Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 11:33   #46
BHPian

Hey Axe,

Yes for my Swift I realistically expected around 2.7 from the dealer but now he has given me 2.6(upped it),so am ok with it.I know for individuals it might go upto 3 considering it was only owner driven and I took pretty good care of it,but am not sure of the hassles.

So wanted to exchange that for the SX4.

As far as ANHC is concerned,its a good car but is a tad expensive for me.The loaded one without alloys comes to 9.5L OTR and would be somewhere around 10-10.3 with alloys,so is far above my budget.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:43   #47
BHPian

I have not driven SX4 yet so I cannot give comments on its on road performance. But I have seen SX4's interiors and I should say it looks pretty ordinary for its class.

No offence, but I dont see much difference in the quality of interiors in dzire(vxi) and SX4(e.g> dashboard). For the price you pay for SX4, I would expect more out of it. Compare its interiors with Linea. Also compare its ICE. I think even in SX4, Maruti gives Nippon ICE, while in Linea it is Blaupunkt.

_Vishal
Old 11th August 2009, 14:12   #48
Team-BHP Support

Hey - only after posting my prev msg did I realise from your later posts that you had already frozen on the SX4. I've driven it a bit and its a fantastic car too by any standard. I've loved my Swift and the SX4 is also the same pedigree. and the (lack of) VFM factor is a little frustrating with the ANHC.

Selling to the dealer is indeed a lot more convenient even if it fetches a little less, particularly if you want to plonk the money soon on the new car. That's what I did too finally.

Have fun with the new acquisition.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Hey Axe,

Yes for my Swift I realistically expected around 2.7 from the dealer but now he has given me 2.6(upped it),so am ok with it.I know for individuals it might go upto 3 considering it was only owner driven and I took pretty good care of it,but am not sure of the hassles.

So wanted to exchange that for the SX4.

As far as ANHC is concerned,its a good car but is a tad expensive for me.The loaded one without alloys comes to 9.5L OTR and would be somewhere around 10-10.3 with alloys,so is far above my budget.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:42   #49
BHPian

@Axe,

Thanks man.

Yes,I am driving the Swift for the last 3.5 yrs and absolutely love the drive.Am a very satisfied customer and so wanted to go for a Maruti.

But I did TD some other cars(Linea,Fiesta,Aveo) and the best I liked was the Fiesta 1.6S from the drive perspective.The only downside was the new Fiesta coming next year and the Ford A>S>S.

I had loved the SX4 from the day it was launched and decided to go for it.

My budget was limited to 8L and so unfortunately,the ANHC was never in question.

Agree with selling to the dealer part and esp since it would be adjusted against the new SX4.

@Vishal,

I have seen the interiors of Linea,might be only a tad better.I can live with the interiors of a SX4.As far as ICE is concerned,even the ones in my Dad's Civic are not that impressive.You would always have to customise it to get better sound which I will do in due course of time.

Last edited by joy_swift : 11th August 2009 at 17:46.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:29   #50
BHPian

I dont know abt most of it, but as for the leather in your car, i think you'll get pretty decent quality for 30k.
and bargain with your dealer for free anti-rust coating.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
On the leather seats, I agree with nurni76. I did not want to spend too much money on that, so went for art leather. Still looks good after 1 year, so I think it was not a bad decision It cost me 7 k.
Even I opted for Art Leather because of money crunch, but it has one major issue.

With hot and humid weather in Delhi/Gurgaon, it generates lots of sweat, on the contact points, like back, not sure if its just me or common problem
Old 13th August 2009, 15:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

7k is expensive for art leather. I got art leather (dual tone) in my sx4 last month for 4.5k, and it looks and feels much better than the art leather seats that my Safari had. quite a few have confused it with real leather
Old 13th August 2009, 15:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

I have Stanley classic in my SX4 and I am very happy with them. There is no problem about sweat or interiors heating up at all. The only issue is that the beige colour was a wrong choice on my part because it gets dirty very easily. Maybe the classic leather hide also tends to attract and retain dust easily. I think I spent about Rs.23,000 for them. The amount may seem high but they are paisa vasool.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:59   #54
BHPian

Today I did a TD of the SX4(they brought the 2 yr old DEMO car) for the upteenth time .I loved the acceleration and also the way it handles the bad roads.The TD is a formality now since have already decided on the product.But still wanted to check one last time before I do the booking.

The blower was making a turbine-like noise which was quite loud.Now I have no such problems in my Swift and wasnt expecting this.The salesman said that it normally doesnt happen in new cars.

@SX4 owners - Have any of you faced a similar kind of problem in your cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
IThe only issue is that the beige colour was a wrong choice on my part because it gets dirty very easily. Maybe the classic leather hide also tends to attract and retain dust easily.
Incidentally,I am also thinking about the beige color

Can you please let me know how often do you need to clean them?
Once a month will do for me.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The blower was making a turbine-like noise which was quite loud.Now I have no such problems in my Swift and wasnt expecting this.The salesman said that it normally doesnt happen in new cars.
Hello Joy,
Congratulations on your SX4 !

The blower gets quite loud at higher speeds . Its normal with the sx4 , but it cools really well ..

BTW, About the tyres ,

The stock JK vectras are total C R A P ! They get really loud at 80-90kph+ speeds especially on the highway , there is a lot of wind noise from those huge mirrors and lots of tyre noise . It gets really irritating

Innitial brake feel is good, much better than the swift.. But the JKs loose traction very quickly under heavy braking and the ABS kicks in.. Then the car just does not stop, the braking diatance is atleast 2 car length's longer .. Very scarry and dangerous.
There is also a lot of torque steer when you accelerate hard out of a corner.

I changed the tyres on the swift the first day itself to 185/70/r14 XM1+ on stock rims .
It made me realise how much of a difference the tyres can make to a car . I got 1000rs per tyre as buy back. My sx4 is still running on stock tyres and the buy back for 12k km old jk tyres is Rs300 per tyre.

You should get a lot more for your tyres when they are brand new.

Trust me on this .. The 10-15k that you spend on new tyres will be money very well spent .

Cheers .
Old 14th August 2009, 14:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:

@SX4 owners - Have any of you faced a similar kind of problem in your cars?

Incidentally,I am also thinking about the beige color

Can you please let me know how often do you need to clean them?
Once a month will do for me.
Hi Joy,

Blower noise is a little loud but not excessive especially as you increase the speed.

I have beige (light) seat covers. Normal dusting by the cleaner every weekend is what I follow as a routine. I just got them cleaned once at the service station after nearly 1.5 years. It cost me 600 Rs but now looks as good as new

Last edited by nurni76 : 14th August 2009 at 14:03.
Old 14th August 2009, 16:55   #57
BHPian

Yup!. I agree with you. Go for whichever is chosen by your heart!. You will love it forever!.

_Vishal

Quote:
@Axe,

Thanks man.

Yes,I am driving the Swift for the last 3.5 yrs and absolutely love the drive.Am a very satisfied customer and so wanted to go for a Maruti.

But I did TD some other cars(Linea,Fiesta,Aveo) and the best I liked was the Fiesta 1.6S from the drive perspective.The only downside was the new Fiesta coming next year and the Ford A>S>S.

I had loved the SX4 from the day it was launched and decided to go for it.

My budget was limited to 8L and so unfortunately,the ANHC was never in question.

Agree with selling to the dealer part and esp since it would be adjusted against the new SX4.

@Vishal,

I have seen the interiors of Linea,might be only a tad better.I can live with the interiors of a SX4.As far as ICE is concerned,even the ones in my Dad's Civic are not that impressive.You would always have to customise it to get better sound which I will do in due course of time.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Joy Swift ,
Any progress ? Have you bought your steed as yet? I have Stanley classic leather . It is a combo of Art leather ( non contact) and genuine leather in contact areas. Bought it in June last year ( seats/doorpads, gear knob and steering wheel cover )and it cost me 22k . Very happy with the decision although I have recetly burnt the front seat with a cigarette butt. Can't get the spot away.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:23   #59
BHPian

I changed my tyres instantly to 215/55/16 Silverstones (which I actually found to be quite decent); and last week changed them after 37,000kms to Yoko A Drive R1s 205/55/16. These are really smooth tyres and real quiet too. Havent pushed them so much as yet.

I got the artificial leather (or whatever they're called) seat covers in red and black, the slip on types; serving the purpose really well.
Reversing sensors - didnt the dealership offer you these? Xenos are decent AFAIK.

As far as the ICE goes; I got JBL 607C's in the front and JBL 936s in the rear (carried forward from my old car). THe only mistake I made was cutting the sheet to accomadate these speakers. Bit of a rattle has developed over time. Going to be changing these to 938s soon. However, I do however have a Sony ZM 4 channel in the boot. If you go for a somewhat similar setup you wont realy need a woofer as the 6x9s bring the bass out effectively.

Congratulations! Its an awesome car to have...

Last edited by anantnehru : 22nd August 2009 at 11:27.
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:27   #60
BHPian

Joy_swift, SX4 in black looks hot with the skirts all around.Do try to go in for skirts as the stock car looks a bit raised.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks