Team-BHP - Help Me choose between a Baleno & NHC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Help Me choose between a Baleno & NHC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/6298-help-me-choose-between-baleno-nhc.html)

Hi

I currently have a Daewoo Matiz and I wish to buy another C-segment car. I must mention that the interiors of Matiz are comparable to any C-segment car. I have shortlisted two cars - Baleno VXI and NHC EXI.

Now I'm totally confused as to which one to buy. I'm looking for interior comfort, performance and safety. The interiors of both Baleno VXI and NHC EXI are not too exciting.

After reading the posts here, I'm really confused and seriously need some help. I need to buy the car within next 15 days, so cannot wait for the new Baleno (if there is one coming).

Please advise me on which car should I buy, FE is not a big issue...

well, pal, The NHC EXI is a really nice option, its interiors and everything is great ,except for its Pickup! mileage is also good on it. The NHC Exi is a total new car, seating is also a bit higher than the baleno, good thing.

my vote goes to the NHC EXI anyday!

i understand ur hurry for 15 days, but if you could wait for diwali time, then maybe SKODA FABIA could be yours!

hope this helps...

I need a car that is easy and cheap to maintain and I do not hink Fabia is cheap to maintain given that it is from Skoda family

You are looking at 2 really competetive cars. But the real difference in the two is that one can be termed as an enthu car(Baleno) but gets smashed in the looks department.

On the other hand NHC is more of a car that you would like to be seen in and makes a statement.

Also on consideration should be the maintanace costs difference where the Honda would surely be expensive. So take your pick :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
but gets smashed in the looks department.

For me in looks it's BALENO. It looks somewhat similar to OHC ( forget the rear tail lamps).

FE No probs
Performance reqd
Low maintenance
Safety - No idea which one is better
Interiors - Anyway you are not happy with both of them

With the above criteria, I would choose Baleno over NHC

yeah the baleno is a good option. the honda cars mostly sell because of their name in the market and the looks of their cars. Baleno is a great option its got nice fe, good pickup its interiors are ok and the spare parts are definitely cheaper and maintenance is also low its just got one defect thats looks but i definitely looks 100 times better than the nhc

Well i should be well qualified to advise you here!!!
I sold my Matiz & bought a baleno Lxi

You are right buddy, the Matiz interiors just cant be matched by any small / mid size car

Though i thought that the NHC interiors were pretty spiffy

I know you mentioned the Vxi , but believe me go for the Lxi,
do a change of wheels & tyres (approx 2500 for 5 alloys & michelin certis 195/60 R 14)
Seatcovers - good art leather- 3000
Music System - ?? (the original with the Vxi is the bottom level kenwood !!
but if you go for a decent deck with front & rear speakers i cant see you going over 25K

You will end up with better quality stuff that any of the fitments on the Vxi

Quote:

You are looking at 2 really competetive cars. But the real difference in the two is that one can be termed as an enthu car(Baleno) but gets smashed in the looks department.

On the other hand NHC is more of a car that you would like to be seen in and makes a statement
am with u buddy ...

baleno is good only for performance ... interiors are pathetic ..fit and finish is even worse .. its a car which you would want to rip in no dbout but overall its sucks u still feel like your in an Esteem ..
when you look at the NHC your gaining on every aspect but performance (where you lose hands down) FE figures are similar on both cars ...
NHC is a completely new car ..honda power is very reliable ..if the budget aint a problem pick up the NHC ...

And there is no New baleno being launched ..its a rumour

Thanks to all of you guys for your genuine and true replies.

Revvhead -> Is 2500 the cost for each tyre or for all the tyres to get them converted from normal 165 to alloy 195 ?

Also how much would the spoiler and power antenna cost to get them installed on the LXI ?

If all these are below 50,000 I would surely go for the LXI rather than VXI or NHC.

I vote for the Baleno. Even though it may look ugly (according to most people), I'd say it looks sooooooooo much better than the NHC. Besides its easy/cheaper to maintian and you get the power on tap whenever and wherever you need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shobhit15
Thanks to all of you guys for your genuine and true replies.

Revvhead -> Is 2500 the cost for each tyre or for all the tyres to get them converted from normal 165 to alloy 195 ?

Also how much would the spoiler and power antenna cost to get them installed on the LXI ?

If all these are below 50,000 I would surely go for the LXI rather than VXI or NHC.

oopsie!
]Sorry man Typo there! it 25,000/- for a set of 5 with exchange
thats for the Mags & tyres combined and in exchange for your stock tyres & wheels

Mags & tyres usually cost abt 17,500 each for 5 (14"), so thats 35,000
and you can get abt 10,500 off for your original set which is abt 75% price. But what i also did is bargain with the guy and got the Wheel balancing done for free which if you have to add a lot of weights can even come closee to a 1000 bucks, so you save on that.

No idea abt power antenna

I have a quote of 2500 for the spoiler, but i didnt put it coz the rear end of the baleno looks big enuff as it is!!
(the factory quote is 8000 at the dealer, but the accesories guy i know is good )

You can boost the pperformance further by fitting a K&N intake abt 4000

So WHeels & tyres - 25,000
Seatcovers - 3,000
Music -20,000
Remote locking - 3,500
---------------------------------
Total 51,500

K&N 4,000
----------------------------------

Diff betn Lxi & Vxi abt 80,000

Now you can even add the Antenna & spoiler

the thing wheels & Music will be far superior by miles to what is std fitment

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is K&N ??

test drive both and why dont u decide for yourself ;)

Revvhead -> If I install a custom music system, will it get my warranty void ?

Jaggu has the best point of course

Custom sustem, well most manufacturers nowadays (Definitely blaupunkt) have like a docking plug for each type of car, so you dont need to cut wires or anything, therefor usually the warranty will stay in that case

But run a check on that