Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 16:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I do not know really. I'll have to test that.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:57   #32
BHPian

Going by the user experience (both personal and friends) and the recent articles that I read about Skoda, my choice is quite obvious. It's hands down for Honda City.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:40   #33

Is the new toyota corolla also an option?

Is the 2009 Toyota Corolla a strong contender with repect to:

1) Performance
2) Maintainance & Service Quality
3) On road Pricing
4) VFM
5) Owner feedbacks

Have previously owned a Maruti, then Hyundai & now Honda, but never a toyota till date!

Please enlighten
Old 7th June 2009, 11:22   #34

A Big Thank You to all my BHPian mates.Finally took the plunge & have booked myself the new Honda City MT S. Waiting for the delivery that is due next week!Will keep you guys posted on the feedback of the new baby!However ,checked out the Genuine add ons like te body kit, fog lamps, alloy wheels & other add on and they seem to be pretty steeply priced.! Guess need to be happy with the stock car for the time being & plan to start upgrading in a while!!!!THANKS GUYS once again for all your advice about the SKODA LAURA V/S THE NEW HONDA CITY!!! CHEERS!!!!
Old 7th June 2009, 13:03   #35
BHPian

Not only are you comparing a brand new car with a used one , but also a Skoda at that. Have a look at their spares costs. Being a used car, you would be needing to refer to that list a lot.

Besides, even after paying so much when you are going to get spurious parts. Whats the point?

The ANHC mate , looks awesome, great resale and a lovely car all in all.

<edit> Hehe, good choice, realised after posting that you already made your choice ; seems we are in agreement then. looking forward to a ownership review and LOTS of snaps </edit>

Last edited by Takumi-san : 7th June 2009 at 13:07. Reason: oops
Old 7th June 2009, 14:19   #36
BHPian

I wouldn't tell you what to buy, but will tell you WHAT NOT TO BUY...."SKODA" ..stay away from trouble as for as you can
Old 15th June 2009, 18:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Scarface! Good choice. The ANHC is a stunner to look at. Which colour did you opt for?
Do upgrade the footwear on the car (tyres & alloys) since it is a little under-tyred in stock form, and of course doesn't come with alloys (which is shocking for a 8L+ car IMO).
How much does Honda charge for the alloys they sell? Am guessing they would cost less outside.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:13   #38

Thanx Razor!

Opted for the Alabaster Silver.Its the same colour that you might have seen in the Civic.Want to upgrade the footwear asap.Have been recommened 195/65 - R14. Still deciding whether to go for the alloys & new tyres instantly or to drive with the stock Michlen Tyres for a while before I upgrade as you know, have paid close to 10 for the car to be on road.Love the feel of the car but all these small money saving tactics from Honda sadden me.The alloys that the company is offering is for a cool 47K & so are all the other accessories.Guess would have to wait a while before we have non branded accessories available for the ANHC at a more affordable price!Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats Scarface! Good choice. The ANHC is a stunner to look at. Which colour did you opt for?
Do upgrade the footwear on the car (tyres & alloys) since it is a little under-tyred in stock form, and of course doesn't come with alloys (which is shocking for a 8L+ car IMO).
How much does Honda charge for the alloys they sell? Am guessing they would cost less outside.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

The stock Michelins are okay. Much better than the GoodYear tyres they sometimes provide.

You can get alloys from outside if you wish.

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 19th June 2009, 16:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

The earlier you upgrade, the more price you will get in exchange for your old tyres. Keep that in mind.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:00   #41
BHPian

Its better not to go for a second hand car irrespective of the fact that the car might have maintained very well. Beware, there are couple of pathetic experiences that our fellow bhpians have had with some of them already fighting legal battles against Skoda India! Since the warranty might have expired, its simply not advisable to go for a Second hand Skoda.

I have an ANHC and am reasonably satisfied with the car. yes it has ceratin shortcomings but one does learn to live with it. Rest is your decision!
Old 19th June 2009, 17:51   #42

Thanx Razor.

Shall keep that in Mind!Unfortunately have another OHC that is need of crucial repairs & am already shelling out quite a bit for the repairs!So need to make a hard choice as its too much of a burden on my purse at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The earlier you upgrade, the more price you will get in exchange for your old tyres. Keep that in mind.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the new city. better upgrade rubber now and get most value of the current michelins. The more you wait, the more you loose. Else should forget the idea of upgrading. enjoy...
Old 20th June 2009, 17:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

congrats Scarface. enjoy your new car.
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:41   #45
BHPian

congrats Scarface ! Enjoy the beauty and drive safe. You surely have got a head turner. please Upgrade the tyres also.

Last edited by ManMachine : 22nd June 2009 at 13:42.

Most Viewed