Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 11:45   #16
BHPian

I completely agree. I have been driving this car for over 2 years and have clocked close to 23k kms. It has been a real pleasure owning this car. It has good performance, excellent features and equipment list, good space (interior as well as boot) and ofcourse the backing of Maruti A**. I have not faced a single issue with it - touch wood(forget the rattles which many non owners have reported).

However, if you have the time, you could wait for the SX4 diesel. It is expected any time this year and will definitely even more VFM and a stronger performer. However, if you need to switch soon, I suggest you go for the SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Suzuki San,

The SX4 is a very good car. It looks good, is a proven package with decet equivpment levels and is backed by good MSIL *ss. There are a number of satisied owners of the car on the forum. Most people who speak ill of he car do so on hearsay ( except for one odd case).

Please go ahead with the car.Unless you drive over 2000- 2500 km per month, the SX4 is a real good choice.In case you clock very high mileage, you can look for a Diesel option.
Old 29th June 2009, 11:54   #17
BHPian

I also own SX4 and really good car.
Try for loyalty bonus which would be in range of 15 to 10K
Also there is some exchange bonus which goes upto 25K for SX4. I think they adjust this by offering low value
Otherwise try outside you will get good value. Before than that check about exchange bonus
Old 29th June 2009, 12:18   #18
BHPian

I too have similar plan, to exchange my WagonR 2006 Lxi with a SX4 Zxi.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'd vouch for the Fiesta 1.6. I haven't had any bottoming out issues with it over the past 2 years--but compared to the SX4 you need to be a bit careful.

However you may also consider the Cedia. TD all 3 vehicles and decide what suits you the best.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Mile Cruncher,

Re the upgrade from Swift to SX4. I am thinking of doing the same.

What are the better options available at the same price.

I took a test drive in the ANHC and was horrified by it's suspension on bad roads.
Took a Ford Fiesta cab from the airport to home. Myself, driver and two suitcases. The car bottomed out on two of the three speed breakers we went over.
Renault Logan - too much of a taxi image.
Hyundai - a personal mind block against anything Korean.
Aveo - Let's not go there!!!!

Would appreciate your input.

Regards,
SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Thanks Happywheels.

I did check out carwale yesterday and saw the prices as well,I think atleast I should get 2.7,lets see because its only the start of the hard bargaining.

Also,SX4 should get hefty discounts since it only sells around 800/month.

@Suzukisan,Scarlet,Milecruncher,JK Das

I did test drive the following cars :

ANHC - Engine superb,ordinary interiors but most of all,way too expensive for me.A 9.5L car without alloys is shocking,so to fit alloys it will take the price above 10 which goes beyond my budget.

Verna - Petrol not that great.Diesel is awesome but again,diesel will cost me around 9-9.5,beyond my budget.

Aveo - As you said,lets not go there.

Linea - TD-ed one and found it a bit underpowered.If the power is OK to you,then a very good buy.

Fiesta - My friend owns a 1.6S aquarius and I drive it quite a lot.The best drivers car under 10L.Superb car and my next choice after SX4.

Why SX4?
From day one,I was facinated by its beefy looks and 16" alloys.Looks awesome.Engine is decent and equipment level is great.Interiors can be improved but I can do with it.SX4 was always a natural choice for me.And along with the FIesta falls in the 7.5L category(after discounts).

Also,did take some advice from ANANT NEHRU and MEER and they have really helped me a lot regarding their experiences in the SX4.

First,I need to sell my Swift a decent price,hope to get somewhere near 2.7L.
Agree that the ANHC is not at all VFM and is overpriced for the equipment levels that it has. I guess they are charging for the engine and the brand.

For 7.5 Lakhs Ex-Showroom for ZXI, I think a Fiesta 1.6 S sports would be a better. Good car with decent equipment levels and you would get a good discount. Last time I had checked, about 40k discount was available on it. The only thing that you'll be missing is the Climate Control.

And if you are not too fussy about power, the other good bet is the Linea Petrol Emotion Pack. The equipment levels more than make up for the reduction in power.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:21   #21
BHPian

Thanks a lot nurni and aka.

No-one better to say about the SX4 than the owners themselves.

@aka,
Currently they are neither offering a loyalty bonus nor a exchange bonus which surprises me.Am waiting if anything new comes up in July.

@vnabhi and ramsagar,
Have nothing against the Fiesta since I too am very impressed with it and their recent A.S.S quality have also improved.However,I have this fascination for the SX4 looks since the day it was launched.

@milecruncher,
Its sad Honda thinks of itself as a luxury car maker in India when their brand overseas is treated more like Maruti/Hyundai in India.And as I said,am not willing to pay 9.5L for a car without alloys,climate control,CD player.
Am not that rich

I TD-ed the Linea but the engine lacks a bit of power.If they launch the 120bhp petrol,would have loved to own one
Old 29th June 2009, 15:28   #22
BHPian

My friend bought a SX4 by exchanging his old zen. He bargained with the dealer to get more than 20K price tag for his old zen. So try to push them hard to get the discounts. If you don't get cash discounts ask them for free accessories.

I too have an SX4 which has closed 25K+ kms and I am really satisifed with the car. So go ahead and buy it.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:07   #23
BHPian

@Gopinathann,

I guess this is the start of hard bargaining with the dealers.Hopefully can get some more discounts.

I did check out your car pics and it looks awesome.

Good that SX4 owners seem quite satisfied with their cars.Gives me added confidence before going for it
Old 29th June 2009, 23:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Good that SX4 owners seem quite satisfied with their cars.Gives me added confidence before going for it
Since you asked - I'm too very satisfied with the car. Although not a ZXi, my ownership experience has been very good. I wonder how non-owners can write about mileage with so much of conviction. I got exactly 11 KMPL in the last 3 full tank fills I've done, and I'm certainly not exaggerating since it's 3 back to back fills. 75% AC and all sorts of timings (peak and off peak), mostly in the city (Chennai).

Maybe ZXi might get a little lower - 10.5 etc due to large tyres, but deifnitely nothing to worry. Totally peaceful 22K Kms on board for me.
Old 30th June 2009, 08:45   #25
BHPian

@Spetnaz

I also get the feeling that most people who say ill about the car including about the bad mileage dont own an SX4 themselves.From the SX4 owners lot,am getting a very positive impression.

Also I would be happy with anything over 10,in Swift I get around 11.5 and am very happy with it.

Am going to London for 3 wks and will book the car once I return.Then might bug all the SX4 owners regarding what accessories to buy,anything particular to check in the car etc

Does anyone one whether the excise duty(on cars above 1.5L engine) have already been done with?If not,might be done this budget thereby decreasing the prices further by around 15K.

Currently the SX4 ZXi in Kol costs 7.98L OTR.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

I suggest go for SX4, it pure value for money except brand. I have it for almost 17K km 1 year, and its a charm to drive. never let me down and Speed Breakers, whats that thing?
Old 30th June 2009, 10:27   #27
BHPian

@R K Bharat

I agree.That amazing ground clearance.

I can see you have fitted rear parking sensors.Is it the LCD type on mirror?How much did they cost?
Old 30th June 2009, 10:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can see you have fitted rear parking sensors.Is it the LCD type on mirror?How much did they cost?
I don't remember exactly but I think around 2500 Rs. It has a display clipped on the RVM, which shows the Distance to hit on both the side, with sound buzzer.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I don't remember exactly but I think around 2500 Rs. It has a display clipped on the RVM, which shows the Distance to hit on both the side, with sound buzzer.

Sounds good.I thought they were much costlier@10K
Old 30th June 2009, 13:25   #30
BHPian

As already PMed to you, SX4 is a nice car and I have completed 16K kms recently. No issues whatsoever and I had some really nice experiences with prompt Maruti services.
Mileage - 11.5 kmpl (75% city+25% hw); 3 servicing total cost (including wheel alignment) - Rs 5700 (1900 Rs / service).

Regarding exchanging your car, I had a similar dilemma when I upgraded fro Esteem to SX4. My stock esteem's valuation done by True value was 2.6 L and they did not give any weightage to accessories and ICE. I sold it outside and it fetched me 3.25 L. So, if you have any accessories / upgrades, then True value may not give extra money for that. But there are obvious advantages of exchanging, hassles are very less. So try and cut a good deal. Talk to multiple dealers and haggle as best as you can. All the best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks