Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 15:45   #1
BHPian

Aveo 1.6LT Vs SX4 VXI Vs Linea Petrol Dynamic

All,
Requesting your inputs and help in choosing my car. I am a newbie in this forum but I have heard a lot about Team-BHP. Please help.
My requirements in the priority-order that I have mentioned:
1. Rear seat comfort for 3 people (this is a must and cannot be compromised-I am looking for good leg room, overall comfort at the rear seat for long drives)
2. Driver comfort (for long drives-self drive)
3. Mileage
4. Performance
5. Decent style
I have narrowed down to AVEO 1.6LT, SX4 VXI and Linea Petrol Dynamic. I have not looked at diesels since my budget is 6-7 lacks. And all three after discounts fall in my budget level. My heart is leaning towards Aveo 1.6, but confused over SX4's command and Linea's beauty.
Please help in selecting one. Seeking all your advice and suggestions.

Cheers!
Sathya

Note:I currently drive a swift Vxi
Old 27th April 2009, 17:30   #2
BHPian

Linea has a good rear leg room. the head room is the only concern.

Better check it out by yourself. If you find Linea's head room is okey, close your eyes, and go for it.

From above three i'' prefer Linea ahead of Aveo & SX4 (last choice).

Going by your preferences,
1. Rear seat comfort for 3 people
(good leg room) (Linea > SX4 = Aveo)
overall comfort at the rear seat for long drives)
2. Driver comfort (for long drives-self drive) (definitely Linea > SX4=Aveo)
3. Mileage (Linea > Aveo> SX4)
4. Performance (SX4 > Linea = Aveo)
5. Decent style (Linea >>SX4 >> Aveo)

Last edited by loving_alaap : 27th April 2009 at 17:43.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sathya
I feel SX4 is a good compromise given the requirements you have spelt out. I would say it ranks highly on 1,2,4,5 . 3 is debatable bcos some members say mileage is poor ( and they quote figures like 10kmpl in city which in my view is pretty good )

AVEO 1.6 is touted to be a bit on the thirsty side and possibly a notchy gearbox ( hearsay only - no personal experience )

LINEA will not satisfy you on 1, 4 - so avoidable i would say. but the looks are quite tempting.

go for the SX4
Old 27th April 2009, 17:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sathya,

I would recommend you go for an SX4. It has the widest rear seat of all the 3 cars here, and is generally the most spacious.

It is also the best performer. With Maruti's A.S.S., you cant really go wrong with the car.

Avoid the Aveo 1.6. Its got a notchy gearbox (not hearsay - I've driven it). Also the engine power output is more theoretical. Didnt feel any great difference after driving the 1.4 and 1.6 back-to-back.

Do keep us updated.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

doesnt the SX4 have an uncomfortable rear middle seat ?
Old 27th April 2009, 17:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
All,
Requesting your inputs and help in choosing my car. I am a newbie in this forum but I have heard a lot about Team-BHP. Please help.
1. Rear seat comfort for 3 people (this is a must and cannot be compromised-I am looking for good leg room, overall comfort at the rear seat for long drives)
3. Mileage
4. Performance
5. Decent style
I have narrowed down to AVEO 1.6LT, SX4 VXI and Linea Petrol Dynamic. I have not looked at diesels since my budget is 6-7 lacks. And all three after discounts fall in my budget level. My heart is leaning towards Aveo 1.6, but confused over SX4's command and Linea's beauty.

Cheers!
Sathya

I have no personal experience with Linea / SX4. But just my view based on my ownership of Aveo 1.4 for the last 1 year.

1. I often do long trips with 3 adults in rear seats. Except for scraping the speed breakers, no other issues I have found.
2. Again its very comfortable. I have heard from some tall guys that they find the dashboard disturbing their leg moment. But I found it a plus so I can rest my knee/leg while on long drives.
3. If you stick to around 80-90kmph, for sure you should get around 14 on highways. On city, its purely based on traffic and driving style.
4. Switch of your AC and you will have what you need. But if you are looking for 0-100 in x sec, then no idea. Its good for crusing around 100kmph
5. Its subjective.

Good luck.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:34   #7
BHPian

Some more questions...

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

I personally liked the SX4 for the commanding position it has and the loads of space it has. But my wife is kind of (may be even dead against) against it for the pathetic middle seat in the rear. Even I felt the same.

I am OK with Linea in terms of looks, space and comfort and esp for its "amazing" build. But I found it "very" underpowered after driving my Swift. I am not aware of the technical details and if someone can explain what is the power band in Linea and how will it perform in the highway and city.. that will be really great. Also if someone can throw some mileage figures, it will help a lot.

With respect to Aveo, my wife's full support is with it. I also found it to be an allrounder (except performance-but not as bad as Linea). My worries with Avoe is mileage, comfort in long drives since the primary reason for me to change is rear seat comfort and space. Also i am kind of worried of service and spares. If some one can help here it will be helpful.

Cheers!
Sathya

The hunt is still on!!
Old 27th April 2009, 18:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
doesnt the SX4 have an uncomfortable rear middle seat ?

not that much. we travelled recently in this car and it was quite ok..

also i came across another thread where it is mentioned that Maruti has launched the SX4 with some minor tweaks - one of which was the rear mid seat which does not protrude as before
Old 27th April 2009, 19:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

If you can get adjusted to the performance, Linea would be the best option of the lot. Its better looking, spacious (headroom isn't that much of an issue unless tall people sit it the back), loaded, refined and has the best ride among compared to SX4. Its also a more modern Sedan compared to the lot.

I am not so sure about Aveo since i never drove it. Aveo fared very badly in the market, so you will have problems with resale in the future.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:31   #10
BHPian

SX4 does have the protruding armrest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
not that much. we travelled recently in this car and it was quite ok..

also i came across another thread where it is mentioned that Maruti has launched the SX4 with some minor tweaks - one of which was the rear mid seat which does not protrude as before

Pleaselet meknow if this is true.. When I saw the SX4 in ABT Chennai (last week), it did have the uncomfortable protruding arm rest in the middle.

Please confirm.

Cheers!
Sathya
Old 28th April 2009, 13:57   #11
BHPian

My recommendation would be linea. A great buy overall considering the features you get, and the great looks ( subjective of course). SX4 and aveo are also good cars and i think it just boils down to your personal liking. Whichever car you go for, i am sure you won't regret your decision. Cheers.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:11   #12
BHPian

Linea FE is quite good.

dont worry about the so called under powered engine.

You will kiss the engine, after getting the FE of 15-16 (diesel) and 12 (petrol)

SX4 and Aveo will get you around 10 KMPL.

Linea is the way to go.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
SX4 and Aveo will get you around 10 KMPL.
Boss, how did you arrive this figure? personal experience? Or just opinion?

My Aveo never given less than 12 even with full AC and inside city. Even when I use to drive arounf 120+ it has given me 12+ with AC.

Our Hari's brother has a SX4 and I remember he mentioning getting around 12-13 in city. Infact, during one of the our long drive, he got 17kmpl.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:50   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
All,
3. Mileage
4. Performance
5. Decent style

Cheers!
Sathya

I was also in similar dillemma that you're in.
Pls check the below link with my TD experience & buying decision

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1224976-post651.html

Your 1st requirement of Rear Comfort for 3 People (in bold letters) makes SX4 straight going out of the race
Old 28th April 2009, 16:03   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Boss, how did you arrive this figure? personal experience? Or just opinion?

My Aveo never given less than 12 even with full AC and inside city. Even when I use to drive arounf 120+ it has given me 12+ with AC.

Our Hari's brother has a SX4 and I remember he mentioning getting around 12-13 in city. Infact, during one of the our long drive, he got 17kmpl.
17 kmpl for an SX4 - even SX4 sales guys will jump & be dying to meet the owner of such a car !

On the other hand, on a serious note, for 1, 2 or 3 drives, one can not arrive at accurate mileage even if its based on full-tank to full-tank method. because, for different pumps the defination of "full-tank" varies. For full-tank, some pumps overflows the tank whereas some would stop well short of full capacity. hence, mileage for a particular drive would not give accurate figure in all probabities. but then looking at the above figures, we're not talking about accuracy here, are we?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks