Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2005, 05:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300
This should have been in the What Car section, but i do not have permissions to create a thread there. hence posting it here.

i have two options:

1.NHC CVT about 8months old, 10K kms - approx 6.5L

2.New Baleno Lxi

This is for city driving - bangalore.
about 20kms per day.

I was about to decide on NHC CVT - but many threads here kinda discourage me from going for NHC.

If i were to consider both brand new - Baleno at 6.5L and City at 7.6 (Exi. CVT would be about 9 i guess), i would have gone for Baleno. But getting a less used CVT for same price is tempting..

gurus, what do u say ?
Buddy, the whole point about driving a non-automatic car is the tranmission and the feel of power while shifting through the gears. Most men prefer a manual transmission. Period, but there are always exceptions. If even the pleasure of changing gears is a nuisance!!!!! I don't know what to say to you, I'm outta words.
Yes, the roads are horribly conjested, but sitting in a car with the AC on!!!! what more do you need. Go for the Baleno, its the most under rated car sadly but one amazing car. ICEMAN a member here has a Baleno, ask him more about the Baleno.

Last edited by Akkiben : 11th July 2005 at 06:05.
Old 2nd August 2005, 23:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

With 20km per day dont even think about the Baleno. Place them side by side, Baleno looks like a age old design. It lacks space and the interiors reflect a decade old design. Owning Baleno myself, I will say that yes, you do fall in love with the power and performance of the car. However I only get to enjoy that power once I m on the highway.
In city driving, having an automatic is a boon. Having driven automatic car (Hyundai Coupe-98) I will say its a fad that automatic cars cant be fast or dont give you the feel. Just step on the pedal and see the gear change and the tyre burn the tarmac.
City has nice interiors, automatic trans which is badly needed on Indian roads, the looks and design are not dated, and it has loads more of space. Its no performance machine, but it has pretty good low end torque for the city.
Buy the City if you are not an auto enthusiasist, or choose Baleno if you want power and performance and dont care about space, design or interiors.
Old 3rd August 2005, 00:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
With 20km per day dont even think about the Baleno. Place them side by side, Baleno looks like a age old design. It lacks space and the interiors reflect a decade old design. Owning Baleno myself, I will say that yes, you do fall in love with the power and performance of the car. However I only get to enjoy that power once I m on the highway. .
Aseem,
I did not know that you owned a Baleno...thought you owned a swift as that is the only car purchase you have discussed on this board
Old 3rd August 2005, 00:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

What was the final decision? I guess, it is been long time since the original question was posted. Any updates?
Old 3rd August 2005, 00:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Baleno and NHC are two distict models competing in the same segment.

Want power and maruti service? go baleno

want Fresh looks(remember it is a love it hate it feature) and HOnda reliability ? go Honda

both have good fuel efficiency . Baleno ac rocks but tyres suck while ride is good in HOnda but ac just about average.

ride is better in Baleno ANY DAY compared to NHC...yes tyres suck for an enthusiast who may want to use the full potential on tap in Baleno...they are not bad for sedate driving though...

Let me put it this way..they will do a pretty good job if we put the NHC engine in the Baleno !!!

But any one can spend 6 k and go for 185/70 R 13 that preserve the ride but provide additional grip....of course enthusiasts can go for 185/65 R 14, 195/60 R 14, 195/55 R 15...but all these will require you to invst in Rims as well !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks