Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 11:41   #31
BHPian

Thank again you all. I have decided to keep away from this one
Old 9th October 2009, 11:02   #32
BHPian

Contessas are not so expensive - especially in this condition

We had a petrol contessa (1.8 GL, 1992, 88bhp carburetted) in our Delhi home, which used to be my ride in college (after saving up for the petrol). 6-7 kmpl. The engine has taken loads of abuse from a novice at cars (then), almost 5 years of no changing oil, and it still used to run, and run well.

It broke my heart when we disposed it off (after 15 years). It was a pain to find a buyer, and since no one resides in Delhi now, we were forced to sell it to the "kabaadiwala" for a paltry six thousand rupees. And it was in a much better condition than the car you have shown here.

Heck, a tyre for my safari costs 6000 bucks. Fond memories man... was a car which had many firsts in life ... first girlfriend, first kiss, first pub hopping, first smoke, first car-o-bar.... full-on "rang de basanti"..

My guesstimate - for a petrol contessa in Delhi - no more than 10,000 bucks in working condition, diesel - max to max 20-25K. Expect Mumbai prices to be similar.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkborah View Post
We had a petrol contessa (1.8 GL, 1992, 88bhp carburetted) in our Delhi home, which used to be my ride in college (after saving up for the petrol). 6-7 kmpl. The engine has taken loads of abuse from a novice at cars (then), almost 5 years of no changing oil, and it still used to run, and run well.

It broke my heart when we disposed it off (after 15 years). It was a pain to find a buyer, and since no one resides in Delhi now, we were forced to sell it to the "kabaadiwala" for a paltry six thousand rupees. And it was in a much better condition than the car you have shown here.

Heck, a tyre for my safari costs 6000 bucks. Fond memories man... was a car which had many firsts in life ... first girlfriend, first kiss, first pub hopping, first smoke, first car-o-bar.... full-on "rang de basanti"..

My guesstimate - for a petrol contessa in Delhi - no more than 10,000 bucks in working condition, diesel - max to max 20-25K. Expect Mumbai prices to be similar.
Well if i knew about it i would have surely taken it for more than 6000bucks atleast.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkborah View Post

Well I believe that was 15 years back as well.
And about the prices, ahem... lets be a bit more realistic and respect the great car!!
Old 14th August 2010, 21:53   #35

If u really have patience and enth in restoring...pls go ahead and buy it

Most Viewed