels on a steep road from standstill with four people in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I find it very funny that people who are the owners of Linea find the power and torque alright but its the non-owners are shouting on the top of their lungs that it is underpowered. I wonder if they are on a propaganda here?
Exactly. Even my friend (a team-bhpian as well) who had driven my Linea on single lane on long drive was commenting the same that people are complaining of its power without driving it. He found it easy to overtake on single lanes as well. BTW, he drives SX4 and he does not feel that Linea is underpowered.

People are simply creating a hypothetical opinion. Even before launch itself, people were ga ga over its power. Those who are complaining of Linea power, I suggest that take a test drive at least for a while.

Linea is a car, with so many positive factors, with no negative factor (probably resale? we will come to know that later) and with a few average points, such as in power, A.S.S., there is hardly anything I can think of complaining compared to the competitions.

I hate to praise a car that I own, but sometimes people give such biased opinions that many people who look upto team bhp as a guide will be really surprised how poorly Linea is powered, which is fortunately untrue.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:23   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

To me Linea is a beautiful car. There isnt a car in its segment that looks even half as good as it does, Honda Civic included. I am sold on looks alone, a decent diesel, interiors and pricing are a bonus.
+1 to that.
Do you know what would have happened if Linea was launched by Maruti or Volkswagen? The same people would have hailed it as a great car with a great engine which though seems smaller but delivers higher or required power because of the fantastic enginneering & tuning by Maruti or Volkswagen.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
+1 to that.
Do you know what would have happened if Linea was launched by Maruti or Volkswagen? The same people would have hailed it as a great car with a great engine which though seems smaller but delivers higher or required power because of the fantastic enginneering & tuning by Maruti or Volkswagen.

Very true

And to me there is one more point to be added. People who dont own a Fiat have their voices on top of their lungs bashing the A*S*S.
I own a Linea and have been twice to the service center. The job was done pretty quickly and also the parts were available.
Also I dont find Linea under powered anywhere. City and Highway both.

Again as Opendro said its not a rocket but not bad either.

Last edited by Prash : 16th April 2009 at 15:40. Reason: spelt it wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks