Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 19:06   #16
BHPian

I my be biased Raj, however I would suggest that go in for the Getz Crdi..its got loads of performance.

A new car is a new car..period and as Avi bhai mentioned..CNG conversion and all is not Bhpian types.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Getz CRDi is EOL, and will probably stopped before year end. I bought a new Getz CRDi a month back fully aware of this, prepared to take hit on the resale 5-6 years later- only because the power and driveability (after upsizing the tires) is pretty much amazing for a 5.61 (Chennai) car.

All of your requirements are met by this car. And believe me, you will end up travelling more than 2000 KM per month- I take a longer route back home from work only to drive this baby around more

If you too are in the same boat as I am, then go for the rocket. A second hand NHC's resale after 3 years would probably be lesser than a first hand Getz CRDi's - or I may be wrong here. Any insights on that?
Old 18th July 2009, 20:03   #18
BHPian

Hondas are known for long term reliability on engine & other parts! But do buy from some authorised shop so you get warranty on this! Else go with new car!
Old 19th July 2009, 16:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hondas are known for long term reliability on engine & other parts! But do buy from some authorised shop so you get warranty on this! Else go with new car!
Honda has long term reliable engines. So does the CRDI power plant in Getz. More over, new one will give you company warranty and better resale value.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raj, my take :

* if you are spoiled by the Indica's seat comfort, you may find the Getz to fall short. The seat height is on the lower side, so the under-thigh will not be fully supported.
* Getz will be smaller inside.

NHC relatively better on both counts.

Engine wise : the Getz is the pick.
Dealer network : Hyundai may be better again. Honda seems to be loaded with cars for servicing.

Suggest you look at other options too. One such car is the Ikon TDCi, if I may invite you :-)
Old 19th July 2009, 18:12   #21
BANNED

very frankly! i have not driven NHC..but bought my GETZ about 4 months back.after driving a zen for quite some time. And all the time i knew that this car may be discontind very shortyly still i went for it. because it might be a blessing a disguise! ( you can have The fastest hatch for a long long time)
well every one is aware of acceleration that a getz crdi gives you ,tyre shredring and hey thats not the only thing good about the car ! its got pretty well sorted out interiors(may not be as good as city! may be) acres of space everywhere inside cabin!
very economical! gives me 14-15 inside city consistely and goes ot even 19-20 on long drives! with ac(haridwar-manali-haridwar).
well fitying a CNG or LPG will certainl make the car sluggish and feel underpowered for NHC,there is no exception to this rule! more over why would you want to buy an old car for about the same price when you can get india's hotters hatch for it.
My wife usually asks me where the hell was i,when the office gt over at 5,and i m at home at 8. how to tell her,i was enjoying Nuking some swifts ,corollas,cities on the highway(my office is just 10 min drive from my home)
Old 19th July 2009, 18:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
My wife usually asks me where the hell was i,when the office gt over at 5,and i m at home at 8. how to tell her,i was enjoying Nuking some swifts ,corollas,cities on the highway(my office is just 10 min drive from my home)
Specimen A : How a Team-BHPian can get into trouble at home for no fault of his own, owing to his uncontrollable natural instincts
Old 20th July 2009, 11:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,
With a sad tone, I have to say that the Getz is no longer available for me to buy in Hyderabad.

So planning to go ahead with the NHC, there is a sign of small bend in the channel where the bonnet sits, I would like to get it checked at a friend's workshop for any more damages as well as for any mechanical issues. If it comes out clean, most probably I will be getting this car by this thursday(It takes 3-4 days to get the finance approval).

Also, can the NHC owners please tell, the car has done 67,000 km, how many more KMs the car can run without any clutch over-haul or replacement. The existing owner was a very careful driver, I did not feel anything unusual in the clutch when I test drove it. We also drive our cars very carefully. For the record, our last car Indica DLS did around a lakh KMs when we sold with out any clutch work. Also any cost info on the clutch replacement??

@parwath, A serious no no for the Ford, fiat, tata and skoda. Only Honda, Toyota, Suzuki and Hyundai. Of all the cars by these I felt the NHC is the best bet for our requirements.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:39   #24
BHPian

Thats a sad news dude. You missed it. How about new Logan Diesel? It must fit your price bracket and also loads of space available and lot more economic than NHC.
Old 21st July 2009, 12:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Thats a sad news dude. You missed it. How about new Logan Diesel? It must fit your price bracket and also loads of space available and lot more economic than NHC.
Logan,
This is what get to understand about Logan from team-bhp:
1. Bad ergonomics.
2. Clutch issues.
3. Power Steering issues.
4. Poor resale value.
5. No one has any idea on the future of Renault - M&M JV in India.
6. Logan has taxi image.
7. Logan diesel is over priced.

1,2,3 are of serious concern especially I am taking this car keeping my father in mind, as he will be driving 250KM every weekend.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:15   #26
BHPian

I think you should reconsider the Logan, even if not the diesel, the petrol 1.4 are quite cheap and I find them to be good. There is a tread by Ashutosh in the forum who has a 1.4 Logan, and seems to be pretty happy with the ownership expirence.

A new car is anyday better than an old car.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

a quickie

hi guys,
there is a 2006 black baleno lxi for sale with the true value folks for 3.5Lakhs. I would like to know how is the Baleno w.r.t:

1. Rear Seat comfort
2. spares availability
3. reliability of the baleno (I dont want the car to stall on the highway)
4. conversion to LPG / CNG.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
hi guys,
there is a 2006 black baleno lxi for sale with the true value folks for 3.5Lakhs. I would like to know how is the Baleno w.r.t:

1. Rear Seat comfort Good, but not as spacious as NHC
2. spares availability--It's a Maruti, after all. However some spares are extremely costly---like 20 K for a set of rear lights.
3. reliability of the baleno (I dont want the car to stall on the highway)-Good
4. conversion to LPG / CNG. No idea---I am averse to the idea.
Seems to be a good buy! My responses are in bold.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2
hi guys,

1. Rear Seat comfort Good, but not as spacious as NHC
2. spares availability--It's a Maruti, after all. However some spares are extremely costly---like 20 K for a set of rear lights.
3. reliability of the baleno (I dont want the car to stall on the highway)-Good
4. conversion to LPG / CNG. No idea---I am averse to the idea.
Seems to be a good buy! My responses are in bold.
Now you are scaring me!!!
20K for a set of rear lights!!! If thats the situation now, what it would be after a year or two??
Its so high because baleno is out of production(Or is it so that maruti guys want to make many on this model at least from the baleno owners ). BTW, NHC is also out of production.

How are the spare parts prices of NHC when compared to Baleno?

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 21st July 2009 at 17:31.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to confuse you , but for your running its better to go for diesel. Why not try a decently maintained Accent CRDI. There are a few who complained that its a pain to maintain after 60-75k km. But if you find a sparsely used one , no harm IMO.

Most Viewed