Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 16:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Though SX4 doesn't come with all the bells & whistles as Linea, its worth having a spin with the new VVT eng.
How abt Fiesta-S. Have a look at that as well.
Old 9th December 2009, 18:32   #77
BHPian

@clevermax: I guess u mean rain sensing wipers
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:33   #78
BHPian

Guys I am replying to this forum very late. I should have announced way back in August when I booked the Linea. Due to some personal reasons, I waited for more than a month to complete the buying procedure and took the delivery of the car on October 15th, 2009. I have taken the Petrol Emotion model with the complete optional pack.

For the colour I went with the Flamenco red which I am guessing is the most popular one in the Linea. I haven't been posting any reviews of the car on team bhap as I think it's late now. There are plenty of other Team Bhpians with Lineas and have been giving quite an elaborate review of the their experience with the car. Thank you everyone for your inputs.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:41   #79
BHPian

congrats on buying the Linea. glad to know you went by your heart and got what you personally wanted
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:04   #80
BHPian

Looks like Mr Raj settled for the Linea! Nice choice. One thing I liked about the Linea is the Blue & Me technology.
Off topic: Just wish the car had 10 bhp more to play with. Ever thought about this: There is no such thing as a 'complete' or 'perfect' car! Me too am in dilemma over a new sedan!
End of day: Go with what your heart says!
Old 25th February 2010, 16:13   #81
BHPian

Thanks guys.

Regarding the point about the linea having a litte more bhp, I agree and disagree at the same time.
Having that extra power will no doubt be better but will come at a cost of having a lesser fuel efficiency.
I got my car in October and am getting a mileage of around 12 Kms to a liter in mostly city driving with the AC always on. My first car was a Santro and the Linea which is a much bigger car is giving me a better mileage. There are multiple other linea reviews on team bhp and after reading them I think most others are getting the mileage in around the same range and someone has also got a mileage of around 23 kms to a liter!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...felici-42.html

So although the extra Bhp will make the car more fun to drive it will come at at a cost.

As far the driving experience is considered, it's as good if not better than say the Honda City. My Dad has a Honda City bought in 2007. I drive the car when I am in Chandigarh and I don't find the Linea missing any of the torque which the city has. These cars are designed for fuel efficiency and offer a very refined driving experience. The fastest that I have gone so far has been only 100 kms/Hour. Reaching this speed is very easy and I feel that If I want the car can easily go to above 150 but I guess I am a conservative driver and don't want to test the limits in a new car. I have read reviews where others have touched 160 and 170 Kms per hour. Point being high speeds are no problem in the Linea. I guess the perception of underpowered comes only because it just doesn't roar and jump when you step on the throttle after starting. The car takes a smooth take off. The engine is very silent. Many times, you'll wonder whether the engine is ignited or not when waiting at a stop light.
I have taken the Petrol top Variant - Emotion with the Option Pack. The Blue and me has been the talking point for anyone who has seen the car and taken a ride in it. It's convenient and a very cool gadget. I have seen other handsfree blue tooth devices for cars but none of them have the voice clarity and the sensitivity which the Blue and Me system has. People sitting in any seat can have a very comfortable conversation on the phone without having to scream into the mic which btw is not even seen. It feels like there's another invisible person in the car whose voice can be heard and he can listen to us. The steering controls are cool to make calls and control the stereo.

The car is a stunner and yes I followed my heart. For anyone who is here trying to decide which car to buy in a 8 lac rupee budget, the linea by far is the best choice.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:38   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
what are you talking about man! DIS, armrest, SERVICE INERVAL REMINDER!

a REAL man dosnt need to be reminded of those. SPEED SENSING WIPERS!! HO HO HO! who needs those? and every car has got single side park lights these days. can LINEA glide (read FLY for SX4) over potholes. and by the way, all cars in the range are lesson learners from SX4 when it comes to features and trims. and armrests, bluetooth, etc are something you can get today on a M 800 (or a fiat palio) I should say.

Get cleaver!
happened across this post when searching for something else.couldnt stop laughing comparing the SX4 with LINEA?!!!! and that too on the riding comfort? boy oh boy you are funny.ever been in a LINEA over the potholes (hellholes) of bangalore?no right?just try it once and you will go down on your knees praying for forgiveness (just kidding)
Old 8th April 2010, 21:22   #83

Which petrol sedan ?

I am looking for a petrol sedan (~1.5Ltr) with budget of 8L.

Here are the list of cars I selected and the reason why I didn't like them.

Ford Fiesta: High maintenance.
Lenea : 1.3L Engine. Felt underpower. Not sure about resale value.
ANHC : Beyond my budget

Here are the list of cars I have selected.

Verna : Look, power, Service availability
SX4 : Service & trust, Since I have Swift VDi.

Please suggest me.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th April 2010 at 21:41. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Pleas Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 21:55   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altogether View Post

Please suggest me.

If you are looking at a petrol sedan, I would not look at Verna. Also dont strike away the Fiesta for high maintainance. That way SX4 seems to be the best option.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a petrol sedan (~1.5Ltr) with budget of 8L.

Here are the list of cars I selected and the reason why I didn't like them.

Ford Fiesta: High maintenance.
Lenea : 1.3L Engine. Felt underpower. Not sure about resale value.
ANHC : Beyond my budget

Please suggest me.
Petrol sedan - Honda City wins hands down. You have ruled that out since its beyond your budget.

If you look at the next set of cars, its got to be Fiesta or SX4.

Fiesta 1.6 is a well established drivers car. Its absolute delight to drive. If you are ruling out Fiesta 1.6 solely because you consider its high on maintenance, you are grossly wrong. Gone are those Ikon days. You have close to 100 Fiesta ownership reports on Team-Bhp, just browse thru them to know the service bills and other expenses. Ford has worked on rationalizing the spare parts prices and its pretty much comparable with those of Verna, Linea, SX4, etc.

List out your priorities so that people would be in a better position to
suggest you a suitable car.

Verna petrol is an underwhelming car. You can give it a miss and probably choose between Fiesta and SX4.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:53   #86

Here is my prioirity
1.VERNA
2.SX4
3.Ford Fiesta
4.Lenea
Old 10th April 2010, 20:06   #87
mkh
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion

If so, well depends on what you are looking for. Verna petrol is a good option for the non enthusiast, sedate driver looking at a decent family car which will give no tension or hassle and serve you well.
Let me give its pros and cons
Pros:
Very easy to drive in city( light steering) - which is a con for an enthusiast
Powerful engine- occasional sprint in the city drive can be possible, also very refined engine, power distribution is even and hardly any noise creeps into the cabin at all.
Very spacious inside, rear seat comfort is great
Cabin space overall is great- very good seating position for the driver( cause i have the seat adjust option)
Build quality and finish are very good, Hyundai *** is very nice and maintenance costs are low enough. I have not had a single rattle, squeak or any blemish on the fit and finish so far
I liked the interior color combo, many people say its boring,but honestly its a personal choice, i found the fiesta interiors the worst in fact!!
Cons:
Ride handling is average- which is if you are enthusiast and like the steering feedback to be great. If you like to zip around, not the right car(fiesta is the best there)
They have compromised on suspensions, hence the ride comfort in city at times feels lacking( on certain speedbreakers and bumps, makes you jump)
It does not give the ride comfort of a BIG car at times on bumps. However on most city potholes etc- no issues there
Gears have long throws, some people do not like that in frequent gear changes, but i love the smooth shift from 2-3 and back, only 1-2 is a little irritating.
The Dash is a little boring looking at the new offerings now.
Compared to SX4, i found it better as i just did not like the looks of the SX4 and the quality of plastics and finish that maruti offers.
I feel though, if one can take the risk with FIAT, Linea is a better offering, but have heard so many stories on FIAT A.S.S, that maybe its a risk too much to take!!!
A LOT of people here will tell you verna is laclustre, underwhelming etc etc, what i do not understand is that for 80% of the time, one runs a car in city where all you can do is 30-40Km/Hr at the most! Its the people who like to drive their cars like a rally car and zip around, that they do not like the verna, and also its a case of saying what they "heard" from others than own experience that they put this car down. Its not outstanding in ANY aspect- agreed, but not down on most aspects that one looks for in a car.
PM me if you need to talk or even come and drive mine around. Check other fourms where verna owners have posted ownership experiences, hardly few unhappy on what they expected.
PS: i have driven the fiesta, linea AND SX4 so my views are not on things i "heard". BTW as for maintenance costs, just check the chart shown on metro ford( saw it yesterday) and of the 25 odd parts given, about 23 are HIGHER for the Fiesta, wonder on what basis people claim fiesta spares are on par with verna????
Hope this helps

Last edited by mkh : 10th April 2010 at 20:21.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:29   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Regarding the point about the linea having a litte more bhp, I agree and disagree at the same time.
Having that extra power will no doubt be better but will come at a cost of having a lesser fuel efficiency.
I got my car in October and am getting a mileage of around 12 Kms to a liter in mostly city driving with the AC always on. My first car was a Santro and the Linea which is a much bigger car is giving me a better mileage. There are multiple other linea reviews on team bhp and after reading them I think most others are getting the mileage in around the same range and someone has also got a mileage of around 23 kms to a liter!!
If you are talking about 1.4 Linea for FE 23+ then it was me.
You are right with greater power comes lesser FE.
Any way congrats for your beauty and welcome to club Lineans.
Old 11th April 2010, 02:17   #89

After your explaination, I am feeling closer to Verna. If I wanted to buy a diesel sedan, I could choose Verna VGT with eyes closed!! Whenever I spot the Verna, I look whether it is VGT or VTVT,most of the cars are VGT (diesel). I am owning the Swift VDi. This is my first diesel car. Since I have one diesel car, I don't want to have one more by paying extra 1.50L for Sedan. I am comfortable with Swift for Long drives also.
I visited most of the dealers in Bangalore to know about the number of petrol Verna they sells. The figure is 60(D)/40(P). Even I tried to talk to the owners about the feedback.

I have test drive SX4.What I did'nt like is the look and the interiors. Car looks bigger than Verna.No one like this car in my family.

Ford fiesta : I had very bad experience when I visited a ford dealer. No one attended. No test drive. The indicator and wiper controls are on the opposite sides compare to other cars. It would be difficult for me when I switch between Swift & Fiesta. I am not sure about the resale value. The mentaince cost would be more compare to Maruti & Verna.

If I am not able to decide on Sedan car , My next option is VW Polo.

I would like to talk to you before I decide something.
Old 11th April 2010, 14:34   #90
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After your explaination, I am feeling closer to Verna. If I wanted to buy a diesel sedan, I could choose Verna VGT with eyes closed!! Whenever I spot the Verna, I look whether it is VGT or VTVT,most of the cars are VGT (diesel). I am owning the Swift VDi. This is my first diesel car. Since I have one diesel car, I don't want to have one more by paying extra 1.50L for Sedan. I am comfortable with Swift for Long drives also.
I visited most of the dealers in Bangalore to know about the number of petrol Verna they sells. The figure is 60(D)/40(P). Even I tried to talk to the owners about the feedback.

I have test drive SX4.What I did'nt like is the look and the interiors. Car looks bigger than Verna.No one like this car in my family.

Ford fiesta : I had very bad experience when I visited a ford dealer. No one attended. No test drive. The indicator and wiper controls are on the opposite sides compare to other cars. It would be difficult for me when I switch between Swift & Fiesta. I am not sure about the resale value. The mentaince cost would be more compare to Maruti & Verna.

If I am not able to decide on Sedan car , My next option is VW Polo.

I would like to talk to you before I decide something.
yeah diesel is sold more- so is the case with fiesta also. In india, people choose diesel without thinking much about the economics in the long run( seen with my friends) as they like "power" even if they need it less.
Ford sales and support needs to improve, u may have gone to Metro Ford, which sucks big time.
Verna petrol owners are non existent on this forum, see other places
VW polo- well be ready to wait 3 months and get second hand treatment for now- they are expecting people to come as they have an "air" around their car.

Most Viewed