Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2005, 11:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

no comparison between a Baleno and an Accent man...
Close your eyes and go for the Baleno.. it will give you more Power, Mileage, Space and Efficiency than Hyundai Accent.. (and of course lesser maintanance)

Just remember to put fatter tyres though...
Old 7th July 2005, 17:36   #32
BHPian

But the engine cc and bhp are thesame for both Baleno and Accent.
Old 7th July 2005, 17:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had decided to buy Baleno LXI when a friend suggested to consider Accent GLS too.
What do you think should I go for ? Baleno or Accent ?
If you want diesel car then go for Accent CRDi (totally in love with that engine after driving drifters car)
or else stick with Baleno.

Quote:
I went to a tyre dealer and he advised me against going for alloys
don't trust 'em
the problem which they told you are only if you have ultra low profile tyres which you aren't going to go for
besides almost all luxury cars come with Alloys doesn't that says it all?

Quote:
Which tyres would be better without alloys - tubeless or regular ones ?
even without alloys go for Tubless they are worth every ruppee

Quote:
For normal rims, which tyre would be better for Baleno - 185/70 or 185/65 ?
for comfort go for 70 but body roll might be high check it
my astra also has GoodYear GT770+ 185/70 & body roll isn't that much of problem

Quote:
4. If I want to replace the centre console with the silvery one (which comes in VXI), what is the approx. cost of that ?
i think its only a plastic part so might be pretty cheap
Old 8th July 2005, 13:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
I had decided to buy Baleno LXI when a friend suggested to consider Accent GLS too.
What do you think should I go for ? Baleno or Accent ?
If you had decided on the Baleno, it means that you really liked the car. Don't change it now because your friend is recommending another vehicle.

After all the analysis, Baleno is no slouch, as everybody will vouch. Accent is also good, but does not hold a candle to the Baleno.
Old 20th July 2005, 09:35   #35
BHPian

Hi all

I have joined the gang too. I'm going to get the delivery of Baleno LXI today. Jeez I can hardly wait !!!

Thanks to all of you who helped me in making this decision.

For all those price conscious people, I managed to get it at a handsome price of 5.57 lac after much negotiation.

Hope it gives me great unending pleasure....
Old 21st July 2005, 01:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

thought will help you with some of your post purchase dissonance...Bhp might be same in Baleno and Accent...but according to an ACI comparo...Baleno is 4 sec (yes FOUR) FASTER to 140 kmph compared to ...not the Accent 1.5 GLS BUT ...the *Performance* car from hyundai...the Accent Tornado 1.6 GLX...goes on to show that korean horses are puny compared to japanese ones (Baleno 94 BHP Versus Tornado 102 BHP)...also you will always get 1-2 KMPL more than what your Accent owner friend gets...

Last edited by Buffetfan : 21st July 2005 at 02:00. Reason: mistype
Old 21st July 2005, 10:49   #37
BHPian

I got my beauty yesterday and I just love it. There is one thing. The dealer told me that in Baleno LXI, the power antenna is only for aesthetics and the stereo is connected to the manual antenna that comes along. That means I would have to extend both antenna while listening to teh stereo. Is that correct ?
Old 21st July 2005, 11:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
I got my beauty yesterday and I just love it. There is one thing. The dealer told me that in Baleno LXI, the power antenna is only for aesthetics and the stereo is connected to the manual antenna that comes along. That means I would have to extend both antenna while listening to teh stereo. Is that correct ?
Congrats on your purchase. As far as I know, I don't think that Baleno LXI comes with a power antenna. VXI comes with a power antenna where system is provided in the stock condition.
Old 21st July 2005, 12:35   #39
BHPian

No the power antenna does not come as stock. I'm sorry I did not make myself clear in the last message, I just enquired the dealer regarding whether a power antenna can be installed or not in LXI.
Old 22nd July 2005, 13:28   #40
BHPian

Shobhit, frankly, dont go for the power antenna, coz ppl been having problems with it, once it gets bent, or something, it wont go in, and then it will be extra expenses! unless, u use the radio too much and want a good antenna.,
congrats on ur baleno!
Old 22nd July 2005, 17:36   #41
BHPian

Insane Devil -> Thanks for the advise. I will take it. Also for installing a power antenna, original body would be drilled into which I won't like at all.

I love my baby as it is...
Old 23rd July 2005, 00:06   #42
BHPian

yeah buddy..DO NOT go in for power antenna..I got one fitted in my Maruti Esteem,and it conked off within 2 months..got it repaired for Rs200,and again it stopped working within 3 months..then I just got the damn thing removed..and the guy fitted that small 3/4th inch diameter hole in the body with some round rubber plug..
I use the standard antenna provided with the Esteem now..no electronic automatic antennas for me now,and won't even recommend them to anyone else.
btw..I bought a nice imported high grade quality power antenna..still all this happened..

sr
Old 23rd July 2005, 01:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Shobhit..congrats..which color did you go in for??
Old 25th July 2005, 10:48   #44
BHPian

Pearl Silver color. I guess its the one most wanted nowadays as the sales executive told me.
Old 7th August 2005, 21:38   #45
BHPian

Congratulations on joining the club ! - btw, you might see my blue baleno around Noida at times - there are only a couple in Noida - i was also going for pearl silver initially till they told me they also had beam blue.

As for service, take it to Motorcraft - avoid Rohans at all cost - Motorcraft is pretty good and professional while Rohan has given me nothing but trouble and annoyance with them causing more problems or not fixing it properly(for our old esteem)

For new tyres and alloys, go with BKTyres in Lajpat Nagar - they're pretty decent , have low rates and have plenty of tyres available along with alloys.

For mods , we have our very own Autopsyche in Gurgaon and Performance Auto in Sec-2, Noida (though he's supposed to be a bit expensive - but they do good work apparently)

zaphod

Last edited by zaphod : 7th August 2005 at 21:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks