Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 18:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Raj, the car is looking very neat, clean and shiny. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Cheers,
Old 21st September 2009, 19:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, imran and raveendra.

I hope to bring it to the up coming meet if my dad doesnt go to the farm house as he does that every weekend. Next weekend being the Dusehra weekend, I am not pretty sure about my presence in the Hyderabad. In any case, we can meet up some time in the week days.

The car is done 56,000km. Last servicing done at 55,000km. Tyres changed 15,000km ago. The car has very light sun film/tints, very much to our liking. It has a sony HU and two front co-axials and two rear co-axials. Nothing much need to change. Got the car checked up at a Hyundai Service Center. Found out that the owner tuned up the suspension at the time of tyre change and yes the suspension is in a good condition.

The car battery, I think is showing its age, does not start at the first instant in the morning but nothing major trouble in store for us. This was confirmed by the Hyundai folks as well. But we will change the battery to an Amaron one for tension free life. Also I happen to notice a small play in one of the radiator clips. This I intend to change as well. The gear lever is not as smooth as Avi's(mobike008) but it is firm, there is no play in the gear lever. I think in our hands it will smoothed out.

Today my dad took the car to our farm house on the NH9, and boy when I spoke to my father he is thrilled the way the car reaches the 100Kmph mark. We owned a indica dls before this, so there will be a very noticeable change.

Now I am waiting for my turn for a drive on the highways, which is not likely possible any time sooner as I will be using the car in the weekdays to commute to office while my dad will be ripping on the weekends on the highways. :(

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 21st September 2009 at 20:00.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:55   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Raj, the car looks really neat and does not look at it has done 50+K kms. I hope your enjoying the torque power

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Mechanically i would rate the car 8 on 10. It scored less in the mechanical department after comparing with two of the team-bhpians who own accent viva crdi here in Hyderabad.
Thanks, i am assuming i am one of the two?

Quote:
The gear lever is not as smooth as Avi's(mobike008) but it is firm, there is no play in the gear lever. (
Thanks again. Aren't you being too generous today?
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Raj, the car looks really neat and does not look at it has done 50+K kms. I hope your enjoying the torque power
Yeah! the owner (he is the brother-in-law of my dad's ex-colleague), I heard always wants the car to look good.

Quote:
Thanks, i am assuming i am one of the two?
Thanks again. Aren't you being too generous today?
The first thing when my dad said that this car looks so neat and well maintained, I said it isn't as great as a team-bhpians car. Oh! yeah I was referring to yours and yash's red viva, when I said that. Your car deserves that respect dude.

What i really wasnt impressed with our car is that the clutch pedal is not as soft as your car. Though it is definitely softer than our Indica, but accent is a C segment car and I was expecting a smooth clutch. The first gear is not that smooth as well. But in normal, I would say it is in good condition till I start to think about your car condition. In comparison yours is in much better condition mechanically. Oh! If you remember, I drove your car from Vanasthalipuram to Himayathnagar in the return journey from the Suryalanka drive.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:35   #50
BHPian

Congrats Raj, good purchase. The car does look well maintained and to add to it the previous owner has been doing the right things at the right time, such as suspension tune-up during tyre change, Tyre change at 43k kms etc.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Raj buddy, congrats. This is a good sensible purchase. hope to see it in flesh on Sunday!

oh, yes...since no one mentioned it....where is the PARTY!!!!
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Congrats Raj, good purchase. The car does look well maintained and to add to it the previous owner has been doing the right things at the right time, such as suspension tune-up during tyre change, Tyre change at 43k kms etc.
Thank you suren bhai. Yeah! thats what we were impressed at. I got to know that he doesnt own the car for more than 3 years. He bought a deisel swift two years ago, he would be selling it off next year!! Now he is looking to buy an Innova in place of the Accent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Raj buddy, congrats. This is a good sensible purchase. hope to see it in flesh on Sunday!

oh, yes...since no one mentioned it....where is the PARTY!!!!
yeah! parties i should say!!
Your SX4 party as well!!! And oh! Arun's getzy party, Avi bhai did not give for his i10 and how can we forget Raveendra's palio .
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raj---the car looks cool and well-maintained. I'd say you should thank your stars that you did not go in for a Santro or a WagonR---in which case you'd have almost immediately felt cramped, when compared to your old Indica.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your SX4 party as well!!! And oh! Arun's getzy party, Avi bhai did not give for his i10 and how can we forget Raveendra's palio .

boss, all those parties are over and done with....not our fault if you choose to be perpetually tentative

so cut the excuses, and loosen some purse strings.......
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you suren bhai. Yeah! thats what we were impressed at. I got to know that he doesnt own the car for more than 3 years. He bought a deisel swift two years ago, he would be selling it off next year!! Now he is looking to buy an Innova in place of the Accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
boss, all those parties are over and done with....not our fault if you choose to be perpetually tentative

so cut the excuses, and loosen some purse strings.......
Dunno about Avi's i10, but the others are all spoken for and ancient history now.

Time to come out of dreamland or rather tentativeland.

Cheers,
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:31   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The first thing when my dad said that this car looks so neat and well maintained, I said it isn't as great as a team-bhpians car. Oh! yeah I was referring to yours and yash's red viva, when I said that. Your car deserves that respect dude.

But in normal, I would say it is in good condition till I start to think about your car condition. In comparison yours is in much better condition mechanically. Oh! If you remember, I drove your car from Vanasthalipuram to Himayathnagar in the return journey from the Suryalanka drive.
Thank You---Bowing Bowing !!!

Well, let me in you on a surprise. I never use the clutch pedal that's the reason it's in the same condition as when i took the car out of the showroom, whatever hardness you feel must be because of the few test drives that it went through in the last 3 years including yours from Vanasthalipuram to Hmythngr

Quote:
What i10 your talking about? I didn't buy it for myself. It's for my wife and she never let's me touch the white angel, so i am perfectly excused from giving a party. Now what's your excuse? ( your dad bought the car and not you?

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd September 2009 at 16:33.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks really neat.Do you mind revealing the price?Else PM me
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Looks really neat.Do you mind revealing the price?Else PM me
Oh! I missed on this front to mention it earlier. I think it would benefit others. I paid 4.2L for this one.

According to the carwale the price is around 3.75L to 3.9L for a car in excellent condition. It means I paid 30K to 50K more than the carwale value. Accent CRDi has a pretty good resale value in Hyderabad. Since we got the reference from a used car agent the 4.2L includes 5k towards his fees for showing us the car and another 2% from the previous owner, thats another 8K. So the seller got only 4.07L. The previous owner was almost cribbing that he lost nearly 4L in depreciation in 3 years as the accent CRDi is discontinued. Accent CRDi costed around 8L in mid 2006. Funny thing is that the seller is known person and the agent is also a known person!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What i10 your talking about? I didn't buy it for myself. It's for my wife and she never let's me touch the white angel, so i am perfectly excused from giving a party. Now what's your excuse? ( your dad bought the car and not you?
You are absolutely right! I haven't paid a single rupee for it from my pocket!!!

From my pocket, I bought a used ZMA and I am contemplating of buying a 1980s SS80. I am poor chap you know. When was the last time you saw me coming in a car to a meet.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 22nd September 2009 at 17:35.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are absolutely right! I haven't paid a single rupee for it from my pocket!!!

So you have more money for the GRAND Party. . . .

Cheers,
Old 24th September 2009, 20:01   #60
BHPian

Raj,
Car looks neat, and I bet you must have checked it quite well.
Congrats, and that calls for a party.

Most Viewed