Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 15:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

If your original reasons for buying the Esteem still hold good, like no-nonsense, economic ownership experience, easy servicing, then go for the Logan. I think, if looks were not an issue, this is right now the most VFM car to have. Just like the Esteem, it has become quite popular with a lot of luxury taxi operators - that's the sign of a no-nonsense car.
Personally I drive an Esteem.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
If your original reasons for buying the Esteem still hold good, like no-nonsense, economic ownership experience, easy servicing, then go for the Logan. I think, if looks were not an issue, this is right now the most VFM car to have. Personally I drive an Esteem.
I agree Logan is a VFM vehicle.

Quote:
Just like the Esteem, it has become quite popular with a lot of luxury taxi operators - that's the sign of a no-nonsense car.
The above mentioned and the looks is what makes me to stay away from this vehicle and i don't think Esteem was used as a Taxi or could be i have not seen them in taxi Avatar.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
i don't think Esteem was used as a Taxi or could be i have not seen them in taxi Avatar.
The white Esteem used to be the ultimate luxury taxi of yesteryears, when this country didn't have anything other than Ambys. After that the Honda and Lancer came along. - again two very popular luxury taxis. Now Logan is ruling the roost. At the bottom end of course we have the Indica.
When Indian taxi operators adopt a particular model you should know something is right with that car.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys can you let me know the advantages & disadvantages of owning a GM Optra Magnum at this time.

Can you guys also let me know is it a good thing to go for used car and can you name them out at the budget of 8-10L diesel Luxury Sedan version.
Old 17th April 2009, 21:25   #35
BHPian

buying a used car is a fantastic idea considering today's used car market. You can get a good bargain. Below are some inputs from me.

Skoda octavia - used car price starts from 3 Lacs. You can find a very good car for 4-5 lacs ( Mum prices)

Skoda Superb Diesel - 8-10 lacs

Skoda Laura - 8 lacs onwards

Merc C class - 7-8 yrs old - 9 lacs +

Hyundai Sonata Embera Diesel- 7 lacs +

Hyundai Elantra - 4 lacs and above ( this is my strong suggestion)

Toyota Corolla (Petrol) - 5 lacs onwards

Just make sure you are not buying a car which has done 40k or more already.

Raneesh
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:32   #36
BHPian

I am sure your esteem would have given you you trouble free service till today, you may also expect the same in your new car also, ofcourse who wants to visit service center often except for regular service.

I would recommend for SX4, it is very much a practical vehicle and easy ingress/eagress comparing Esteem, Maruti service, good VFM and i suggest you to go with ABS/Airbag.

-MUKE
Old 26th April 2009, 13:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

gowda, if you can wait till sx4 diesel launches, it would be a good buy as you already are satisfied maruti customer with fiat's multijet engine.
Old 26th April 2009, 17:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

If Maruti comes with 1.6 or 1.9L Diesel engine in SX4 i would prefer it and close my eyes and go with it.

As per the rumours it is 1.3L Diesel engine which will be released and according to everyone this engine is not well suited with the body of SX4, very less power compared with the weight of the car.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys could anyone list out the AT DIESEL vehicles either Sedan or Hatchback, as my mom and sis in law have started driving i guess i need to go for a AT to make driving simpler for the 2 important ladies in the family.

Last edited by gowda79 : 21st July 2009 at 21:44.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

My choice on sedan is used Optra magnum and take advantage of the resale value of GM here.we have very good low run 07/08 sedan available for 7L here in B'lore.
else look for Innova-G4,good with new face lift etc.
Last but not least Cedia or Elantra

AT-You have very less options in diesel -Verna CDRI,Laura-AT
for petrol itsi10 or i20 a decent hatch for the ladies to zip-zap in the city.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 22nd July 2009 at 14:53.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:01   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Raghu, after an esteem, what I would like to have is a car with good space, chilling AC, good brakes (ABS EBD preferred). I would consider a 1 year old less than 10k kms run Corolla, Civic or a new Fiesta or even a Scorpio CRDe.

If the Scorpio is off the list, has to be! EL , Has it right. Like he said, After an esteem. They are so precise, the feed back, steering, brake! And in exactly that order!
Old 25th July 2009, 22:26   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
If the Scorpio is off the list, !
m Gowda and a scorpio, ha ha ha,.

Mr Gowda will be furious, he stays miles away from a scorp.

What car sir? have you finally decided
Old 26th July 2009, 11:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
if the Scorpio is off the list, has to be! EL , Has it right. Like he said, After an esteem. They are so precise, the feed back, steering, brake! And in exactly that order!
We already own a Safari, as i have earlier said in my post we are looking for a Sedan or Hatchback not for a SUV, if SUV was to be considered then we would have gone for The King itself and not any other SUV.

You suggested a Scorpio
Old 26th July 2009, 12:13   #44
BHPian

Verna CRDI is a good option (a Pilot's car). How about Mitsubishi Cedia. I just love that car and its quite comfortable for 6ft's. I am not sure if they have a diesel variant in that?
Old 8th March 2010, 12:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

After a long wait and long discussion finally booked the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks