Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2005, 12:50   #16
Team-BHP Support

thanx ported_head. The review was quite informative. But my cousin is a < 100 guy. So handling is not an issue. At the showroom the elantras parked had either goodyear or bridgestone. I wonder wether they discontinued kumhos. As for brake pedal travel, i guess that is always adjustible. So did anybody actually buy the elantra or were too peeved by it?
Old 6th June 2005, 12:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Tsk,

close your eyes and take the Hyundai Elantra. its cheaper , got better goodies , the A.S.S is very very good too !

the skoda - has a service interval of 7500 kms - none of the filters cost less than 750 and a rountine service (oil change + filters change ) should cost 6000 bucks atleast !

hope this helps

cheers
Old 6th June 2005, 13:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
PLEASEPLEASE I implore, beseech, BEG you...DONT bring fiat into this too. Lets try to keep ONE thread free of Fiat, PLEASE.
Why? What's wrong with that? If a Fiat car fits the bill, it will surely come into picture Of course, in current context, he is looking for bigger powerful diesel, so Petra-D can not be considered here.
Old 6th June 2005, 13:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Why? What's wrong with that? If a Fiat car fits the bill, it will surely come into picture Of course, in current context, he is looking for bigger powerful diesel, so Petra-D can not be considered here.
You just asked a question and provided the answer in the same post....
Old 6th June 2005, 13:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You just asked a question and provided the answer in the same post....
Nope! My question was generic one and answer was to specific question. Generic question remains the same. Is there anything wrong to bring Fiat car into consideration if it fits the requirements?
Old 6th June 2005, 13:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Thanks RJK and normally_crazy. I think after hearing of this cost, he wont touch the skoda by a barge pole. He drives 35000kms+ every year, so spending 1 rupee/km on maintainance is not such a good deal.
Old 6th June 2005, 15:54   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Any scorpio owners care to elaborate?
well i 've posted a review on my scorpio a few days back , but this is the second generation engine ! p.m. me if you have any queries though .

manson .
Old 6th June 2005, 16:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

Well, I missed this thread, but looks like most of the points are covered already.

The Elantra seems the best option for your buddy. Plus, something you should check on - I believe Mumbai dealers are offering 3 years warranty with labour and consumable's included. i.e. you won't have to pay a dime for 3 years of regular service! That to me is the clincher, especially if it is going to be a high mileage car.

However, expect peanuts back when it comes time to sell it.
Old 6th June 2005, 16:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai now offers 4 years/80K warranty on elantra and dealers offer 1lac discount. On road=10lacs. Checked the second hand market too. One year old elantra sells for 8lac delhi. Thats shedding 2lac on road value in one year.
Old 6th June 2005, 19:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Nope! My question was generic one and answer was to specific question. Generic question remains the same. Is there anything wrong to bring Fiat car into consideration if it fits the requirements?
Come on RX, I am sure you know the answer for this as well. Steeroid never claimed that he doesn't hate Fiat
Old 6th June 2005, 20:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
Come on RX, I am sure you know the answer for this as well. Steeroid never claimed that he doesn't hate Fiat
Good one, Shivdas!

On serious note, I really don't think Steeroid hates Fiat cars as such, but he genuinely believes that they are overhyped. I respect his opinion.

But from his post, it appeared to me that Fiat cars are promoted on this forum by Fiat lovers, irrespective of customer's requirements. Just wanted to confirm with him if that is the case.

I personally won't recommend Petra if the owner wants stable company backup, brand image, good resale value, but if these factors are acceptable, I, without hesitation, rate Petra highest in C segment and I find nothing wrong in it.

(I have seen similar cases with other cars too. But, there is a big thread on unintentional bias towards cars. So, let's not restart it here).
Old 6th June 2005, 23:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On serious note, I really don't think Steeroid hates Fiat cars as such, but he genuinely believes that they are overhyped. I respect his opinion.
I'm almost weeping with gratitude. Thanks RX.

Quote:
But from his post, it appeared to me that Fiat cars are promoted on this forum by Fiat lovers, irrespective of customer's requirements. Just wanted to confirm with him if that is the case.
You're right. (More tears)

Quote:
I personally won't recommend Petra if the owner wants stable company backup, brand image, good resale value, but if these factors are acceptable, I, without hesitation, rate Petra highest in C segment and I find nothing wrong in it.
BOTFT (bawling on the floor with tears, in case you didnt get it)...yeah mate, dead right. Somebody started this thread asking us to help with a decision between the Elantra and the Octavia, and along comes this dude who suggests a Petra (no, not you RX - you're my friend for life!)

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th June 2005 at 23:55.
Old 7th June 2005, 00:30   #28
BANNED

Well here is the way it goes..

1) SKoda Octy if you can afford..

2) Elantra CRDi

3) Accent Crdi

4) Indigo..

and yeah do consider the Petra D.. i find it better then the Indigo..
Old 7th June 2005, 10:05   #29
BANNED

@ TSK its not only the Elantra with a 1K discount its all the lower D segmenters.. includes Corolla, Optra and Octavia and your lovely Elantra..(No Pun)
Old 7th June 2005, 10:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I and along comes this dude who suggests a Petra
LOL... so sue me!!!

By the way, if Indigo is being considered, then why not petra?

Last edited by amitoj : 7th June 2005 at 10:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks