Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 15:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

you seem to be confused, and started to ramble all over the budget and across segments

1. set a budget
2.set your requirements
3.prioritize
4.look at the cars, and see how they match your criteria
5. narrow down the list

And then we'll talk. At the moment , you sound like a kid in a toy shop who cant decide what to get. And we can't make that decision for you either
Old 31st May 2009, 22:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
Man , you are complaining about AC on Vista ? You should get a 1.5 ton AC fitted on your car. Vista's AC is damn good , if chilling is not that good , then contact Service Center guys - you can ask them for a ride to show them your exact problem.

Why should not the FIRE engine suit my style ? I love it !
Maybe I need a tonner AC.

Well, in this forum and elsewhere, there are a few discussions on the poor AC of Vista in hot conditions. I have taken my Vista to the ASC a dozen times & have escalated to TML customer service with no resolution of my problem.

Since you have a fairly good running, diesel would be the fuel to go for if economy is a criteria.
Old 1st June 2009, 08:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

a lot of people seem to be dissatisfied with the vista's AC. Anil, you're not alone
Old 1st June 2009, 09:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a lot of people seem to be dissatisfied with the vista's AC. Anil, you're not alone

Yup. The AC during hot weather conditions is not effective. This is in bangalore and wonder how it feels for owners in Hyderabad, chennai, jaipur etc..The cabin space is huge and that might be one of the reasons but the Tata engineers knew this while designing the AC for this car dint they.

We had complained about this when my brother In Law's car went for service and after they did some work on it , i can feel there is a slight improvement. I would rate the AC in this car as average.

Hope they would have addressed this issue in the soon to be launched Indigo Vista.

Last edited by muni : 1st June 2009 at 09:15.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:11   #35
BHPian

Let's start all over again. I have narrowed down on the following care :

Indigo Vista
Swift Dzire
Ford Fiesta Limited Edition
Hyundai Verna

Indigo Vista : Love the looks , engine and everything but have to travel to work place without a car for 6 months , now that's ridiculous ! If it's worth the wait , I am ready to do that ( and save up a few bucks for accessories by using public transport ! ). I need the Specs of the car ( dimensions ) as my garage is 26 feet long. Till date , I have been keeping 2 Indicas one after the other in the same garage. Indigo CS and Ford Ikon both cars were brought and we saw that both of them were going in perfectly. So Indigo Vista should also go unless TATA makes it a huge car.

Swift Dzire : I hate the looks , meets all criteria but won't fit in garage.

Ford Fiesta : - Do-
Hyundai Verna : This is a beast ! I love it , and for this car I can extend the garage. I know that's partiality but...

So the war is between Indigo Vista V/S Hyundai Verna.

Is Verna worth spending bucks on garage extension ?

Is Indigo Vista worth the wait ?

Now suggest !
Old 1st June 2009, 12:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford to wait for 6 months, or possibly more, yes. The vista sedan will be worth it. The Verna is growing old, recent facelift notwithstanding.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:29   #37
BHPian

Personally I like the looks of Verna. I understand that Vista is worth the wait. Then again if TATA increases the length to anything more than 4350 mm , It won't fit in my garage even after extension !

Now if something like this happens that I wait for Vista for 8 months and then the dimensions are huge ? Can you confirm on the dimensions atlest give an idea !

Most Viewed