Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 17:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

agree to what everyone said reg the 2000 model. On the 2002 model, I want to add that the asking price is on the higher side. i can understand a single owner car quoting at those levels. but not 3rd owner. but then, i have also heard that Bangalore prices are crazy.

but the message is clear - keep looking. you need to see more cars before deciding.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whihcever one you choose, can i have contact details of the other car owner.
thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 22:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs.
Mostly i will pick up 2002 one.The only thing which bothers me is whether to go for a 3rd owner car. Problem here[in bangalore] is OHC still has a very good resale value,so its very rare someone sells a first/second owner 2002 or 2003 for this price.infact i am yet to see someone selling a good condition first owner OHC 1.5[02 or 03] less than 3.2L
My friend who works in Honda showroom knows about this car as the owner gives it for servicing there. So no worry about the condition.
Between guys,whats the extra features in Special edition?
Old 28th April 2009, 23:11   #19
BHPian

If it is so then go for it. I dont know of a Special Edition of OHC.
Also why are you not looking at a Vtec and why only a 1.5?
Old 29th April 2009, 07:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Abhayshanu: because there are hardly any vtecs for sale in bangalore and if it is then it is all above 4L .
Old 30th April 2009, 07:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

what are the extra features in Special edition?
Old 30th April 2009, 20:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
what are the extra features in Special edition?
Guys,can anyone tell me the same?
Old 2nd May 2009, 02:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Special edition came with golden emblems, better beige upholstery and partial beige dashboard which again I think was standard in the later year cars.
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dipen,so theres nothing much as "Extras"
Old 20th July 2009, 14:37   #25
BHPian

Hi Shan2nu,

Have been watching the gallery, numerous times the sky blue Vtec you have. OHC's I been truly, madly, deeply in love with them.

Need your valuable advice at this point of time.

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list

included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June

2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and

tyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all

including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little

paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final

offer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind says

nothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from

the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this

weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to

this guy.

Additional Info needed :

1. Can we retro fit body colored side beeding on the door. Its black on 1.3 OHC models. Body colored looks great.

2. Can we change the door handles to body color, it enhances the look.

3. Chrome beeding on the door frames (seen only on 1.5 OHC and Vtecs'), can we fit this into 1.3 OHC's.

Thanks
prsn
Old 20th July 2009, 15:05   #26
BHPian

Hi Unknownsatan,

Though not much information is present to make a decision, still based on your observations, here are my 2 cents:
A car which is badly maintained from outside, i.e. dented/rusted is highly likely to be much more abused while driving, i.e. the engine is sure to be ripped.
I would prefer the 2002 car any day because:
1. It is never
2. Dont worry abt the kms as someone rightly pointed out the 68K seems to be tampered. Also, OHC will easily run for 2 lac+ if maintaned properly
3. Best to buy stock rather than engine modified car, unless you know the entire mode and ownership details of the current owner. You can modify the stock according to your needs

As folks have already pointed out, it makes more sense in trying out more options. I was after an OHC Vtec a year back before buying my current car. I saw around 17-18 OHCs and only 2 VTECs, both these were badly abused, so dropped the idea altogether. My experience has been that the more cars you see, the clearer your own requirements become. Be patient, I am sure you will get the car of your dreams.. all the best

Last edited by Meer : 20th July 2009 at 15:06.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:11   #27
BHPian

Sorry, I did not see the date of Unknownsatan's query, think i am very late already
Old 20th July 2009, 18:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hehe.But still not late man,i am still searching.Did not feel like buying those 2 as i thought let me not hurry up. Infact i have postponed my search as i was busy with something else. So have not yet bought one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks