Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 15:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Used NHC or any other used sedan? EDIT: Bought 2006 Accent CRDi.

MODS: I am not sure where to post this thread and hence posted it here.

We sold of our Indica DLS recently and out in the market looking for a car with good space and comfortable rear seat(indica spoiled us), good FE, decent boot space.

I am looking at two cars (in different segments though) now. We intend to pay around 2 lakhs towards down payment and the rest we intend to take loan.

Used NHC, a good 2004/2005 NHC is coming to around 4 Lakhs. While New Getz CRDi is coming to around 5.5 Lakhs.

So we would be looking at 2 Lakhs of loan for the NHC while 3.5 Lakhs for the Getz. The quotes we got are 3585 per lakh for the NHC for 36 months and 3300 per lakh for the Getz, both the quotes are from HDFC(I think I can negotiate further on these).

If we decide the NHC, we will put on the CNG kit(thats around 50,000 more) and we will own it for 3 years(after which we intend to replace it) and if we buy the Getz, we will own it for at least 5 years.

I am not able to come to a proper conclusion on which car to buy.

Please suggest me which car to own from total ownership point of view both interms of finances and peace of mind.

Monthly usage:
40Km a day from Monday to Saturday and 250km on weekend. Thats around 2000Km per month.

PS: Please dont suggest Indica Vista, Ikon and the punto(no to tata, ford and fiat) and swift(poor interior space) also we can not increase our budget any more.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:05   #2
BHPian

I would suggest the Hyundai CRDi. You will also get a warranty ( 2years I think) which you may not get on an old car unless you buy it from one of the big second hand car dealers.

Unless you are totally put off by FIAT, you can also consider the Palio MJD. It has better leg room than the Punto or i20 and will be much cheaper. It has dated interiors though. But if you can live with it, it will be easier on your pocket.

My suggestion is Getz CRDi.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Raj (right??), unless you need a bigger boot than the one that comes in CRDI, it would be the Getz between the two you have listed. Needless to say you get the advantage of diesel (lower running costs), stonker of an engine (driving pleasure), newer car, warranty (piece of mind) etc. If I were you between the two I would select the CRDI eyes closed.

BTW do they have still stocks of Getz CRDI in Hyderabad?.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:12   #4
BHPian

Looking at your requirements and driving pattern, I would recommend NHC. Even though it is 4-5 years old, if it is well-maintained, then I am sure it will serve you very well for the next 3 years. With your kind of driving, I see no major gain in moving from one hatch to another.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the replies. I am unable to come to a conclusion on the financial aspect between the two. Also the rear seat comfort is an important thing, thats where my parents would be sitting. I am a bit tall at 6'2" and father is around 5'10".
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Raj (right??),
yes sir.
Quote:
unless you need a bigger boot than the one that comes in CRDI, it would be the Getz between the two you have listed.
After fitting a CNG kit in the NHC, I dont see much left in it when compared to Getz.
Quote:
Needless to say you get the advantage of diesel (lower running costs), stonker of an engine (driving pleasure), newer car, warranty (piece of mind) etc.
Both work out to be similar on the fuel expenses, i guess the CNG would be even cheaper. After driving indica dls for more than 6 years, its a pleasure to drive an alto 800 as well
Quote:
If I were you between the two I would select the CRDI eyes closed.
Thats what my heart says too.
Quote:
BTW do they have still stocks of Getz CRDI in Hyderabad?.
Its available on order basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I would suggest the Hyundai CRDi. You will also get a warranty ( 2years I think) which you may not get on an old car unless you buy it from one of the big second hand car dealers.
I think it is 3 years, I will check on this again.

Quote:
Unless you are totally put off by FIAT, you can also consider the Palio MJD. It has better leg room than the Punto or i20 and will be much cheaper. It has dated interiors though. But if you can live with it, it will be easier on your pocket.
Yes I am totally put of by FIAT, they dont seem to be improving their A$$ in hdyerabad. One of the team-bhpians with a linea had to wait for 2 or 3 months for a part to be replaced!!!(I think its still not replaced). Also the boot in the Getz appeared to be more than the Palio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Looking at your requirements and driving pattern, I would recommend NHC. Even though it is 4-5 years old, if it is well-maintained, then I am sure it will serve you very well for the next 3 years. With your kind of driving, I see no major gain in moving from one hatch to another.
That is what I really wanted to know. What would be the costs I would be incurring in owning towards servicing and parts replacement. As most of the 4-5 year old NHCs have done 60K to 70K km and in the next 3 years we would do another 60K to 70K km easily.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:45   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj, opt for a getz crdi and buy peace of mind for the next five years. Knowing your driving style and lifestyle, it would be in safe hands and will last longer, be cheaper to own and space is also quite good for a hatch.
My vote goes for the CRDi
Old 17th July 2009, 17:01   #7
BHPian

My vote is for the GETZ CRDI. NHC though has a good engine, the performance and boot space will vanish once you fit in the CNG.

Also CRDI is a proven engine economical for daily use. And peace of mind with the warranty for new one.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDI has a much more comfortable rear seat (thats what I felt) compared to NHC. My parents also commented the same thing.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:29   #9
BHPian

BTW are you sure of availability of CNG in hyderabad?. I have not seen any CNG stations yet. I have seen a few auto LPG bunks often with a huge queue.

Fitting a aftermarket LPG or CNG kit may not be a wise idea.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:46   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And highly irregular and unethical for tbhp folks
Old 17th July 2009, 17:46   #11
Team-BHP Support

If I had been in your place, I would have bought the Getz CRDi. However, you may have a tough time sourcing one !!
Old 17th July 2009, 17:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW are you sure of availability of CNG in hyderabad?I have not seen any CNG stations yet.
There are at least 3 of them in Hyderabad and 3 are under construction.:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1198797
Out of the current three, one is on my way to the office and another around 3 km from my residence and the other on the way to our farm which we do in the weekend. WOW! what a convenience for us

Quote:
I have seen a few auto LPG bunks often with a huge queue.
That queue is of the autos. And there are separate lines for the autos and the cars.
Quote:
can you please elaborate on this??
Old 17th July 2009, 17:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDi, given your daily running of 40km. Will translate to savings which you can genuinely benifit from over a running of that distance. AND, it's a crazy missile to drive. Where are you going to find one though? (I hope you do!)
Old 17th July 2009, 18:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Getz, Raj! Nothing like a new car!
The NHC only has one advantage--more rear room and a boot. Period!
Old 17th July 2009, 18:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

If you don;t need a boot that badly then go for a CRDi. Its got one hell of an engine and plus it would be a brand new vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks