Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 13:35   #31
BHPian

Parking Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I can see you have fitted rear parking sensors.Is it the LCD type on mirror?How much did they cost?
Parking sensors are a must on SX4, saves lot of heartburn . I got the LCD display one fitted and the current cost for the same is 2.8K (checked last week)

Last edited by Meer : 30th June 2009 at 13:36. Reason: formatting
Old 30th June 2009, 13:46   #32
BHPian

Hi d3mon,

Sorry but I do not agree about True Value price being fixed.
When checking prices for my old Wagon R with Spectra, Vitesse and Sai, I got completely different prices quoted. Sai Service was the highest and needless to say I exchanged it with them.

Regards,

SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
If your car was evaluated by a True value person, the price is more or less fixed. From now on, if you take your car to any number of dealers, the first thing they do is to check their database, to see if the car has been examined at any other true value outlet earlier. If it has been, they will quote the same value again, without even agreeing to evaluate your car.

If you buy an SX4 in exchange for the swift, you should get a fat loyalty bonus. Will push up the value of your swift to 2.6 or 2.7 lacs.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:47   #33
BHPian

Haggle with them as much as you can. In fact, tell the dealer you're talking to you have a final exchange price, (say 'X') and you're willing to walk away from the deal. See what happens.

TruValue is ALWAYS abt 15-20% lower than what you'd get if you shop around and speak to a couple of brokers.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Joy_Swift,
The government levies an additional excise duty of Rs 15000 on cars with engine capacity exceeding 1500 C. The SX4 being more than 1500 cc attracts this excise duty. As per the media reports the Dept of Heavy industries has recommended that this additional duty be scrapped.

The budget is slated for July 6. So it is a good idea if you wait till then before making your purchase. The car companies have also been lobbying for reduction of basic excise duty to bring it closer to small cars. The FM may just oblige. Fingers crossed.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Talk to multiple dealers and haggle as best as you can. All the best.
Thanks a lot Meer.

A question here.I heard once True Value does a valuation,this goes in the database and every dealer sticks to it.I am not
sure whether this is true.If not,then I can bargain more with the dealers for the price of my Swift.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Joy_Swift,
The government levies an additional excise duty of Rs 15000 on cars with engine capacity exceeding 1500 C. The SX4 being more than 1500 cc attracts this excise duty. As per the media reports the Dept of Heavy industries has recommended that this additional duty be scrapped.

The budget is slated for July 6. So it is a good idea if you wait till then before making your purchase. The car companies have also been lobbying for reduction of basic excise duty to bring it closer to small cars. The FM may just oblige. Fingers crossed.
I am planning to buy after the budget.Hopefully,prices would come down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Haggle with them as much as you can. In fact, tell the dealer you're talking to you have a final exchange price, (say 'X') and you're willing to walk away from the deal. See what happens.

TruValue is ALWAYS abt 15-20% lower than what you'd get if you shop around and speak to a couple of brokers.
So far,I have done that.Have quoted 2.6-2.7 and lets see if they come back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi d3mon,

Sorry but I do not agree about True Value price being fixed.
When checking prices for my old Wagon R with Spectra, Vitesse and Sai, I got completely different prices quoted. Sai Service was the highest and needless to say I exchanged it with them.

Regards,

SS
This is first hand info that prices can be negotiated even after True Value has done a valuation of your car.Thanks for the info Suzuki
Old 9th August 2009, 23:12   #37
BHPian

Booking a Black SX4 Zxi - Some queries

Hi All,

THE time has arrived.Am planning to book the SX4 this week.

Color chosen is black because I think the car looks best in it.The only problem is the maintenance but will give it a try

Now I have some questions.

1.I heard the noise in JK tyres is quite loud.I plan to go for the Michelin Primacy LC 205/60 R16.How much can I expect the dealer to give me for the exchange of the old JK tyres?

2.Plan to install a rear parking sensor.Any brands suggested on this?

3.Also,for the sunfilm do you have any suggestions for the side,rear and front windows?So far reading through the forum have heard of some sunfilms like 3M CR 70 and Llumar AIR65.What would be the approx side for the sunfilm to be fitted on the side and rear window?For the front window,think its around 6K.

4.Plan to have Stanley Leather for the seats and the door pads.Have a budget of 30k,lets see what quality I get in that budget.

5.Is the teflon coating worth it?

6.Do I go for anti-rust treatment as well?

Sorry to have bothered with so many questions.But need to decide about all this pretty soon,so would welcome all your suggestions.Thanks a lot

P.S - I have some more questions about changing the speakers,adding a subwoofer which have kept for later(in view of my shrinking budget)
Old 9th August 2009, 23:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Joy,

I bought a black SX4 Zxi two days back. My comments:

1. The stock tyres are ok - are noisy after 70-80Km/hr, but then again, can handle bad roads pretty well. I am planning to upgrade tyres after a couple of months.

2. I got Red Soul sensors (C4 model) free. Pretty useful. No camera/screen though - but I don't need one, so it is ok for me.

3. I got complementary Nanolux 50 sunfilm for side+back. Decent - though not that high end. I plan to put V-Kool 70 on the windscreen. Heard that it will cost me around 10-12K!

4. Haven't gone for teflon or anti-rust yet. Might go for anti-rust later.

5. Re: ICE: it is just OK. My 5 year old Blaupunkt sounds better that the stock ICE, but I can live with that.

The best thing about the SX4: you know that you can handle most roads in India - city, highway, and some 'no-roads'.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man,

get the tyres changed first, they are pathetic and very annoying. Michelin will be good. Do not go for any size change, current size is perfect.

Xenos sensors are good, here are few tips. Do not go for the model with Display on RVM, it rattles badly after that extra load. There is one model with display fixed on the A pillar. Also if possible for Six Sensor controller, which can accommodate the front two sensors also. In case you want to install them as well.

I went for 3M, only for sides, nothing for front and rear.

I have never opted for that teflon or antirust coating. Also MASS may offer you protective coating inside engine area, don't even think of going for it.

I am still running on the stock audio setup, good for me

Quote:
Hi All,

Color chosen is black because I think the car looks best in it.The only problem is the maintenance but will give it a try

1.I heard the noise in JK tyres is quite loud.I plan to go for the Michelin Primacy LC 205/60 R16.How much can I expect the dealer to give me for the exchange of the old JK tyres?

3.Also,for the sunfilm do you have any suggestions for the side,rear and front windows?So far reading through the forum have heard of some sunfilms like 3M CR 70 and Llumar AIR65.What would be the approx side for the sunfilm to be fitted on the side and rear window?For the front window,think its around 6K.

4.Plan to have Stanley Leather for the seats and the door pads.Have a budget of 30k,lets see what quality I get in that budget.

Sorry to have bothered with so many questions.But need to decide about all this pretty soon,so would welcome all your suggestions.Thanks a lot

P.S - I have some more questions about changing the speakers,adding a subwoofer which have kept for later(in view of my shrinking budget)
Old 10th August 2009, 11:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

So finally you are taking the plunge, all the best!

Quote:
Yes, black looks majestic but be prepared to maintain it well

Quote:

Yes, JK tyres are very hard and noisy. When I upgraded my esteem tyres to Bridgestones, the difference was huge, in terms of noise, handling as well as comfort. The advantage of JKs is that it goes on for longer, one of my friend's esteem still has decent JKs after 70K kms. Best time to exchange is on Day 1. When I bought my car, I asked the dealer and other tyre shops and they quoted me 4K per tyre for a bridgestone exchange, didnt have that much budget so did not go for it.

Quote:

Thats the first thing to do, saves lot of heartburn later. One unfortunate bump at the back and it will take more than the price of the sensor to repair. I have Xenos on my car and they are doing fine since 1 year now.

Quote:

I have 3M and they are very effective. I have tested through 2 summers and I have leather seats. V cool is much talked about but it is expensive.

Quote:

There are 3 brands in Stanley. Prince had mentioned the details in one of his post I think. You should be able to manage in that budget.

Quote:

I think you should go for paint protection. There are various international brands offering paint protection with warranty and follow up application. I think 3 M has it, I have done Auto-glym on my car and it is a UK based company.

Quote:

Do you mean underbody anti rust coating?

Also, IMHO dont get anything done from the dealer, best to do after delivery and weighing all choices as well as the cost factor.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:49   #41
BHPian

@Meer,R K Bharat,Nilanjan

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Seem to be many a common in your replies.

1.Tyres - Would change to Michelins if I get a decent price on the JK stock ones.Otherwise this can wait(money money money).

2.Rear Parking Sensor - Would go for Xenon(6 sensors).

3.Sunfilm - 3M seem to be the best(cant go for V Kool,too expensive).

4.No teflon or underbody anti-rust coating for the time being - can get it done from outside.

5.For the leather seats and doorpads,would get it done from Stanley after I get the car.

Would take a TD(had taken one earlier ) and then haggle on the discounts.

Updates to follow
Old 10th August 2009, 16:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Hi Joy, Sorry for the late reply. I guess most of your questions have been answered. My 2 cents below:

I have Installed 3M Sunfilms on all windows except the front windshield. VKool for front was way too expensive for me.

I have gone for a normal art leather seat covers (light cream colour). This cost close to 6k. Did not want to put an expensive one with a prankster of a son around in the car. Already there are scores of cuts and paintings on the seats

Not replaced my stock tyres though they are noisy at high speeds. However, you can manage with JK for sometime. I plan to replace them with Yoko once I complete 35K (Done almost 25K now)

I had gone for teflon coating. I find my car shine pretty decent even after 2 years and lots of parking in the hot sun. Have got the antirust done as well 2 years ago. I think it does make sense to go for the same

Have gone for a reverse parking (no camera and not the one that appears on the mirror) with 4 sensors. The indictor I have got fitted on the left corner of the dashboard near the quarter glass. This beeps while reversing and when within a range. Found this very useful (dont remember the brand but I paid 3K) Will PM you the brand soon

Congrats on a great decision. SX4 is a good car and all the best
Old 10th August 2009, 17:58   #43
BHPian

On the leather seats, I agree with nurni76. I did not want to spend too much money on that, so went for art leather. Still looks good after 1 year, so I think it was not a bad decision It cost me 7 k.

Last edited by Meer : 10th August 2009 at 17:59. Reason: Tags correction
Old 10th August 2009, 18:14   #44
BHPian

@ Meer and Nurni,

Good to hear that you are happy with your art leather seats.
Now I think I can go for that as well considering its around 20K less than my budget.

In these troubled times,would be nice to save some money to later spend on the subwoofer/amp

Slightly OT,does anyone know how to change the title of the thread?Thanks in advance.

Last edited by joy_swift : 10th August 2009 at 18:16.
Old 11th August 2009, 07:47   #45
Team-BHP Support

I don't know the market in Cal but here's some Mbai perspective. I just got Rs. 2.6L for a July 2005 swift VXi with 56,000 kms on the clock. That too from a dealer. If I had persisted, I may even have received a little more. If your car is in excellent condition, I think you should at least try to get 2.75 for it given your running. If you have the patience to sell to an individual, you should get about 2.9 at least maybe.

Why don't you also consider the new City. They have an Autoterrace - you can get a quote from them for your Swift. Dont get discouraged by their very first quote. Once they realise you are a serious customer and out to close a deal; and if you demonstrate rival bids, their offers will get realistic. The 1st offer in my experience is generally quite low.

All the best !

Quote:
Hi All,

I had gone to a MAruti Dealership in Kolkata and they have offered 2.4L.

Now I have a couple of questions.
1.Is 2.4L a decent value as I had expected something around 2.6 - 2.7L?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks